dd0723

Latest Shisha Order Thread

Question

Well I figured that I would start my own thread on this for two reason. 1. to get everybody talking about what they ordered recently, and 2. Because I changed my order from hookahset.com to medwakh.com.

I needed to order coals so I I figured I would try new stuff. I placed an order at Medwakh.com for a kilo of coco Jamra's, a tin each of Othmani baklava, Turkish coffee and double apple because I'm still searching for that great double apple that tastes strongly like star anise, but not like black licorice. I know it's out there because that was my first shisha, but they don't sell it here in the states. Anyway I digress.

The Good:

Placing the order with medwakh.com was awesome and when you click on their link to facebook, a 10% discount gets automatically added to your cart.

They also carry Nirvana brand Shisha which is good to know for when I'm ready to try that very strong tobacco.

Their shipping is very reasonable, like with social smoke, it's only $6.95 for everything that I added to my cart. Which brings me to:

The Bad:

I tried placing an order with hookahset.com yesterday and the shipping said $6.95. GREAT!!! I placed my order for the coco mazaya, a tin of platinum Bahrain apple Tangiers cane mint and about 5 other Al Fakher flavors to try.

Well, they don't have the Tangiers cane mint, so I changed it to Maraschino Cherry but they also wanted to charge me $23.50 for shipping and the order was only $35.

The kicker is that they are in Jersey and so am I. So I canceled the order, told them to go F&^% themselves an placed the order with Medwakh.com

The Ugly:

I was really looking forward to trying the coco mazaya, but it seems I'm not going to be able to try them right now until I find a reputable company to order from that does NOT charge an arm and a leg for shipping.

I guess this is what happens to me when I try to deviate from Social Smoke. They are a great company to order from, no hassles, shipping is always $5.95 and it's free with an order of $75 or more. They have great flavors and their personal hand holding is great, specially for somebody like me that still considers himself a newbie.

So where can I order the coco mazaya from? Where do you guys order from? Everybody else charges about $12 for shipping but I don't need to place a large order right now, so it's not worth it for me to pay that much for shipping.

Hookah-shisha is having a back to school sale, so I made an order that will hopefully last me at least halfway through the semester.  :)
Tangiers Birquq It's Like That One Breakfast Cereal (this will be my first experience with Tangiers! I hope I picked a decent flavor)
SS Arctic Lemon
SS Pandora's Box
SS Watermelon
AF Mango

• Like 2

Hookah-shisha is having a back to school sale, so I made an order that will hopefully last me at least halfway through the semester.  

Tangiers Birquq It's Like That One Breakfast Cereal (this will be my first experience with Tangiers! I hope I picked a decent flavor)

SS Arctic Lemon

SS Pandora's Box

SS Watermelon

AF Mango

I haven't had a chance to try breakfast cereal but I heard it was pretty good, you're lucky though, I ordered my 5 kilos before the sales started kicking lmao

• Like 1

Hookah-shisha is having a back to school sale, so I made an order that will hopefully last me at least halfway through the semester.  

SS Arctic Lemon

SS Pandora's Box

SS Watermelon

AF Mango

All very solid flavors. If you need help with Tangiers let me know! I have a packing tutorial video I can link you. It's a really good flavor, the other one is too much cherry.

• Like 2

On 8/23/2016 at 8:29 PM, DudeWhere'sMyHookah said:

All very solid flavors. If you need help with Tangiers let me know! I have a packing tutorial video I can link you. It's a really good flavor, the other one is too much cherry.

Yes, that would be awesome!  Is it on your Youtube channel?

• Like 1

Yes, that would be awesome!  Is it on your Youtube channel?

Sure is I could link it here again. If you watch hookahmatt he has 3 or so packing methods on his channel too. It's good to get as much feedback as possible on stuff since there's no book on hookah all word of mouth especially with Tangiers! Haha

• Like 2

Forgot to add my little order.

250 nak double apple

250 al fakher Bahraini apple

100g haze chaitastic

Whoooo first fall flavor of the year. I've smoked way too much citrus this year... Been too hot not to

• Like 1

Forgot to add my little order.

250 nak double apple

250 al fakher Bahraini apple

100g haze chaitastic

Whoooo first fall flavor of the year. I've smoked way too much citrus this year... Been too hot not to

I hope you like that bahraini apple, its gonna be something I'd definitely get again personally

• Like 1

Well if you plan to do a review on it I'll be looking forward to it

I plan on it. Even if it's not up to my standards I'll at least give reasons why. Everything I've heard on golden even in the past has been great so I'm not overly worried just weary since af seems to have dropped in quality. Hoping for the best. I'll mix it with da if I hate it lol da can cover up any skunk of a flavor.

• Like 1

I plan on it. Even if it's not up to my standards I'll at least give reasons why. Everything I've heard on golden even in the past has been great so I'm not overly worried just weary since af seems to have dropped in quality. Hoping for the best. I'll mix it with da if I hate it lol da can cover up any skunk of a flavor.

you think they dropped in quality? Why's that? All I could think of would be occasionally I get really choppy pieces, and sometimes a small chunk of unsaturated tobacco, but its pretty rare, besides that I can't say much besides the occasional stem, but to be fair I'm still one of the newer generations of hookah smokers, like AF grape got fixed by the time I had a chance to try it, so I don't really have much to go by

you think they dropped in quality? Why's that? All I could think of would be occasionally I get really choppy pieces, and sometimes a small chunk of unsaturated tobacco, but its pretty rare, besides that I can't say much besides the occasional stem, but to be fair I'm still one of the newer generations of hookah smokers, like AF grape got fixed by the time I had a chance to try it, so I don't really have much to go by

After they went to the squares the flavor got less and less pronounced. My last mint 250 and blueberry 250 were beyond disappointing so I won't entertain buying regular af and special edition is a joke. If I like this one I'll get that trippy edition one and more golden

After they went to the squares the flavor got less and less pronounced. My last mint 250 and blueberry 250 were beyond disappointing so I won't entertain buying regular af and special edition is a joke. If I like this one I'll get that trippy edition one and more golden

You might be right about that, I didn't smoke AF as often, or well hookah in general when the old AF packaging was out, I do remember mint being stronger then, I think DA is probably the same, I haven't smoked lemon mint since they had the old packaging so I don't know, maybe they just have a harder time having the tobacco stay strong on shelf, I hated those bags but one good thing they had going for them was they were sealed really well out of the box

• Like 1

You might be right about that, I didn't smoke AF as often, or well hookah in general when the old AF packaging was out, I do remember mint being stronger then, I think DA is probably the same, I haven't smoked lemon mint since they had the old packaging so I don't know, maybe they just have a harder time having the tobacco stay strong on shelf, I hated those bags but one good thing they had going for them was they were sealed really well out of the box

I forgot about the bags you know what that's probably why it's been doing that. Good observation

• Like 2

I forgot about the bags you know what that's probably why it's been doing that. Good observation

I loved the bags, my last newer AF 250s have been good to me, about to pack mango :) Im just lucky i guess haha.

Sent from my VS880PP using Hookah.org mobile app

• Like 3

Yeah I haven't had much problems, just the mint is milder, but that's okay because its an absolute heat monster. Plus I'm a fan of mild mints, I didn't try blueberry till the new packaging, but I love it, I'm hesitant to open more double apple bexuase I already burned through 500 grams, I might make a small scale order to get another kilo and maybe try some ugly out, I need to restock on coal at some point soon too, I think I'm just under half my supply, I got that 60 packs of the 16 piece boxes from hj however long ago, buying bulk is great man lol

• Like 1

Yeah I haven't had much problems, just the mint is milder, but that's okay because its an absolute heat monster. Plus I'm a fan of mild mints, I didn't try blueberry till the new packaging, but I love it, I'm hesitant to open more double apple bexuase I already burned through 500 grams, I might make a small scale order to get another kilo and maybe try some ugly out, I need to restock on coal at some point soon too, I think I'm just under half my supply, I got that 60 packs of the 16 piece boxes from hj however long ago, buying bulk is great man lol

There should be wholesale options for us I mean I fully understand why there isn't but so many times I've wanted to act like I own a lounge or shop just to take advantage of it. Cocourth coals are 4 bucks wholesale... Who knows how cheap a nak kilo is. Like 10 or some shit

• Like 2

There should be wholesale options for us I mean I fully understand why there isn't but so many times I've wanted to act like I own a lounge or shop just to take advantage of it. Cocourth coals are 4 bucks wholesale... Who knows how cheap a nak kilo is. Like 10 or some shit

Yeah like if you were to buy several, I would totally spend $40 on 4 kilos straight from the distrubutor if it was an option

• Like 1

Stocked up on tangiers today. Ordered 500 g burley cane mint, 500 g noir kashmir peach, 250 noir kashmir guava, 250 noir pear-watermelon, 250 g noir maraschino cherry. Should be getting these by monday. I'm like a kid in a candy shop. Stoked.

• Like 3

Stocked up on tangiers today. Ordered 500 g burley cane mint, 500 g noir kashmir peach, 250 noir kashmir guava, 250 noir pear-watermelon, 250 g noir maraschino cherry. Should be getting these by monday. I'm like a kid in a candy shop. Stoked.

That's a really good order, burley cane mint is really something, and you were fortunate to find k peach in noir, I haven't even been able to try it yet lmao, just in the birquq line

• Like 1

So I just placed an order a couple days ago, I still have a hefty amount of tobacco but tonight I just used up the last three pieces of coal I had. Two cocourth cubes and a large titanium flat, so I ordered a 10 kilo pack of titanium flats, 250g of Tangier's noir cane mint, k peach, and peach iced tea, then standard AF grape, and a kilo and a half of nak DA, wanted to get more stuff from the gold line again but money was tight, so I figured I'd just grab the tang noir while it was available and stock up on DA

• Like 3

I didn't order anything just yet but I did get the new zahrah spade stem sent to me along with two more lavoo dark blend flavors to review. I'm still out if the country for a week but once I'm back I'll be making this hookah compete and getting some more golden af to try out as well

• Like 3

Since I'm finally home made the order to get my stem dialed out. Going white and blue for it.

Starbuzz tsunami white vase (he was sadly out of the pharaohs I wanted)

White thunder dark hose

2 kilos of charcoflare cubes

1 kilo of titaniums for foil

250 of ugly mowardi

200 of al waha Arctic blueberry

250 golden af Orange

All from hookahjunkie of course

• Like 3