Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nima

Would you want to see a Gallery section?

Would you guys be interested in a Gallery section where you can upload your own pictures and check out other member's hookah pictures?

(i'm working on the upcoming forum improvements and looking into adding different features to it)

That would be cool, but it would be good to moderate it otherwise it might get spammed. But it is cool to see peoples new rigs, pics of their stash or recent orders and of course helpful things like how different people pack bowls and such.

I think it would be great but I do agree with hookah hooligan. It would need to be moderated

Sent from my XT1060 using Hookah.org mobile app

Agreed. Moderation will be important. we also dont want copyrighted images posted there

Perhaps if a picture is reported by a user to violate a rule it will be hidden and reviewed? That way if it hasn't violated anything it can stay but if not it can be easily removed.

I would totally love that!!!!! I thought that was already in place which explains why the pictures I uploaded to an album I created are not showing up. :) :) I take my own pics, so nothing I use would be copyrighted by someone else.

a good way to prevent much moderation would be to not allow it until after 10 or 20 posts or something like that. by that point you can vet the identity of that person, and that they aren't a spam bot.

a good way to prevent much moderation would be to not allow it until after 10 or 20 posts or something like that. by that point you can vet the identity of that person, and that they aren't a spam bot.

That could work but bots can still post that many quite quickly. I'm not knocking the idea though because I think it should require atleast10 posts

The thing with that is that we are so chatty that it will get to 20 posts in a day or two at the most.

Keep in mind all registrations need to be approved by hand so the number of spammers will be minimal

I remember you saying that. I just think we get worried about our little slice of internet heaven.