chernobyl

Watching/Listening to Right Now Thread

I walked out on Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey.

However, I was 7.  The grim reaper was scary.

I don't even remember that movie and I saw that one at the movies as well. I remember a hot girl was in it, but I don't even remember who. 

Right now I'm watching lawless. 

I've never walked out on a movie. But I rarely go so I make sure to only see a movie that I'm really excited for. I think the last movie I saw in theaters was Catching Fire.

• Like 1

Theaters have gotten to expensive, thats why I love the drive in. It averages out to 4 bucks a movie

I love the drive in but sadly there is only one open near me. They've also gotten strict about bringing in food. I don't mind the food part since the tickets are so cheap you can afford to buy concessions.

I can remember going with my friends in high school and there was almost always a kid or two in the trunk. Haha

we have this theater near me that has movies for $2. the seats are old. it's uncomfortable. and everyone talks during the movie. but it's so much fun. and $2!

I'm not sure if anyone else has AMC theaters near them or what their deals are like there but around me you can go to the movies on certain days( last I checked was Tuesday) for $4. Then concessions are something like 25-50% off.

I'm not sure if anyone else has AMC theaters near them or what their deals are like there but around me you can go to the movies on certain days( last I checked was Tuesday) for $4. Then concessions are something like 25-50% off.

We don't have AMC here but we have Cineplex and they do the exact same thing on Tuesdays. They also have a membership card that you scan every time you go and you collect points for free movies and sometimes you randomly win free popcorn or drinks or whatever too.

We got one of those cards for the Regal theater. What is awesome about it was they allowed us to use our free tickets and still have it count for the card.

I've never walked out on a movie. But I rarely go so I make sure to only see a movie that I'm really excited for. I think the last movie I saw in theaters was Catching Fire.

The last movie we saw at the theaters was elisyum because it was one of those AMC restaurant/movie theaters where you sit down in a recliner and a waiter or waitress comes over to take your dinner order complete with alcoholic beverages. The movie was meh, but we enjoyed the food and drinks. 

Theaters have gotten to expensive, thats why I love the drive in. It averages out to 4 bucks a movie

I wish we still had a drive-in. The last one in the state of NJ closed down a few years ago. There was one in Hyde Park, NY but I don't know if that one still open. 

There are actually 2 that are fairly close to me, but the one only.shows a single feature, while the other is always a double feature, so you can guess which one gets pur business

Well Saturday night is gonna be probably the last drive in night for the year. If any other members live in the nova area, the family drive in theater in Stephens city is running a dusk till dawn marathon, 4 movies for the same normal gate price. Im gonna be enjoying the hookah that night while watching the movies, be neat if we could get a few of us there that night

The new episode of the walking dead is on! Woo.

Hell yeah it was and it was great. Now I'm getting used to watching the talking dead afterwards too. Don't know why but I liked it when I saw it for the first time last week. It was awesome as always. 

I've been on a Ted Video watching plan for the past couple weeks. I'll start posting the ones I like here too.

• Like 1

Writing a neo classical/modern jazz fusion piece with a touch of metal on guitar right now. Currently listening to some scale the summit, animals as leaders, reign of kindo, and Beethoven to get in the proper mindset. It's coming along great but the time signature changes are killing my left hand haha

• Like 3

Writing a neo classical/modern jazz fusion piece with a touch of metal on guitar right now. Currently listening to some scale the summit, animals as leaders, reign of kindo, and Beethoven to get in the proper mindset. It's coming along great but the time signature changes are killing my left hand haha

sweet! I saw AAL this summer. and ever since I've wanted an 8 string...

• Like 2

I can't hang on an eight string haha my hands are only suited for a seven at most. Tosin is a prodigy for making the music he does on an eight string compared to the other bands who play eight strings that purely use it for the dropped tuning.

I love hearing him talk too, he describes things very professional yet friendly. His lessons have helped a lot since I've gotten more and more into jazz as of lately.

How was that show? Nothing short of phenomenal I bet :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I can't hang on an eight string haha my hands are only suited for a seven at most. Tosin is a prodigy for making the music he does on an eight string compared to the other bands who play eight strings that purely use it for the dropped tuning.

I love hearing him talk too, he describes things very professional yet friendly. His lessons have helped a lot since I've gotten more and more into jazz as of lately.

How was that show? Nothing short of phenomenal I bet :thumbsup:

yeah it was an amazing show. like dream theater, there was absolutely zero stage presence or visual entertainment value outside of the screens behind them. but musically it was absolutely insane.

I have an ibanez 7 and it's nice, but I have large hands, so I think I could handle a larger neck. I have a 6 string bass that I play pretty much effortlessly, and those necks are massive.

• Like 1