Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chernobyl

Hookah Etiquette

What do you believe is a part of hookah etiquette? Is there something that you dislike someone to do?

For example I dislike someone holding their hands out for the house instead of asking. I prefer to pass the hose off after a couple puffs or ask who would want it.

Sent from my XT1060 using Hookah.org mobile app

my friends and I joke around a lot. my best friend often hogs the hose, so usually I'll do that to him to signify to him "keep talking, but hand over the hose."

but in a more proper setting, i would definitely agree.

A friend of mine got very bad at passing the hose. So now before I hand it to him I remind him that he can't keep it for long.

I've read those, they are great articles. I'm curious as to what others think is courteous or just flat out rude. Since we all have different situations I'm sure we ask have different ways of etiquette

I don’t think it is bad to ask for the hose. Normally I smoke with just my hubby or my hubby and a close friend. We pass the hose back and forth for a while but on the second round of coals when we are with a group it is normal for someone want to sit out of a few rounds. I’m usually the person in the middle of the sectional so it is up to me to hold the hose until it needs to be passed left or right. And if they leave me alone for a while I will zone out especially if we are watching a movie.

At hookah lounges we follow more etiquette.

Lucky for me (or unlucky), I don't have many friends that partake in the act of hookah, and the ones they do live way too far away from me to just come over and relax with me. So I'm lucky in the fact that I'm selfish and I don't smoke with anybody but myself. however when some of my sisters come over to smoke with me, there are no issues with the passing of the hose, mainly because of the two hose hookah, so two of us share one and the other two share the other hose.

My boyfriend has a bad habit of taking the hose and holding it and not noticing when people are reaching for it. I'm the one that has to take it from him. I also had a friend who I swear would french the hose. Every time I got it from him it was all slobbery. I think that's part of the etiqutte. keep the hose dry for others.

You didn't use mouth tips? I don't think I would want strangers (friends) touching their lips to my hose without one.

The only time I use mouth tips is if I'm in a lounge and I didn't bring my own hose (yes, I'm that guy that brings his own hose to a lounge). Otherwise, I have good, clean friends, and I have a habit of wiping off the mouth tip on my shirt anyway when it's passed to me.

The only time I use mouth tips is if I'm in a lounge and I didn't bring my own hose (yes, I'm that guy that brings his own hose to a lounge). Otherwise, I have good, clean friends, and I have a habit of wiping off the mouth tip on my shirt anyway when it's passed to me.

ah yeah well heck, I'll even use tips if I feel like I'm catching a cold or getting sick. On my non-washables I always use a tip just because I can't wash them.

On another note, they let you bring your own hose to a lounge? that's pretty awesome. It's like going to a pool hall and bringing your own stick. I admire that.

I'm like Doug, I don't use mouth tips unless I am at a lounge. I just make sure to keep the hose clean and barely touch my lips to it. This one time when a group of my friends and my fiance's friends were smoking hookah. It came to be my turn in the rotation of the hose and the kid looked me dead in the eye and put the tip of the hose in his mouth.

I'm that guy who will bring his own hookah. You get some weird looks doing that but a lot of people have come up to me to talk about my hookah because of it. It's a pretty nice ice breaker to get to know new people.

I'm like Doug, I don't use mouth tips unless I am at a lounge. I just make sure to keep the hose clean and barely touch my lips to it. This one time when a group of my friends and my fiance's friends were smoking hookah. It came to be my turn in the rotation of the hose and the kid looked me dead in the eye and put the tip of the hose in his mouth.

I'm that guy who will bring his own hookah. You get some weird looks doing that but a lot of people have come up to me to talk about my hookah because of it. It's a pretty nice ice breaker to get to know new people.

Must be a super gorgeous hookah. Have you posted a picture of it on here?

Must be a super gorgeous hookah. Have you posted a picture of it on here?

I wouldn't say they are super gorgeous. One is a Stargate and the other is a KM 1001 Nights Ice.

I wouldn't say they are super gorgeous. One is a Stargate and the other is a KM 1001 Nights Ice.

I used to have a medium stargate. that thing fused together and rusted at all the joints, but it was, by far, the best smoking hookah I've ever had.

I used to have a medium stargate. that thing fused together and rusted at all the joints, but it was, by far, the best smoking hookah I've ever had.

Mine hasn't rusted at all I constantly clean it even when I don't use it. I have to agree with it being the best smoke I've ever had, which is why I keep such good care of it

Well, my friends aren't really the sicky types. Plus none of them are slutty enough to have diseases worth worrying over. Only at hookah bars do we use them but not always what they were intended for.

Wow that stargate is actually pretty bad ass.

We only use tips when we are smoking at a lounge or if someone is sick. We rarely bother when some is sick either, usually it’s just the two of us (my hubby and me) and if I’m worried about that little bit of swapping spit I have a bigger problem than can be addressed here, or we are with close friends. If someone is sick, either the tips come out, or more likely we get out a two or three hose hookah and let the sick person have a washable hose all to themselves.

You should never try to jump your turn, if you have to go to the bathroom I'm sorry you lose your turn.

I do the same thing. If you leave you forfeit your turn and have to wait for the hose to come back around. Also no trying to steal the hose from someone else. For example when you go to pass it and someone else grabs it

How many people are smoking that a turn is forfeit?? the most I've smoked with recently is 3 other people, but I bring out the 2 hose hookah, that way is once hose for 2 people.

I have people over almost every night. So about 3-5 people are smoking it

I have no issue with screwing up the turns. If they let me hold it i'll just smoke and then my teeth feel all funny and my lungs constrict. I use other peoples turns to pace myself

Sent from my C5155 using Hookah.org mobile app

I have no issue with screwing up the turns. If they let me hold it i'll just smoke and then my teeth feel all funny and my lungs constrict. I use other peoples turns to pace myself

Sent from my C5155 using Hookah.org mobile app

Is that supposed to happen normally?? it's not because of the nicotine content is it?