Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dd0723

ok I have a question about my Vortex

Question

Ok, so I know you guys have already taught me A LOT, but I do have a question that I've been wondering about and now I'm ready to ask it.

My vortex bowl looks a bit different than some other bowls I've seen. I think the position of the holes on the spire is wrong, but I want you guys to confirm this for me. I know that the Vortex is supposed to hold in the juices, but mine doesn't. For some reasons the holes are a bit lower in the spire than most vortex I've seen.

Here's a picture of how it looks. It's not supposed to look like that, right?

post-9346-0-64534700-1400469991_thumb.jp

9 answers to this question

Do you know what brand it is? Sahara Smoke makes vortex bowls and the holes are pretty much always at the top, and the spire is a little bit bigger than what you have there. I have one of theirs and it works pretty well because the holes are at the top, which makes sense.

There are other brands of vortex bowls, Havana I think is one of them, and they put holes in random places. Some people say its because its better to get smoke from the middle and bottom of the bowl rather than the top but who knows. I think its just designed different, it's not defective or anything so I wouldn't worry about it. If it bothers you then maybe pick up a authentic Sahara Smoke vortex bowl and the holes will be at the top and definitely will hold in juices.

Do you know what brand it is? Sahara Smoke makes vortex bowls and the holes are pretty much always at the top, and the spire is a little bit bigger than what you have there. I have one of theirs and it works pretty well because the holes are at the top, which makes sense.

There are other brands of vortex bowls, Havana I think is one of them, and they put holes in random places. Some people say its because its better to get smoke from the middle and bottom of the bowl rather than the top but who knows. I think its just designed different, it's not defective or anything so I wouldn't worry about it. If it bothers you then maybe pick up a authentic Sahara Smoke vortex bowl and the holes will be at the top and definitely will hold in juices.

Well mine holds in the juices somewhat, not as good as my funnel bowl though. I have noticed that it does last a very long time, but it also has the most juices leaked into the base. When I clean it I have to disassemble it by the kitchen sink because there's juices everywhere.

Everything I have as far as tools I bought from social smoke, so that Vortex is a Social Smoke "Vortex". I kinda thought that maybe mine was defective because I've seen so many with all the holes at the top of the spire. Out of all my bowls that's my favorite to smoke out of because it lasts up to 3 hours, so I know it works, but it leaks as much as an Egyptian or Hemi bowl.

Well mine holds in the juices somewhat, not as good as my funnel bowl though. I have noticed that it does last a very long time, but it also has the most juices leaked into the base. When I clean it I have to disassemble it by the kitchen sink because there's juices everywhere.

Everything I have as far as tools I bought from social smoke, so that Vortex is a Social Smoke "Vortex". I kinda thought that maybe mine was defective because I've seen so many with all the holes at the top of the spire. Out of all my bowls that's my favorite to smoke out of because it lasts up to 3 hours, so I know it works, but it leaks as much as an Egyptian or Hemi bowl.

Yea pretty much any vortex that isn't Sahara Smoke will have holes in random places rather than at the top. Yours isn't defective, just different. Consider it a unique bowl that only you have lol

i have a couple no-name vortexes i bought from a local head shop a long time ago before i knew where to get quality equipment.  they have holes very similar to that in both of them.  however, that being said, they are still really good vortexes, and they fit a kaloud lotus better than the sahara smoke vortex i bought, which is a little higher quality.

Yea pretty much any vortex that isn't Sahara Smoke will have holes in random places rather than at the top. Yours isn't defective, just different. Consider it a unique bowl that only you have lol

Ah cool. I'm unique! That means im special; not yellow bus special though.

i have a couple no-name vortexes i bought from a local head shop a long time ago before i knew where to get quality equipment.  they have holes very similar to that in both of them.  however, that being said, they are still really good vortexes, and they fit a kaloud lotus better than the sahara smoke vortex i bought, which is a little higher quality.

Im glad to her I'm not crazy and that bowls SRE made that way.

Yea thats another difference between the name brand and off-brand ones, the spire is higher up on the sahara ones so the lotus wont sit on them right. It might be passable but I've never tried because on mine it seems like there would be too much clean air getting in.

I hardly use my vortex anymore though, usually just for steam stones or those gels if I feel like it. I love my alien mini and have a harmony on the way.

I'm kind of kicking myself for ordering that one though because 5 star just released a clone of the harmony thats glass and it seems slightly more shallow so it would probably work better for my needs than the huge harmony bowls that are being sold now. But oh well, now I'll probably get both! lol

Yea thats another difference between the name brand and off-brand ones, the spire is higher up on the sahara ones so the lotus wont sit on them right. It might be passable but I've never tried because on mine it seems like there would be too much clean air getting in.

I hardly use my vortex anymore though, usually just for steam stones or those gels if I feel like it. I love my alien mini and have a harmony on the way.

I'm kind of kicking myself for ordering that one though because 5 star just released a clone of the harmony thats glass and it seems slightly more shallow so it would probably work better for my needs than the huge harmony bowls that are being sold now. But oh well, now I'll probably get both! lol

You know which two bowls I've always been interested in? The badcha bowl (brohood bowl on 5star) and that glass bowl that Paul always uses in his videos. It just looks like a very cool bowl. I haven't found too much about the badcha bowl in order to make an informed purchase decision. and Paul's glass bowl is just freaking cool as hell.

You know which two bowls I've always been interested in? The badcha bowl (brohood bowl on 5star) and that glass bowl that Paul always uses in his videos. It just looks like a very cool bowl. I haven't found too much about the badcha bowl in order to make an informed purchase decision. and Paul's glass bowl is just freaking cool as hell.

Paul uses a crown mini(there is also a crown classic which holds more) in a lot of his videos, crown makes some great bowls thats for sure. I haven't had the pleasure of owning one yet but I will someday. They are hard to clean though.

The brohood is great too from what I've seen, but its not my style I like phunnel style bowls the most. I would collect every bowl if I could though, I'm obsessed with them lol