Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nima

Question about iphone apps

I know that in order to publish an iPhone app I need to have a mac. Do I need a mac everytime I want to publish an update to the app too? or only the first time

Yep.  You need a mac every single time.

DAMN YOU APPLE!!!

why don't you look on Craigslist for a used one, a couple years old? or, if your PC is powerful enough, you could always try running OS X in VMware. you could also try to make a hackintosh.

why don't you look on Craigslist for a used one, a couple years old? or, if your PC is powerful enough, you could always try running OS X in VMware. you could also try to make a hackintosh.

Would that work? My laptop is definitely powerful enough to run Mac on VMWare. Does that work for publishing the app?

Would that work? My laptop is definitely powerful enough to run Mac on VMWare. Does that work for publishing the app?

yup. it would work just fine.

That's great. I think I have a VM image with Mac OS already installed on it too. I just have to see which version of it is installed on it. Thanks guys

That's great. I think I have a VM image with Mac OS already installed on it too. I just have to see which version of it is installed on it. Thanks guys

You should be able to update it to a newer version like mavericks since it's free. I have an image of the last four major upgrades if you need one. I know that to upgrade to mountain lion the system had to have lion installed, but I think that restriction got removed with Maveeicks which is free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You should be able to update it to a newer version like mavericks since it's free. I have an image of the last four major upgrades if you need one. I know that to upgrade to mountain lion the system had to have lion installed, but I think that restriction got removed with Maveeicks which is free.

Which one is the latest one?

Which one is the latest one?

I do believe it is Mavericks

Sent from my XT1060 using Hookah.org mobile app

Yeah is mavericks.... I wonder why I'm no longer getting notifications on my phone when I get a response. I must have turned something off. Grrrr

Yeah is mavericks.... I wonder why I'm no longer getting notifications on my phone when I get a response. I must have turned something off. Grrrr

It isn't just you. It only sends me notifications randomly. I've kind of learned to just deal with it.

It isn't just you. It only sends me notifications randomly. I've kind of learned to just deal with it.

Really? I didn't know that. I've noticed that it doesn't send the bulk emails to everyone correctly either.

I might have to change the mail service from php to smtp

I think I am getting my emails properly. It's just the app that doesn't notify me for new posts. Except it did tell me about that post Nima<br />

<br />

Sent from my XT1060 using Hookah.org mobile app<br />

<br />

Really? I didn't know that. I've noticed that it doesn't send the bulk emails to everyone correctly either.

I think I am getting my emails properly. It's just the app that doesn't notify me for new posts. Except it did tell me about that post Nima<br />

<br />

Sent from my XT1060 using Hookah.org mobile app<br />

<br />

yeah the emails with blog posts I get them fine, not often, but I do get them. it's the actual notifications both on the phone itself from taptalk and the emails in my inbox when I get a response to a thread I'm following. I stopped getting those like two days ago or so.

A good example is I'm following this thread, but I haven't received any of the responses. This only started happening to me for both cases in the past 2 days or so.

don't use php email. it's kinda... unstable.

check out mandrill - free pro quality email delivery. it might be a really good SMTP option.

So I thought I had a VM image of OSX but I don't. 

Can I buy the operating system install files? (download them hopefully)

Can I buy Mountain Lion, install it on an image and then upgrade it to Maverick?

Yes you can, but you should just be able to install mavericks without having to install mountain lion first. The issue with leopard, snow leopard and lion was because of the conversion from 32 to 64 bit. With mavericks that chain wont be necessary any more. It will just assume your machine is 64 bit.

i cant find anywhere to buy Maverick directly. I see a bunch of upgrade links but no purchase

Ah yeah that's right. It's now only available only via the apple store. Do you know what version you have right now? I can send you the image file for mavericks via Dropbox, unless you can access the apple store. Mavericks is completely free.