Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ppoet90

Hookah Lounge Henderson, NV

Hello All,

I am starting a hookah lounge in Henderson, NV and already have a couple of vendors i'm signed up with. I want to get everyone's opinions on here though. What would you all say are the best hookahs, coals, and also shisha? 

For shisha I would say you should carry Starbuzz, Al Fakher, Nakhla and maybe Fumari. Those seem to be the most popular brands for hookah bars. While I like coconut coals, bars seem to do fine with using quick lights. 

I agree with everything stated above and I feel strongly about Fumari being a good choice.  I also think Social Smoke would work really well in a hookah bar.

I went to a lounge in FL that impressed me.  They brought out the hookah with a quick light on it (I will admit I was disappointed) but after about 5 minutes of so he came out from the back took the quick light off and added two natural coals.  The quick light served the purpose to get the bowl heated up faster and out to us while the coconut coal was cooking.  I really appreciated that step.

BTW I’d love to see pictures when you get opened!

I agree with everything stated above and I feel strongly about Fumari being a good choice. I also think Social Smoke would work really well in a hookah bar.

I went to a lounge in FL that impressed me. They brought out the hookah with a quick light on it (I will admit I was disappointed) but after about 5 minutes of so he came out from the back took the quick light off and added two natural coals. The quick light served the purpose to get the bowl heated up faster and out to us while the coconut coal was cooking. I really appreciated that step.

BTW I’d love to see pictures when you get opened!

I haven't seen a hookah bar do that before with coals but it seems amazing.

I'd say for hookahs get some Khalil Mamoons. Most hookah bars I go to use them. They are reasonably priced, especially in bulk, sturdy and a lot of products work with them. I.E., diffusers, bowls, hoses, base protectors, replacement bases and stems.

Sent from my XT1060 using Hookah.org mobile app

agreed with the above, but maybe Fantasia instead of fumari. fumari is really expensive, but really good - if you offer it, it should be a premium option.

also, natural coals are the way to go.

and please, don't be that lounge that forgets about your customers. I've been to too many where the waiter or waitress flat out disappear for 30 minutes at a time.

agreed with the above, but maybe Fantasia instead of fumari. fumari is really expensive, but really good - if you offer it, it should be a premium option.

also, natural coals are the way to go.

and please, don't be that lounge that forgets about your customers. I've been to too many where the waiter or waitress flat out disappear for 30 minutes at a time.

I was going to say Fantasia but I haven't seen it offered in hookah bars and I am not sure how popular it would be.

Naturals would be way better but they take longer to light so either have some always lit or it takes a couple minutes longer to get hookahs out.

I completely agree with you. The waiters and waitresses must be around often. There has been many times when I was looking for an employee at hookah bars and couldn't find one.

That was another great thing about the hookah bar we went to in FL, the guy was around to ash our coals, add new ones, make sure we were doing okay on drinks.  Great guy.  It was a slow night, so that might have been why, but I got the feeling from him that he always like to treat his customers like they really were his guests. 

I was going to say Fantasia but I haven't seen it offered in hookah bars and I am not sure how popular it would be.

Naturals would be way better but they take longer to light so either have some always lit or it takes a couple minutes longer to get hookahs out.

I completely agree with you. The waiters and waitresses must be around often. There has been many times when I was looking for an employee at hookah bars and couldn't find one.

I've seen fantasia in bars before.  If a bar serves AF, Starbuzz, and Fantasia, usually Starbuzz and Fantasia are upcharges.

I was at a bar in Miami a couple months ago, and they had Fumari.  I forgot all about that.  Unfortunately they used quick lights and egyptian bowls, so the juice was obviously leaking like crazy into the stem.  Oh, and the bowl had no grommet.  It was kind of a mess.

OP asked about good hookahs - I would recommend talking to Social Smoke - they have a nice business program, and you could get tobacco (Social Smoke is also a great tobacco brand) as well.  Other options would be Nammor or KM hookahs, which you could work with Hookah-Shisha.com on.  Some places are starting to use Sahara Smoke hookahs as well, but I can't vouch for their quality, but they are pretty.

Hookah-Shisha has a wholesale website called “Hookah Wholesalers” that way you can get prices.  They have to vet you to make sure you are actually a lounge but after that it might be a good place to at least get info.  I know from other businesses the getting as many price lists as you can is one of the best things you can do.

Thank you all so much. I actually have an account with Hookah Wholesalers and am also speaking with a local hookah lounge that makes their own shisha as well. I am actually fond of the coconut coals myself. My friends and I use those all the time but I like the quick lite idea first and then coconut coals come after. I will add as many pictures as I can when it gets up and running. I have many different ideas for my lounge that I have yet to be seen out here in Vegas that I think everyone would love. As far as shisha goes I love fumari and starbuzz myself but AF and fantasia are  great brands too. What I might do is just serve all of them but with the most favorite flavors. So I don't waste any shisha 

No problem, it is what we are here for. If you have anymore question don't be afraid to ask. Can't wait to see the pictures and how you get everything going, definitely keep us updated. Try not to get too many flavors, I've noticed people are less likely to care or read through them all if you have a long menu. 

Yeah that's what i've seemed to notice as well. What are your favorite flavors from Fumari, AF, starbuzz and fantasia?. 

For Fantasia I like 4Play, Ace Of Spades, One Hunderd, Lucky, and Dragon's Breath. For Starbuzz I like Blue Mist, Code 69, Sex on the Beach, Pirate's Cave,Pink, and any of the Acid line, though most flavors they make are delicious other than,in my opinion, Lebanese bombshell. I don't usually smoke Fumari but I love their white gummi bear. With Al Fakher you can't really go wrong especially if you are getting base flavors as the low end of your menu or for mixing. You can always substitute or also carry Nakhla which is close to Al Fakher in that you cannot go wrong with their flavors. 

I’m a big Fumari fan so I’ll chime in there: 

White Gummy Bear

White Peach

Blueberry Muffin

Mandarin Zest

Lemon Mint

Prickly Pear

Ambrosia

I’m having a brain fart, I know there are a few others that I enjoy.  The best I would say would be White Gummy Bear and Blueberry Muffin if you wanted to limit how many types you carry.

Fumari:

Ambrosia, Blueberry Muffin, Double Apple, Chai Latte

Starbuzz:

I like Black Mint, but that might not appeal to all, especially if you're trying to limit your flavors - Simply Mint or Mint Colossus might be better options.  And Blue Mist is kind of a Starbuzz staple.

AF:

Great for base flavors, like Chernobyl stated.  Mint, Apple, Strawberry.

Fantasia:

Their flavors are kind of hit or miss.  Their mint is one of my favorites (Ice Mint), the Bananas Foster is pretty decent, and a lot of people like their Mojito, but I find it a little too citrus-y for my tastes.

Social Smoke:

Their Arabian Nights (coffee) and French Vanilla flavors are some of my favorites from them, and their Chocolate Chill (chocolate + mint) is one of my all time favorites.  A lot of people like the Absolute Zero (mint) as well.

Romman Turkish Coffee, Spearamint, and Chocolate Mint are great flavors as well. I like their Ivory Coast but it seems like people either love it out hate it.

Sent from my N9810 using Hookah.org mobile app

Oh and Social Smoke Mango Habanero might be a cool idea for those dare devils lol i don't like it but I'm not a fan of either flavor my hubby on the other hand is a fan

Sent from my N9810 using Hookah.org mobile app

Well given our constant temperature change here I'd stock summer and winter flavors given we don't have much of a spring or fall time.

I smoke with a lot of people here and the real hardcore smokers do not buy fantasia because it's not hookah, it's really not.

I'd have to agree with most of what the others say.

Fumari is a great first brand. I'd offer that as the newbie line as they are known for long long lasting flavors and huge cloud output. But you'd need a brand to give your place funnel bowls. fumari is not for mods/hemis.

Starbuzz has very few flavors any of my friends smoke too. Just strawberry margarita, tangerine dream, watermelon, and melon blue.

mix any or all of those and you'll have a happy customer.

Al fakher is more toward the people who have seen true quality in hookah brands and know their taste. I'd advise against strawberry and watermelon because they just aren't what they are labeled as. Peach, mint, blueberry, and mango are some real nice ones. Mango and guava should be on every lounges menu honestly.

I'd stay away from haze because their flavors almost are always pre-mixed. it's nice for home use but when making a menu and bowl combination just for your lounge haze could be a bit difficult.

Tangiers would mean your staff would have to be extremely knowledgeable, the packing isn't easy but boy will it pay off. You could easily be known for the only place in the desert that has them stocked. Horchata, maraschino cherry, cane mint, and peach iced tea are all very good tobaccos.

If it were me I'd smoke all of them myself, figure out what you and your customers would like best, then come up with a seasonal menu because of our weather. Berries, fruits, and mints for march through October then vanilla, caradamon, cinnamon, honey, and coffee flavors for October through march.

I have a lot of ideas for a lounge menu based on our climate, I'm more than willing to share more if you need any other help.