Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Dozer

Hello

Guest Dozer

Hello all. just thought id introduce myself. im extreamly new at both this forum and the wonderful world of hookah. i just bought my first one about a week ago and ive been going at it every night since. did have one bad night though. after one session, both my friend and i got terrible headaches. we were using fusion sweet melon. the taste was great, alittle more harsh than any other smoke weve had, but i thought it was pretty good. but 20 mins after, heads were throbing. i was pretty sure i did everything the same in preparing the hookah. ive had fumari trop punch and pear. fusion straw daquri, kiwi orange. and starbuzz straw margarita and not one of them has givin me a headache. any thought on what could have happen? im kinda scared to load it up again, but i dont want it to go to waste. any help from you pros would be great.

Guest Whoswho

Welcome to the forum :)

I've had a few bad nights since i've started smoking, mostly because I never packed the bowls that caused the sickness, which was sever.....very sever.

hopefully you will learn a lot while your here :)

welcome to the forum. at one point or another we all have had bad nights, but its the overal goods that offsets it.

Guest silverraindog

how many did you have that night ? I find if have to many in a night, i do get headaches

Guest vincent09

I know exactly why. =)

You most likely didn't let your coals get completely ashed over and you got a head ache from carbon monoxide.

Welcome to the forum.

Hard to figure out what exactly caused the headache, sometimes it's one or two flavors/brands that will do it to someone but it's a lot of other things which either by themselves or together will cause/aggravate a headache:

1. Make sure you're hydrated before, during and after.

2. It helps to eat something before smoking.

3. Pace yourself...you've got both nicotine and carbon monoxide in the smoke, and too much too fast will do a number on you.

4. Are your coals completely ashed over before starting? Especially if you're using quick-lights?

5. Sometimes it just happens, just try to enjoy as much as you can.

Have fun!