dd0723

Latest Shisha Order Thread

Question

Well I figured that I would start my own thread on this for two reason. 1. to get everybody talking about what they ordered recently, and 2. Because I changed my order from hookahset.com to medwakh.com.

I needed to order coals so I I figured I would try new stuff. I placed an order at Medwakh.com for a kilo of coco Jamra's, a tin each of Othmani baklava, Turkish coffee and double apple because I'm still searching for that great double apple that tastes strongly like star anise, but not like black licorice. I know it's out there because that was my first shisha, but they don't sell it here in the states. Anyway I digress.

The Good:

Placing the order with medwakh.com was awesome and when you click on their link to facebook, a 10% discount gets automatically added to your cart.

They also carry Nirvana brand Shisha which is good to know for when I'm ready to try that very strong tobacco.

Their shipping is very reasonable, like with social smoke, it's only $6.95 for everything that I added to my cart. Which brings me to:

The Bad:

I tried placing an order with hookahset.com yesterday and the shipping said $6.95. GREAT!!! I placed my order for the coco mazaya, a tin of platinum Bahrain apple Tangiers cane mint and about 5 other Al Fakher flavors to try.

Well, they don't have the Tangiers cane mint, so I changed it to Maraschino Cherry but they also wanted to charge me $23.50 for shipping and the order was only $35.

The kicker is that they are in Jersey and so am I. So I canceled the order, told them to go F&^% themselves an placed the order with Medwakh.com

The Ugly:

I was really looking forward to trying the coco mazaya, but it seems I'm not going to be able to try them right now until I find a reputable company to order from that does NOT charge an arm and a leg for shipping.

I guess this is what happens to me when I try to deviate from Social Smoke. They are a great company to order from, no hassles, shipping is always $5.95 and it's free with an order of $75 or more. They have great flavors and their personal hand holding is great, specially for somebody like me that still considers himself a newbie.

So where can I order the coco mazaya from? Where do you guys order from? Everybody else charges about $12 for shipping but I don't need to place a large order right now, so it's not worth it for me to pay that much for shipping.

819 answers to this question

I've heard nothing but bad things about hookah set. So many horror stories of then sending the wrong stuff and refusing to fix things. I've always shopped with hookah-shisha and always will, they have the biggest selection and even though their prices are higher, they do price matching, and their customer service is out of this world. If you ever have an issue they are more than willing to replace the products or give you store credit. Great people over there.

I know people who order from medwakh though and they've had no complaints, so I'm sure your order will be fine =) Just stay away from hookah set.

i'm with the hooligan - hookah-shisha.com has nearly everything you'd ever want. sure, they don't have something girlie or othmani, but i would call both of them lesser-known brands. i will be placing occasional orders from hookahjohn.com now as well - i love the 448 pc home lounge coal box, and it's still cheaper than coco naras with shipping - but hs has a much larger inventory.

have you ever thought about getting together with some friends and place a bulk order to save on shipping? i used to do this all the time with a buddy of mine, especially on social smoke black friday deals.

Bulk orders are great, I used to do that too when I lived in the US and had friends who smoked too. Saved so much on shipping that way. But now I live here and don't have any friends who smoke =(

I've heard nothing but bad things about hookah set. So many horror stories of then sending the wrong stuff and refusing to fix things. I've always shopped with hookah-shisha and always will, they have the biggest selection and even though their prices are higher, they do price matching, and their customer service is out of this world. If you ever have an issue they are more than willing to replace the products or give you store credit. Great people over there.

I know people who order from medwakh though and they've had no complaints, so I'm sure your order will be fine =) Just stay away from hookah set.

Hookah-shisha also has an unreal shipping rate as well. But I can deal with it only when i place a large order to make it worth while. Right now i love social smoke very much to place a large order of stuff i don't know. I do want to expand my palate and explore different flavors and brands, so I'll probably order from hookah-shisha or hookahjohn.com

i'm with the hooligan - hookah-shisha.com has nearly everything you'd ever want. sure, they don't have something girlie or othmani, but i would call both of them lesser-known brands. i will be placing occasional orders from hookahjohn.com now as well - i love the 448 pc home lounge coal box, and it's still cheaper than coco naras with shipping - but hs has a much larger inventory.

have you ever thought about getting together with some friends and place a bulk order to save on shipping? i used to do this all the time with a buddy of mine, especially on social smoke black friday deals.

That's a great idea, but i don't have any friends that smoke often close by. The ones that smoke and can do bulk order live too far to make the savings worthwhile.

I always order from Hookah-Shisha. But I always make sure to order enough to either get free shipping or get a free Mya Gelato. I have several Gelatos now (I give a lot away to friends who are into smoking) that I’m keeping so I have been going with free shipping now. It doesn’t really take that much to get up to $100.

Yea hookah-shisha is great for big orders. I just stock up a few times a year lol I go for the free hookahs as well Wolf Den! They aren't the best but they are decent starter hookahs. Free shipping isn't an option for me so I get those instead and honestly you can probably sell them for the same price as your shipping cost anyway.

it truly doesn't take a lot to get to a $100 at all.

I guess it just depends on what I want to try. since most of the time is just me smoking, I sometimes just want to order one or two flavors that my local shop doesn't carry. I think therein lies the problem. I have an awesome local hookah shop that carries just about everything I will need. so when I want some Nahklah, spare coals or any other accessory, I just jump in the car and 5 minutes later I have new shisha flavors. They are THAT close to where I live.

So I think if I stop going to my local shop for a while, I can probably place a large order online in no time at all.

I just got a notification from medwakh.com that my order has been shipped. EXCELLENT!!! specially since I placed the order just last night. Not only that, but they also sent me a message on facebook letting me know they are available if I have any questions. They also sent my package UPS instead of regular USPS. YUP, they are a keeper.

If your local shop is good by all means shop local. Hookah-She Shia actually has a wholesale site so you might even really be buying from them anyway. I would have to drive several house to take a chance at finding a good shop. So personally I’d just assume to order stuff online and have it waiting for me at home.

If your local shop is good by all means shop local. Hookah-She Shia actually has a wholesale site so you might even really be buying from them anyway. I would have to drive several house to take a chance at finding a good shop. So personally I’d just assume to order stuff online and have it waiting for me at home.

I'm greedy and I like to shop from both. :) I actually like the balance of getting stuff both in the mail and at my local shop. As good as they are, they only carry the full line of SB, a decent amount of Al Fakher, some Nahklah, and some Haze. They are supposed to get fumari in soon, but don't have it yet.

I like to rest assured that if one of my bowls break, I can just drive 5 minutes away to get a new one.

Yea hookah-shisha is great for big orders. I just stock up a few times a year lol I go for the free hookahs as well Wolf Den! They aren't the best but they are decent starter hookahs. Free shipping isn't an option for me so I get those instead and honestly you can probably sell them for the same price as your shipping cost anyway.

do they have anything in stock? most tangiers I want to try it says out of stock...... now I remember why I gave up on them besides their high shipping prices. :( :(:(

I think I'm just going to stop by my local shop tonight. *sigh*

If you're looking at the Lucid line, then yes it will be out of stock because Tangiers discontinued it. I just looked and all of the other lines(burley, birquq, noir, etc.) have tons of flavors in stock.

You might be able to find some cheap since they discontinued it. I haven't found it yet but i haven't really been looking that hard for discount Tangiers.

Sent from my N9810 using Hookah.org mobile app

If you're looking at the Lucid line, then yes it will be out of stock because Tangiers discontinued it. I just looked and all of the other lines(burley, birquq, noir, etc.) have tons of flavors in stock.

The only ones I want to try are cane mint, orange cream, and maraschino cherry. I don't even know what line they are from. :(

I might as well leave it alone. It seems anything tangiers related is just too much of a hassle and it doesn't want to be smoked by me. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Super Pack (3 Tangiers Tobacco 250g ) - Tangiers Noir Shisha Tobacco at Hookah-Shisha.com

Both Cane Mint and Maraschino Cherry and in stock here. I did not see an Orange Cream option but they had a lot of flavors only a few sold out.

WolfDen YOU ROCK!!!!!!!! thanks for that link. I actually found the cane mint on hookahjohn.com but I need to find more stuff to order. I already have an order with Social Smoke (not including the gift certificate) that I'm getting next Friday and the order from Medwakh.com which I'm getting on Tuesday.

I need to stop ordering from everywhere and just place one large order with one company. LOL

Just got my order in from medwakh.com and I'm happy. I could have swore I ordered larger tins of shisha but then I remembered I only wanted to get coals and just try the flavors I ordered. LOL so here's a pic of my order....

....ok never mind, once again I'm having problems uploading a picture and I've tried 3 different browsers already. gggrrrrrr.

How were they price wise and shipping?

Sent from my HTC One V using Hookah.org mobile app

Prices are decent and the shipping is only $6.95. Great turn around time as well, got my order via UPS a day early.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nice. I'm gonna check it out. Maybe put in an order.

Nice. I'm gonna check it out. Maybe put in an order.

Yeah just placing an order of their Turkish coffee will be worth it. I know you are going to like it.

Edited by dd0723

Yea I'm stoked to try it. I love coffee but havent really found a coffee shisha that's strong and on point with the flavor

Now that I've experienced two out of three flavors from othmani, i should mention that because of the very strong flavors, it ghosts A LOT!!!!!! I'm glad that i used my cheapo washable house with it both times. The ghosting is really, really strong. Like even the base smelled of othmani very strongly, so i had to really scrub the whole hookah really well. Now with that said, the othmani shisha is totally worth the ghosting, and i will definitely continue to smoke it. :)

Edited by dd0723

I'm placing a semi-big order with hookah-shisha tonight, here's what I'm getting(subject to change lol):

- 112 piece box of MYA Genie Coco Coals (anyone tried them? I'm not sure)

- Raspberry Decloud Shisha Fruits (saw a review, now I'm curious lol)

- Mint Decloud Shisha Fruits

- Cuban Mojito Fantasia Steam Stones (someone requested I review them)

- Fumari Citrus Tea

- Social Smoke Cola

- Pink Lemonade Beamer Gel Drops (another request from a viewer/reader of mine)

- Tropicool Starbuzz Steam Stones

- Metallic Harmony Bowl (cant wait for this!)

- New base for one of my hookahs

- New base brush

Anyone have any suggestions or thoughts? I'm not totally sure about the cola social smoke, I cannot decide on a flavor to save my life. I wish I could just get more but I'm already risking it getting the 200g of tobacco.

1 person likes this