Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dd0723

Rust or stained?

Question

So im freaking out over here because i found either rust or stain spots on the bottom part of my hookah. Not the stem, but the hole at the bottom of the stem where the down stem starts... Check the picture. :)

In further inspection i found that is only the outer rim that looks like that, the rest of the hookah and the inside looks good. However wont that get worst with time?

I have the locktite naval rust remover and special pipe cleaner because my first hookah is definitely rusted inside, bad!, which is the reason i haven't smoked out of it in a long time. The treatment worked like a charm, but only for 3 days. After that i saw the rust again, so i figured better safe than sorry, so I have it as a display piece.

What pisses me off is that i always clean the hookah after every session. You'd think the damn rust would wait a while before showing up!

Anyway, what do you guys think?

post-9346-0-20234700-1401507191_thumb.jp

10 answers to this question

yeah, i think it's best not to use that one anymore.  i personally would never use any chemical-based cleaner on a hookah and continue to use it - even if you clean it out really, really well afterwards, you just don't want to risk smoking any residue it might leave behind.  it's chemicals, after all, and who knows what they really do to the integrity of the metal.

what's the brand and make of that hookah?

Yea thats definitely the beginning of rust starting to form. Is that your Social Smoke hookah? If you've had it less than a year I would contact them and see if they'll help you. That shouldn't happen to a pipe that gets cleaned after every use.

yeah, i think it's best not to use that one anymore.  i personally would never use any chemical-based cleaner on a hookah and continue to use it - even if you clean it out really, really well afterwards, you just don't want to risk smoking any residue it might leave behind.  it's chemicals, after all, and who knows what they really do to the integrity of the metal.

what's the brand and make of that hookah?

The first one i have is a no name hookah that my sister brought from the Middle East on her last deployment. The other one on the picture i posted is the social smoke pro lounge Izmir series.

Yea thats definitely the beginning of rust starting to form. Is that your Social Smoke hookah? If you've had it less than a year I would contact them and see if they'll help you. That shouldn't happen to a pipe that gets cleaned after every use.

Yup, thats my social smoke one. I've only had it since February i think.....or was it the first week march? It's only a few months old. :( :(

Yup, thats my social smoke one. I've only had it since February i think.....or was it the first week march? It's only a few months old. :( :(

Their pro series hookahs shouldn't have rust on them.  Contact Social Smoke.  They've replaced hookahs of mine in the past that have rusted prematurely.

Their pro series hookahs shouldn't have rust on them.  Contact Social Smoke.  They've replaced hookahs of mine in the past that have rusted prematurely.

Yea thats what I figured, they seem to be pretty good with that kind of stuff. 

As good as new! Unlike with my other hookah, I treated this one and waited 3 days before smoking it. After a very detailed inspection, I found that only the very bottom was affected a little. So I treated that area very well and it hasn't comeback yet. 

post-9346-0-44185300-1402516556_thumb.jp

9 days later and it's still as good as new. No sign of rust coming back at all. I'm one happy camper.