Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nima

My upcoming gsd puppy

This weekend I went to a breeder and reserved a german shepherd puppy. I've asked for a female but depending on the temperament of the puppy I might end up getting a male -  I'm looking for a working line german shepehrd which needs a much more active puppy than the typical 'pet' german shpeherd. The puppies are a little over 2 weeks old now. I'm picking mine up at 9 weeks old.

Here are some pictures

post-1-0-40185100-1401215070_thumb.jpg

Their Father:

post-1-0-27274700-1401215435_thumb.jpg

Their Mother:

post-1-0-54259400-1401215444_thumb.jpg

Those are beautiful dogs, the puppies are adorable! My grandmother used to have two German Shepard's. They are amazing pets

Sent from my XT1060 using Hookah.org mobile app

my aunt has a german that she bought trained from germany.  i don't typically like big dogs, but her dog is the sweetest dog in the world.  puma's getting up there in age now, she's about 10 years old, and she loves to sit on my aunt's couch and watch tv or bark at bunnies out the back window.

congrats on the puppy.  you'll love her (or him)!

Adorable puppies! I'm sure you're super excited haha I remember having to wait for my puppy when I was a kid because they were still too young, every day I would ask when she could come home lol

Gorgeous, gorgeous animals. You can tell a lot about the trainer/breeder just by looking at the dog. Look at that perfect stance of the mother. Everything from the ears, to the hind leg, and the tail is perfect. Truly perfect and how a German Shepherd's stance should be. My dad loves that breed and I've been around them since the very first day i was born. The last bitch he owned he had her flown from Germany and he got a great deal on her of only $1200. When people would ask my dad if she was a pure breed he would say: "look in her ear". In Germany pure breeds have a serial number tattooed on the inside of their left ear.

The stud he owned he bought here in the US and his paperwork went back five generation of champions. He got him from the Jersey City police dog trainer who was also the trainer of my dads dogs. He used to have a German Shepherd's club in jersey city but he's retired now.

Anyway, my dad breed her 3 times and sold the puppies in a heart beat. They say that pure breeds should never have more than 3 litters or the pups are worthless.

Sorry for the rambling, but I'm passionate about this breed and those dogs in the pics are just gorgeous.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gorgeous, gorgeous animals. You can tell a lot about the trainer/breeder just by looking at the dog. Look at that perfect stance of the mother. Everything from the ears, to the hind leg, and the tail is perfect. Truly perfect and how a German Shepherd's stance should be. My dad loves that breed and I've been around them since the very first day i was born. The last bitch he owned he had her flown from Germany and he got a great deal on her of only $1200. When people would ask my dad if she was a pure breed he would say: "look in her ear". In Germany pure breeds have a serial number tattooed on the inside of their left ear.

The stud he owned he bought here in the US and his paperwork went back five generation of champions. He got him from the Jersey City police dog trainer who was also the trainer of my dads dogs. He used to have a German Shepherd's club in jersey city but he's retired now.

Anyway, my dad breed her 3 times and sold the puppies in a heart beat. They say that pure breeds should never have more than 3 litters or the pups are worthless.

Sorry for the rambling, but I'm passionate about this breed and those dogs in the pics are just gorgeous.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes. German shepherds are truly awesome dogs.

The father of the litter im buying the puppy from is a SCH3 and the mother is SCH1. The mother is six years old though so she probably has had more than three litters but this is the first time Im hearing that after three litters the puppies are not as good. 

The trainer I'm getting the dogs from is awesome too. She's been breeding - and more importantly training GSDs for 30+ years.  

OMG that 3rd slide show she's got on the first page with the black one is the exact replica of Atila (Spanish spelling of Attila the Hun), the dog my dad bought the day I was born. That dog lived 13 years, and to this day I remember when he died.

I'll have to ask him again what's the breeding age limit for females because I honestly don't remember, but yeah they are usually limited to 3 litters. I'm sure you are in great hands though, that lady definitely has the expertise and knowledge about your dog if she's been doing it for that long.

You have got to share some pictures with us when you get the puppy. They are adorable !!!!

I lived in Germany for several years when I was growing up and the beagle my parents got me had the ear tattoo.  I have always said that if I ever get a beagle again I’m going to try to find one that is related to her.  I’m sure my mom has her paperwork stored somewhere.  But I have a feeling I’ll just keep finding mutts that need a good home.

Picking the puppy up next week on the 5th. She is already 20 freaking pounds 

Here is a picture of the litter 

post-1-0-13199700-1403836955_thumb.jpg

This is the puppy I'm actually getting

Her name is Parsa

post-1-0-90297600-1404436109_thumb.jpg

Such a gorgeous pup, I might steal her from you.

Sent from my XT1060 using Hookah.org mobile app