Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheEightyFour

Shisha Tobacco Exchange

I got an idea for our forum:

The shisha exchange.

Some of us here are new smokers, but many of us have large stashes of tons of different shisha tobaccos.  It would be awesome if we could set up something - maybe it's just a thread, maybe it's a new members only section that requires some sort of user validation - where we can post what we want and what we have in exchange, and have "verified exchangers" that have completed at least one "exchange" transaction and the other person rated them well.

For instance, I have about 900g of Social Smoke Mint.  I really did not like the flavor, but I'm pretty particular on my mints.  It's gotten rave reviews though.  I'd be willing to exchange that for some Tangiers.

Thoughts?

That seems like a great idea. I'd love to do some trading for other shisha. Especially the stuff that isn't carried in stores around here. I'd trade you for the mint but sadly I don't have Tangier's

Sent from my XT1060 using Hookah.org mobile app

That’s a really cool idea.  The way I have seen it on other forums is:

1 person is in charge

Say 5 people total are participating (including the organizer).  The other 4 all send a package to the organizer and an agreed upon amount is billed to them on paypal to ship the box with the “care package” to them.

That’s a really cool idea. The way I have seen it on other forums is:

1 person is in charge

Say 5 people total are participating (including the organizer). The other 4 all send a package to the organizer and an agreed upon amount is billed to them on paypal to ship the box with the “care package” to them.

that could be cool. I dig.

That is pretty interesting and sounds a bit easier than people sending random boxes to others. 

I would say we'd need a separate area for it. Everyone would need to package there tobacco in separate Ziploc bags enough for a bowl or two and then however many flavors it is decided on for that swap. The organizer would receive all of these packages then groups them up and send them out to everyone else.

You could do it quarterly and then anyone who has participated in a swap before can then organize one if they want to that way we share the workload that way.

There probably should be a post minimum though before someone can even enter.

Sent from my N9810 using Hookah.org mobile app

Package them in separate bags, label them, and if possible write the weight. It could be difficult judging what constitutes a bowl pack since not all bowls are created equally. We may have to have a minimum of 25 or 50 grams of shisha. 

This is an awesome idea! I can't really contribute since I barely get tobacco anymore =(

Don't worry, you can get free samples. We've got to share the love. haha. But really though we need to find a way for you to get shisha easier

Don't worry, you can get free samples. We've got to share the love. haha. But really though we need to find a way for you to get shisha easier

haha yea, its not that easy since you have to write whats in the box on the customs form.

Can Americans carry tobacco with them if they go to visit? If so you should get a friend on the other side of the border to bring it to you. That probably wouldn't work though

Can Americans carry tobacco with them if they go to visit? If so you should get a friend on the other side of the border to bring it to you. That probably wouldn't work though

I am an American, but that doesn't help me any. I can legally bring back 250g un-taxed but any more than that and they'll let me bring it but I have to pay taxes like crazy. All of my friends are in Pittsburgh so thats not an option, but I'm seriously considering getting a PO box in like seattle or somewhere close by here so I can just have it shipped there and bring it back that way. I just need a friend to give me a ride down there.

I am an American, but that doesn't help me any. I can legally bring back 250g un-taxed but any more than that and they'll let me bring it but I have to pay taxes like crazy. All of my friends are in Pittsburgh so thats not an option, but I'm seriously considering getting a PO box in like seattle or somewhere close by here so I can just have it shipped there and bring it back that way. I just need a friend to give me a ride down there.

The P.O. box sounds like a much easier way of doing it. 

Can we call it a gift? I used to sell jewelry and when i sent to Canada i just said gift

Can we call it a gift? I used to sell jewelry and when i sent to Canada i just said gift

I know people and some companies that can do that. But I do believe it is against the law to blatantly lie about what is inside the parcel. Though if we are just giving it to HookahHooligan it would be considered a gift. We should check this out 

Yea thats totally legal because you guys aren't a company who is sending me products, you're a friend whos sending me a gift. But they can still tax it, its just less likely that they will. I've never tried it so I'm not sure what will happen lol

Yea thats totally legal because you guys aren't a company who is sending me products, you're a friend whos sending me a gift. But they can still tax it, its just less likely that they will. I've never tried it so I'm not sure what will happen lol

Well do you know how bad the tax would be for about 50g? I'm willing to send it to you free of charge just to test it out. 

That’s a really cool idea. The way I have seen it on other forums is:

1 person is in charge

Say 5 people total are participating (including the organizer). The other 4 all send a package to the organizer and an agreed upon amount is billed to them on paypal to ship the box with the “care package” to them.

That's awesome!!!!!!! As much shisha as i have i would love to participate in something like this. That way i get to try different flavors and people that want to get social smoke can just exchange for it. I love this idea!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well do you know how bad the tax would be for about 50g? I'm willing to send it to you free of charge just to test it out.

I would too. I don't think that hooligan has to be penalized for enjoying the same thing that we all enjoy. My local shop has tons of Al Fakher flavors that i can just pick up and send it over. Is 250g the limit for mailing it as well?

I would too. I don't think that hooligan has to be penalized for enjoying the same thing that we all enjoy. My local shop has tons of Al Fakher flavors that i can just pick up and send it over. Is 250g the limit for mailing it as well?

I did some research with HookahHooligan and it looks like even as a gift it could be taxed. It all depends on the person who is checking the box. 

The shishexchange thread has now moved to the help hooligan get tobacco at less ridiculous prices thread.  i approve.

Haha thanks guys, I appreciate it <3

I did some research with HookahHooligan and it looks like even as a gift it could be taxed. It all depends on the person who is checking the box. 

Yea, this is true. chernobyl was nice enough to do some searching for me but no luck =( It seems my best option is to get a PO box just across the border and have my stuff shipped there. But I wouldn't want to make a friend drive me all the way down there for 50g of shisha for the exchange lol it would be better used for when I make big orders. Theres still the chance that they would stop me and possibly go through my stuff but its highly unlikely because I'm a permanent resident here so they cant tell me I'm not allowed into the country lol

But I didn't mean to hi jack this thread, please, plan your exchange! Its an awesome idea.