Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kchapman

New hookah

Question

I've been smoking a km hookah for about a year now and I want to upgrade to a better hookah. What would be the best one I could get?

To be honest I was under the impression that KM was the best. What don't you like about the one you have right now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been smoking a km hookah for about a year now and I want to upgrade to a better hookah. What would be the best one I could get?

Welcome!!

I am personally super happy with my KM, but I understand wanted a new hookah.  I agree that upgrading your current hookah (if you haven’t already) can really impact how well it smokes and how enjoyable you sessions can be.  So even if you do end up getting one I recommend these upgrades:

Washable hose – everyone has their favorite I personally like Dream Hoses

Different style bowl – depending on what you are smoking a phunnel bowl or even a vortex will make a big difference.  I would personally go with the phunnel

Nice wind cover – serves a purpose and makes the hookah look nice

Diffuser – changed my world with my KM.  It quieted the rumble down so we don’t have to blare the TV or music

Natural Coals – if you aren’t already using them

I would agree that KMs are great hookahs, they last basically forever if you take care of them and they smoke really really well. Everyone else pretty much nailed it with the advice they gave. But yes, you can get 15% off over at hookah-shisha with the discount code HOOLIGAN15 - it works on any order over $20 except for sale items.

ah yes, I'm sorry for being rude, welcome to the Forum.

Thank you so much guys! I think I'll upgrade it. I already use the natural coals and I normal use the hand made clay bowl it came with but I was thinking about upgrading that as well as the hose and get an ice tip. Or maybe I'll get another km I think they are beautifully made

Thank you so much guys! I think I'll upgrade it. I already use the natural coals and I normal use the hand made clay bowl it came with but I was thinking about upgrading that as well as the hose and get an ice tip. Or maybe I'll get another km I think they are beautifully made

It's a lot cheaper to upgrade than to buy a quality hookah :)

If you smoke really wet brands of tobacco (not Nakhla), I'd recommend picking up a funnel (phunnel) or vortex bowl.  I personally love the Alien Mini bowl, but I smoke Tangiers a lot, which is really wet.  If you want a better quality bowl, Social Smoke's egyptians are some of my absolute favorites.

Also, a hose will make a DRAMATIC difference in your smoke.  I've gotten so I bring my own hose if I go to a lounge - it's that much of an improvement.

What kind of KM do you have?

Yeah I've been wanting to try social smoke and I have a km black ceramica. But I also saw a hookah called a OG it looks great and hood great reviews about it but I still don't know anything about it. And image try to get that phunnel tomorrow and see how it works for me

Yeah I've been wanting to try social smoke and I have a km black ceramica. But I also saw a hookah called a OG it looks great and hood great reviews about it but I still don't know anything about it. And image try to get that phunnel tomorrow and see how it works for me

If you get the Alien Mini, know that it's a pretty small bowl.  It's great for about an hour on pretty much anything except Tangiers, and not great with dryer tobaccos (Nakhla in particular), but it'll work.  There are other good ones larger than the Alien Mini.

Also that's a beautiful hookah.  But the bowls that come with KMs are pretty... subpar.  I don't really understand it.

Yeah the bowl it came with is extremely small and it burns out quickly to. Have you tryed an inverted bowl? They look pretty good but dont know if there good

Yeah the bowl it came with is extremely small and it burns out quickly to. Have you tryed an inverted bowl? They look pretty good but dont know if there good

That looks great. It could be the center of your collection, very beautiful hookah. Invest in a diffuser and a better hose and you will be set.

Sent from my XT1060 using Hookah.org mobile app

Yeah, it's definitely pretty.  I second chernobyl's marks on that, but I would also suggest a new bowl as well.  The ones that come with KMs are crap.

They are not the best bowls. But bowls are very dependent on what you smoke, if they are dry or not.

Sent from my XT1060 using Hookah.org mobile app

Yes I'm going to get a new bowl and hose and I want to try that diffuser and I'll but pics of it when I get it thanks everyone!

It's a lot cheaper to upgrade than to buy a quality hookah :)

If you smoke really wet brands of tobacco (not Nakhla), I'd recommend picking up a funnel (phunnel) or vortex bowl.  I personally love the Alien Mini bowl, but I smoke Tangiers a lot, which is really wet.  If you want a better quality bowl, Social Smoke's egyptians are some of my absolute favorites.

Also, a hose will make a DRAMATIC difference in your smoke.  I've gotten so I bring my own hose if I go to a lounge - it's that much of an improvement.

What kind of KM do you have?

To be honest I was under the impression that KM was the best. What don't you like about the one you have right now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the key wording here is KM is the best option for your money, and maybe 10 years ago you could say that KM was the best hookah made, but things sure have changed quickly in the hookah world.  Personally, I love love love my Regal over my KMs any day.  I own a Queen Pine Regal, a KM Basha Oxide, and a KM Monarch.  The Regal smokes flawlessly and it has the perfect draw for smoking Tangiers.  I actually think it is an incredible investment for anybody.  As much as you try to take good care of a KM, it still can develop some funky smells after some time.  I've had my Regal 2 years now, and it has been the lowest maintenance hookah I have ever owned, and no funky smells.

I think the key wording here is KM is the best option for your money, and maybe 10 years ago you could say that KM was the best hookah made, but things sure have changed quickly in the hookah world.  Personally, I love love love my Regal over my KMs any day.  I own a Queen Pine Regal, a KM Basha Oxide, and a KM Monarch.  The Regal smokes flawlessly and it has the perfect draw for smoking Tangiers.  I actually think it is an incredible investment for anybody.  As much as you try to take good care of a KM, it still can develop some funky smells after some time.  I've had my Regal 2 years now, and it has been the lowest maintenance hookah I have ever owned, and no funky smells.

What kind of smells? lol I've never had that happen before, but maybe I just didn't have my KM long enough for that to happen. I had it around 3 years or so.

I'm looking to replace my cheap generic hookah with a new one. There are no stores in my area so I have never seen, held, or smoked from any of the the top name brands. I have only ever seen vendor photos and some youtube videos. There's a lot of brands out there and I would like something of very good quality that smokes really well. My budget is roughly $100 +or -. Any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated.