Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Layla

Help! How do I clean this hookah?

Question

I have a skinny brush, but I can't bend it very well. Is there something I can pour in the pipe to clean it? Do they make a more bendable brush?

Here's a picture. I'm sure you'll understand why it's so difficult.

DSC01018.jpg

14 answers to this question

Guest bloodvortex
I have a skinny brush, but I can't bend it very well. Is there something I can pour in the pipe to clean it? Do they make a more bendable brush?

Here's a picture. I'm sure you'll understand why it's so difficult.

DSC01018.jpg

My only idea in my mind is first use pressured water inside the pipe.(thats where the part with the bird right?).spary water from there the tobbaco head is placed and water runs out from the bottom... maybe a bits of dirt will come out..after that boiling hot water... and use the pressure water again..this can be able to clean it well..

dry it well

:D

thats such a cool shisha

pressured water is good.

Another way is to leave the hose and the pipe soaking in hot water overnight. That should bring everything out.

Yeah, it's just hard to use pressured water because my sink isn't big enough, hah. Someone screwed the small pipe (the one that goes in the glass base) onto the bird part too tightly, and now I can't take them apart, so I can't get it into smaller, more washable pieces. Sucks.

Maybe I'll try to use the bath water somehow.

Thanks!

if you wana take it apart just leave it under hot water and take it apart when it expands...

Guest Roomys

Hello this is my first and definately not my last post on this awesome site!

Ok i had a cool idea for you to try, it requires the following...

1x fishing line ( thin as possible )

2x Pipe cleaners ( your tobaconist should have these )

1x set of magnets

Ok this might sound time consuming but once you get the hang of it and practiced enough it should be easy as pie.

Instructions: Tie the one magnet to the end of the fishing line and insert it into the top part of your Hookah, you might need to try find really small magnets to fit that hole, now once the magnet is tied to one end, twist the 2 pipe cleaners together by " braiding " them if you will, and then tie the end of fishing line to both ends, now with a little practice you should be able to move that magnet inside with the one outside all the way to the opposite side, once its out just grab hold of that fishing line and move it back and forth inside the piping with ruinning water and that should clean it up nicely.

Its a really beautiful Hookah and just suggesting getting a straight one wont help you, so try my method and let us know how it worked out?

Roomys

Smoking since 2003

Guest trapman

well im thinking you could go to the music store. Buy a trumpet brush, they are basically plastic brushes on a large flexible string. That could work nicely.

That is the most ingenious thing I've heard all day. I'm not even going to lie.

I love this forum.

Thanks so much for that idea. Kudos.

well im thinking you could go to the music store. Buy a trumpet brush, they are basically plastic brushes on a large flexible string. That could work nicely.

Guest trapman

thank you ^_^

my sister plays trumpet plus im just a music geek :cool:

Guest Whoswho

someone gave me an idea with one of my posts.

His idea was to use a mix of baking soda and lemon water.

I would use that, leave it in over night, then flush out with warm water.clean, safe, and lemony fresh :)

Guest vincent09

Simple! Baking soda and lemon juice, let it set in the solution for 10-15 minutes, rinse with water. Good as new!

I still need to get that trumpet brush. Then I'm going to combine all those ideas.

Baking soda? Lemon juice? Dude, if Martha Stewart smoked hookah, that is exactly what she would say.

J/k, I've heard of lemon juice being good, and being the domestic goddess that I am, I should have thought of baking soda, because that stuff is good for everything.

So thanks, guys. Definitely awesome suggestions that I will try. I appreciate it.

Guest trapman

iv been usin lemon juice and baking soda for years now

the trumpet brush is sooooo gunna work lol