dd0723

Latest Shisha Order Thread

Question

Well I figured that I would start my own thread on this for two reason. 1. to get everybody talking about what they ordered recently, and 2. Because I changed my order from hookahset.com to medwakh.com.

I needed to order coals so I I figured I would try new stuff. I placed an order at Medwakh.com for a kilo of coco Jamra's, a tin each of Othmani baklava, Turkish coffee and double apple because I'm still searching for that great double apple that tastes strongly like star anise, but not like black licorice. I know it's out there because that was my first shisha, but they don't sell it here in the states. Anyway I digress.

The Good:

Placing the order with medwakh.com was awesome and when you click on their link to facebook, a 10% discount gets automatically added to your cart.

They also carry Nirvana brand Shisha which is good to know for when I'm ready to try that very strong tobacco.

Their shipping is very reasonable, like with social smoke, it's only $6.95 for everything that I added to my cart. Which brings me to:

The Bad:

I tried placing an order with hookahset.com yesterday and the shipping said $6.95. GREAT!!! I placed my order for the coco mazaya, a tin of platinum Bahrain apple Tangiers cane mint and about 5 other Al Fakher flavors to try.

Well, they don't have the Tangiers cane mint, so I changed it to Maraschino Cherry but they also wanted to charge me $23.50 for shipping and the order was only $35.

The kicker is that they are in Jersey and so am I. So I canceled the order, told them to go F&^% themselves an placed the order with Medwakh.com

The Ugly:

I was really looking forward to trying the coco mazaya, but it seems I'm not going to be able to try them right now until I find a reputable company to order from that does NOT charge an arm and a leg for shipping.

I guess this is what happens to me when I try to deviate from Social Smoke. They are a great company to order from, no hassles, shipping is always $5.95 and it's free with an order of $75 or more. They have great flavors and their personal hand holding is great, specially for somebody like me that still considers himself a newbie.

So where can I order the coco mazaya from? Where do you guys order from? Everybody else charges about $12 for shipping but I don't need to place a large order right now, so it's not worth it for me to pay that much for shipping.

Has anyone else tried adalya. I just got 250 of adalya mint and so far I'm pretty happy

Yes it's my new favorite brand. Maracuja, peach mint, green lemon mint, grape lemon mint, power, and blueberry ice were all great. Don't get blue moon it's a blue mist copy.

I actually have peach mint and maracuja coming in today, it's on the FedEx truck right now just checked lol

Yes it's my new favorite brand. Maracuja, peach mint, green lemon mint, grape lemon mint, power, and blueberry ice were all great. Don't get blue moon it's a blue mist copy.

I actually have peach mint and maracuja coming in today, it's on the FedEx truck right now just checked lol

I should've added green lemon mint with my order :( I messed up

I sent them an email about it with pictures of the expiration date and pack still sealed, I mean I don't know how you make this mistake, its the old packaging too

I sent them an email about it with pictures of the expiration date and pack still sealed, I mean I don't know how you make this mistake, its the old packaging too

that's fucked. I'm sorry dude.

that's fucked. I'm sorry dude.

Like I understand you can't see the expiration date unless you open the sealed box, but they switched packaging what like, 6 months ago maybe? I mean it just seems silly. I got nervous as soon as I saw it was the old packaging and the expiration date was the first thing I checked lmao. Hopefully they get back to me and I can get a refund or something but I don't think I'll order from them again

This foreplay on the peach is treating me very well though, really good flavor so thanks for the recommendation, gonna wash my hose out so I get the full flavor for next time

• Like 1

Like I understand you can't see the expiration date unless you open the sealed box, but they switched packaging what like, 6 months ago maybe? I mean it just seems silly. I got nervous as soon as I saw it was the old packaging and the expiration date was the first thing I checked lmao. Hopefully they get back to me and I can get a refund or something but I don't think I'll order from them again

This foreplay on the peach is treating me very well though, really good flavor so thanks for the recommendation, gonna wash my hose out so I get the full flavor for next time

I don't blame you. We were just talking about expired shisha and low and behold you get some.

At least the tangiers is treating you well though

• Like 1

I don't blame you. We were just talking about expired shisha and low and behold you get some.

At least the tangiers is treating you well though

Well thankfully Alex is a good guy, even though these guys have been making mistakes lately he's really on it, and sent out a fresh pack for me and sent me the tracking number. I think I'll just blow it off as them being swamped, its s popular site after all

• Like 1

Well thankfully Alex is a good guy, even though these guys have been making mistakes lately he's really on it, and sent out a fresh pack for me and sent me the tracking number. I think I'll just blow it off as them being swamped, its s popular site after all

You guys are worrying me before my shisha is even here lol. I'll make sure to check the dates and hopefully they're good

• Like 1

You guys are worrying me before my shisha is even here lol. I'll make sure to check the dates and hopefully they're good

Honestly you should be fine but its always good to check, mistakes happen but this one I think was a bit silly, I got an old packaged small box of AF coconut from hookah-shisha before and was concerned but it was still good to smoke, it really wasn't fresh at all though and wasn't the most enjoyable thing in the world

• Like 1

Yeah I like doing business with him but when I finally meet him I will be giving him some shit in friendly banter. Haha

• Like 2

Just got my order from 5star, holy wow that was fast and damn do these flavors smell good

Honestly hookah-shisha has been the fasted with shipping for me that I've tried, it's usually three days. But that's just because I live further away from the other vendors

Just got my order from 5star, holy wow that was fast and damn do these flavors smell good

Honestly hookah-shisha has been the fasted with shipping for me that I've tried, it's usually three days. But that's just because I live further away from the other vendors

• Like 1

So since alchemist blend came out I got an order of stout double apple and regular line alpine mint, threw in a pack of nakhla ice apple and 3k box of titanium's. Really hope the hype is real since as of now the alchemist blend only comes in 350 packs

• Like 3

So since alchemist blend came out I got an order of stout double apple and regular line alpine mint, threw in a pack of nakhla ice apple and 3k box of titanium's. Really hope the hype is real since as of now the alchemist blend only comes in 350 packs

Lol I pretty much went all out and got 3 flavors from each line plus another 80ft bowl to satisfy my bowl collecting addiction (it's a problem guys). I have high hopes for alchemist so I'm sure I won't be disappointed. What I'm really skeptical about is starbuzz vintage. I'm eager to try it just because it looks like another attempt to copy tangiers (cough looking at you hookafina cough) even though they claim "it's like nothing else out there" but other than that I don't smoke starbuzz so meh we'll see.

• Like 2

Lol I pretty much went all out and got 3 flavors from each line plus another 80ft bowl to satisfy my bowl collecting addiction (it's a problem guys). I have high hopes for alchemist so I'm sure I won't be disappointed. What I'm really skeptical about is starbuzz vintage. I'm eager to try it just because it looks like another attempt to copy tangiers (cough looking at you hookafina cough) even though they claim "it's like nothing else out there" but other than that I don't smoke starbuzz so meh we'll see.

My guess is it's supposed to be a replacement for lucid, but even more beginner friendly, which in theory doesn't sound like a bad thing at all but I still want to try it, some flavors sound good, I just have to laugh at Jake when he was on johns video saying for 200 grams $20-$22 was, "very reasonable" yeah okay.. Lol, I couldn't get more alchemist blend flavors I'm too broke to go over my spending cap right nao

• Like 2

My guess is it's supposed to be a replacement for lucid, but even more beginner friendly, which in theory doesn't sound like a bad thing at all but I still want to try it, some flavors sound good, I just have to laugh at Jake when he was on johns video saying for 200 grams $20-$22 was, "very reasonable" yeah okay.. Lol, I couldn't get more alchemist blend flavors I'm too broke to go over my spending cap right nao

Yeah I agree it doesn't sound like a bad thing but just as you pointed out the "reasonable" price point lol it's starbuzz after all. They try to milk the crap out of you. That's why I'll only buy like 2 flavors try out from them, at least we're getting 350 grams for $26 with alchemist, still pricy but better than starbuzz' price point lol. And I feel you on the broke part, I just haven't ordered new tobacco in months cuz I was waiting for alchemist's release date. I had enough tobacco in my stash to hold me over.

• Like 2

Yeah I agree it doesn't sound like a bad thing but just as you pointed out the "reasonable" price point lol it's starbuzz after all. They try to milk the crap out of you. That's why I'll only buy like 2 flavors try out from them, at least we're getting 350 grams for $26 with alchemist, still pricy but better than starbuzz' price point lol. And I feel you on the broke part, I just haven't ordered new tobacco in months cuz I was waiting for alchemist's release date. I had enough tobacco in my stash to hold me over.

I'm glad it is a pretty big pack, I was worried they would be 250 grams for $26, but I mean if vintage ends up being another Tangier's clone there won't be much reason to get it besides for a couple flavors because its more expensive

• Like 1

Unfortunately that pumpkin pie starbuzz flavor I got from 5star is expired too, I wasn't able to tell since as far as I know they don't actually put an expiration date on it, but it was unsmokable, no real big loss I suppose since I didn't care for how it smelled anyway, not gonna bother emailing them about it either

Unfortunately that pumpkin pie starbuzz flavor I got from 5star is expired too, I wasn't able to tell since as far as I know they don't actually put an expiration date on it, but it was unsmokable, no real big loss I suppose since I didn't care for how it smelled anyway, not gonna bother emailing them about it either

Yep you just convinced me never to order from 5star lol. Idc if they have a huge inventory, I don't want expired sheesh. I once got expired Nak chocomint from hookah- shisha and now I can't bring myself to ever smoke that flavor again :/ too bad, it was my fave chocolate mint flavor

That sucks. Every can of starbuzz has an expiration date on it and stickers on the bag detailing it was made by them in ac recent year 2013 2014 2015. If you get a can without a date the retailer rubbed it off to be able to sell it. Alex is doing us dirty now.

That sucks. Every can of starbuzz has an expiration date on it and stickers on the bag detailing it was made by them in ac recent year 2013 2014 2015. If you get a can without a date the retailer rubbed it off to be able to sell it. Alex is doing us dirty now.

I think it had a 2014 sticker but I couldn't tell the exact date, I thought it might still be okay but it was just unsmokeable

By unsmokeable do you mean dry or what?

It seemed pretty wet in comparison to other brands but dry for starbuzz, I figured it would be fine and I packed it up and everything, it just wouldn't smoke though, I even let the coals sit for another 10 minutes or so and tried puffing it again, like the smoke that came out was very dry, almost non existent, and had an almost ashy texture to it, almost no flavor was coming through and it almost made me feel sick, I know it wasn't user error because I did exactly what I've always done for starbuzz and brands like it