Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HookahHooligan

Godzilla

So is anyone going to see this? I'm going to see it in a few hours, I'm pretty pumped for it because I remember bits and pieces of what I saw when I was lots younger when my dad took us to see it. I'll report back with how good it is, no spoilers though! lol

Heres the trailer if you haven't seen it:

I've heard mixed reviews, some love it and others hate it. I don't want to go see it in theaters but I'll rent it out download it eventually

Sent from my XT1060 using Hookah.org mobile app

Yea I wasn't planning on seeing it in theaters but we got free tickets so might as well use them on something that has potential. lol I hate 3D movies though so were seeing the regular one.

Im definitely going to see it. I grew up with Godzilla movies like people grow up with Spider man movies today. 

Let us know how it is  (no spoiler alerts though)

I can't stand 3D movies either. I used our free tickets to go see Catching Fire when it was in theaters.

Im definitely going to see it. I grew up with Godzilla movies like people grow up with Spider man movies today. 

Let us know how it is  (no spoiler alerts though)

I only watched the first spider man, but not until way later, maybe like 2 years ago or something. I'm really behind on the times lol I remember seeing a Godzilla movie with my dad though, I'm not sure which one. But I remember thinking it was awesome which is why I want to see this one so bad.

I can't stand 3D movies either. I used our free tickets to go see Catching Fire when it was in theaters.

Was it any good? I dont get the hype with those movies, but I haven't read the books so maybe thats why.

I have seen so many Godzilla movies that I'm not excited to see this one. However the people I know that have seen it loved it. I'll just wait till it's available on the appleTV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The movies are great, they tell their story very well. I've read the books though and they are not the same as the movies. Small details are left out, in the second movie they leave out a large detail in a pretty important scene. That happens in all movies based on books though.

I personally liked the Hunger Games movies so far.  Haven't read the books, but my wife has, and she said they're pretty accurate, though, obviously, with certain changes to fit the format.  I was a little hesitant - most of the movies that are being created based on different series of books have fan bases of 14 year old girls.  I am not a 14 year old girl.  I enjoyed both movies.

I saw the first one and it was okay, but Im not sure it was worth all of the hype. But like you said, the fan base is 14 year old girls, so I'm not sure what I expected lol

I have seen so many Godzilla movies that I'm not excited to see this one. However the people I know that have seen it loved it. I'll just wait till it's available on the appleTV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are some good actors in it though.

The movies are great, they tell their story very well. I've read the books though and they are not the same as the movies. Small details are left out, in the second movie they leave out a large detail in a pretty important scene. That happens in all movies based on books though.

Yea every movie based on a book does that, because a book can't translate into an entertaining movie without changing somethings. And they would be too long if every detail made it in. 

I think it was worth some of the hype. Not at of it though. While it is a good movie out isn't amazing or ground breaking.

I know that movies based on books do that. My problem is, is that it was a pretty important scene that they skipped. Having read the book I felt that viewers of the movie deserved to know what happened then.

I watched the first hunger games movie and i wasn't impressed at all. I downloaded the 3 books (purchased as a present) for some family members, but i didn't bother in reading them. If the first one wasn't impressive, i doubt that the second or third will win me over. As stated above however, im not a 14 year old girl either.

I want to see Godzilla, and hopefully I will be able to soon. I want to take the family to the drive in to see it when we go. Nima im talking about the one just south of stephens city

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Tapatalk

I want to see Godzilla, and hopefully I will be able to soon. I want to take the family to the drive in to see it when we go. Nima im talking about the one just south of stephens city

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Tapatalk

I love drive in's. I used to watch movies that way for my whole childhood. I think that is the best way to experience a movie.

I've never been to a drive in before. I wonder if there are any nearby me.

I've never been to a drive in before. I wonder if there are any nearby me.

They are not as common now. A couple years ago there were three near me. Now there is only one.

They are not as common now. A couple years ago there were three near me. Now there is only one.

Thats a shame. I guess its not something a lot of people look for so competition probably ate them up until there was only one left. 

Thats a shame. I guess its not something a lot of people look for so competition probably ate them up until there was only one left.

That and people could sneak in our sneak food in, making them lose money on that.

True. People do that even in regular theaters lol

yeah I used to love going to the drive-in. I think the last one in Jersey closed a few years ago, but the one I used to go to was in Long Island. It was a lot of fun. No matter what, people are going to sneak in food if they don't want to pay those ridiculous food prices. You should go with my and to the movies, not only does she bring home cooked meals, but she brings plates and silverware. she's freaking awesome. You just hear my uncle saying, babe give me a leg and some salad, I'll have rice and beans later.

yeah I used to love going to the drive-in. I think the last one in Jersey closed a few years ago, but the one I used to go to was in Long Island. It was a lot of fun. No matter what, people are going to sneak in food if they don't want to pay those ridiculous food prices. You should go with my and to the movies, not only does she bring home cooked meals, but she brings plates and silverware. she's freaking awesome. You just hear my uncle saying, babe give me a leg and some salad, I'll have rice and beans later.

I loved going, it was interesting to be able to see so many different movies at once. Plus it just has a different feeling than going to a theater. Yeah people will always sneak in food, their prices are way too high. I used to see kids hop over the fence or hide in trunks of cars to sneak into the drive in haha. That sounds great! Has she ever gotten in trouble or do they just ignore her?

I loved going, it was interesting to be able to see so many different movies at once. Plus it just has a different feeling than going to a theater. Yeah people will always sneak in food, their prices are way too high. I used to see kids hop over the fence or hide in trunks of cars to sneak into the drive in haha. That sounds great! Has she ever gotten in trouble or do they just ignore her?

The times I've gone with them they never get caught. I think people enjoy the smell of her home cooking. My cousin, my sister and I used to love it. They moved to FL a few years ago and retired there, so I haven't been to the movies with them in a very long time, but the family all agree they are the best aunt and uncle ever.