chernobyl

Watching/Listening to Right Now Thread

I wanted and still want to get Petrucci's music man seven string model. It's priced well and even the stock pickups don't sound bad. With the couple hundred you save EMGs can be an option too. :monkeydance:      If Jackson made a worth while 7 I'd be there though regardless of price.

6 string basses are no joke, I feel lost because I want to sweep on those but it's so much fretboard to cover. I can get a little groove going on but I stay on standard bass if I want to play one. Slapping comes easier for me one those

I've never seen dream theatre but I would think that they could have zero presence thanks to those 28 minute songs and time signature jumps lol

oh yeah, DT doesn't even move.  it's like their left foot is superglued to the stage, and their right foot is only mobile to switch pedals.  jordan rudess is probably the most awesome of them all live - he's got a keyboard setup he can turn 360 degrees and he actually looks like he's having fun instead of practicing in his bedroom.  it was an amazing show, but i don't think i'd go see them again - it was just kind of boring after a while.  the flurries of musicality become a little monotonous.

my next purchases are going to be a carvin custom 8 string (dc800), a gigrig g2, and a kemper profiler with a matrix audio gt1000 power amp and a matrix audio 2x12.  it's a multi-year plan.  haha.

• Like 1

Jordan has always seemed like he has the most fun. I remember during their new drummer interviews Jordan was like the only one smiling haha

That setup would be great. Blowing out windows and shit haha

I've only played one carvin but I remember the neck was flawless.

I like mesa but not for the price, that was the last brand I really looked into. I haven't mapped out a setup in years now because money is always so tight. Yours makes me want to start cruising sweetwater and musicians friend again

I'm on a peavey combo amp that has lasted like 5 years and 4 bands lol it's not much for the studio but for practice and writing it has never let me down.

Edited by DudeWhere'sMyHookah

Oh now that I know someone plays on here you should check out etherial guitars and esoterik guitars. Both are amazing looking high priced brands

Chris Storey's model from All shall perish on etherial are beyond belief haha $4500

I miss my electric guitars =( Never owned a 7 string before but played with a friends. I love the small necks that Ibanez guitars have, I had one of their cheaper models that was my go to for a long time, until I got a Gibson SG(one from the Robot series) haha I just have a Fender Acoustic right now.

eh, not a fan of those. esoteriks are too pointy and elongated, and the other is just a little too far out design-wise for me. about as crazy as I go is my parker fly.

I'm a sucker for a natural finish on a guitar that's why I like esoterik. It's just eye candy for me, I want to Frankenstein out my Rhodes V with a diamond plated pickguard and active blackouts or EMGs plus a paint job before I think of buying another guitar.

My obsession with odd shapes started with the B.C. Rich mockingbird. I loathe the sound of that brand but this one model still stands alone as sounding flat out beast.

It had seymours stocked though which has to count for something. Plus like 2 killswitches and all this other extra crap that I don't necessarily need haha

I bought a Jackson dinky just for the Floyd rose system and it's literally my most un-used piece of equipment. I have to remember "keep it simple stupid" more often!

i've got a rhoads v - the long point got broken off whilst doing a slide across a show choir stage after pulling off the solo to van halen's ice cream man.  so that was something.  i never loved how that played though.  it felt kind of... cartoonish.

i've got a few ibanezes and that rhoads v that all have floyds.  i've about blocked all of them by this point.  they're really fun for doing the shreddy stuff or pretending i'm steve vai.  realistically though, they make restringing a nightmare and it sucks the sustain out.  the parker fly i have has a bridge similar to a strats - it floats, but it's outrageously stable.  if i pull the bar out, i can do some stuff, but i barely even do that.

I don't like the sound I get from mine but I have it dedicated to c sharp to counter act the high treble it seems to give off.

That's a badass way to break it off man, I've played tons of shows but I have never done anything to that magnitude of coolness haha

I didn't have the money back then to get the Floyd rose V, I just have the most plain jane black one you can get. I'm glad because as you said they are complete bitches to restring.

I really like the floating bridges, there is just something about them. Those and hollowbodies. Gretsch has those down.

I completely get what you mean by using the bar to feel like vai :lol: back when dragonforce was new all I would do is try to emulate them by diving and screeching every single vibrato I could.

I have an exfm1 Ibanez that I will never get rid of. Everything is set so perfect. Even the stock v7 v8 pickups sound really good.

i have a really old rg 570... though i think it's actually a prestige rg 1570, because the finish (blue sparkle) is on no other guitar.  it does sound great with the v7 and v8's (i replaced the s1 with a YJM for some reason), but the neck on it is so thin it actually hurts my hands, so i don't play it often.  i stick mainly with my fly, which it's neck profile is similar to a rg 350, a strat plus, tele plus, and an ibanez rg 7620.  i get a ton of versatility with those axes.  the rest just sit in storage, waiting for a bigger house where i can wall-mount them all.

listening to a playlist of halloween music on Spotify while I fix the pictures for my next blog entry on Jewels Strawberry Daiquiri Shisha

Thought I'd resurrect this thread.  I bought a ton of LPs today, and I'm currently wrapping up listening to Jimi Hendrix's Band of Gypsys, and gonna start up either Led Zeppelin's Houses of the Holy or Jimi Hendrix's Hear My Music (new bootleg for Record Store Day, which was today).  Then probably on to Frank Zappa's Apostrophe (').

I was listening to U2's The Joshua Tree and Mastodon's The Motherload single.

Edited by TheEightyFour
  • Like 1

Thought I'd resurrect this thread.  I bought a ton of LPs today, and I'm currently wrapping up listening to Jimi Hendrix's Band of Gypsys, and gonna start up either Led Zeppelin's Houses of the Holy or Jimi Hendrix's Hear My Music (new bootleg for Record Store Day, which was today).  Then probably on to Frank Zappa's Apostrophe (').

I was listening to U2's The Joshua Tree and Mastodon's The Motherload single.

Oh wow Frank Zappa... that's not showing our age is it? LOL.... 

Have you heard U2's new album: "Songs of Innocence"?  It's got some decent songs but my most favorite is the one they played at the apple keynote; "The Miracle (of Joey Ramone)". I like the beat. 

Zappa, great prog rocker, just a very weird song writer. Showing our age dd, would be listening ro all the 80s bands on vinyl...wait showig our age is just being interested in vinyl...and knowing what it is,lol. On that note I desperately want to find a usb turn table, I hqve some vinyl I havent heard here at the house in years.

Zappa, great prog rocker, just a very weird song writer. Showing our age dd, would be listening ro all the 80s bands on vinyl...wait showig our age is just being interested in vinyl...and knowing what it is,lol. On that note I desperately want to find a usb turn table, I hqve some vinyl I havent heard here at the house in years.

mine is one of those. I find I just direct out via RCA > 1/4" (I have a recording interface) and don't really use the usb.

and Zappa, at least some of his best stuff, was definitely before my time (70s). but I love his weirdness. and his musicality was simply genius.

mine is one of those. I find I just direct out via RCA > 1/4" (I have a recording interface) and don't really use the usb.

and Zappa, at least some of his best stuff, was definitely before my time (70s). but I love his weirdness. and his musicality was simply genius.

He was most definitely a genius, I love older prog rock, thats always been my thing personally

Oh wow Frank Zappa... that's not showing our age is it? LOL.... 

Have you heard U2's new album: "Songs of Innocence"?  It's got some decent songs but my most favorite is the one they played at the apple keynote; "The Miracle (of Joey Ramone)". I like the beat. 

It's decent.  It's no Joshua Tree though :)

dd - add this to your Christmas music list:

I take no responsibility for what happens in this version of this song.

Wow...just wow, that was uh...different

• Like 2

Doug ABR is one of my favorite bands. You ever seen them live? It's better than their albums no doubt.

I've got to see them quite a few times now, even busted up my knee during a warped tour to white washed. Couldn't even enjoy Acacia strain to their potential that day!

you ever hear the flamenco version of internal cannon? Every hookah playlist I've created has had to have that one on there haha

they really need to do a greatest hits album in the style of flamenco

dd - add this to your Christmas music list:

I take no responsibility for what happens in this version of this song.

That was awesome! I must have heard it like 4 times on a row before I decided to buy it on iTunes. It's going right in in my metal christmas playlist along side a twisted christmas from twisted sister. :)

Edited by dd0723
  • Like 1