Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheSirBubblez

Hey there everyone!

So i'm new, I actually stumbled across this site on accident but after reading the forums people here seem friendlier then uhm. Other places. lol.

I've been hookahing off and on for seven years now though more off then on (I remember when it was crazy if anyone spent more then $100 on a hookah and the StarGate hookahs where like, the bees knees..) So i'm actually in the market for two hookahs, a cheap travel/backpacking hookah (i'm looking at the petite for its size and lightness, backpacking/camping wise lightness is important) and a nicer "private use" hookah.

Anyways just thought i'd say hello! =D

Welcome to the forum! I hope you like it here.

I actually have a Stargate haha.

Sent from my XT1060 using Hookah.org mobile app

Welcome to the forum! I hope you like it here.

I actually have a Stargate haha.

Oh man, you'd be the jealousy of most American hookah smokers about 7 years ago.. lol. And it seems like i'll quite enjoy it here.

Welcome Sir!  I also used to have a Stargate myself :)

What's your budget for a hookah?  I would suggest a Mya (except their Econo line) for travel uses, and I've had good luck with KM's.  I use a KM Black Silver Shareef, and I love it.  But budget dictates a lot - if you want a $300 Regal or a $500 glass hookah, that might be a better choice than a KM :)

Welcome Sir!  I also used to have a Stargate myself :)

What's your budget for a hookah?  I would suggest a Mya (except their Econo line) for travel uses, and I've had good luck with KM's.  I use a KM Black Silver Shareef, and I love it.  But budget dictates a lot - if you want a $300 Regal or a $500 glass hookah, that might be a better choice than a KM :)

Thanks for the welcome! Some day i'll own a stargate just for old times sake haha.

My "living room hookah" Is going to be around $100, probably a KM but i'm open especially because My MYA Acrylic is on its last leg (i've owned it for 5 years though) The backpacking/camping hookah is pretty open budget wise but lightness and size are major factors there. Especially because my group and I do some serious long haul camping trips. (we ziplock the shisha for easier compression) and the pumpkin we currently use well.. it sucks.

I have a Mya Piccolo, and I love it.  I don't go camping, but I did take it on my honeymoon a few months ago.  It was compact enough to stay out of the way, but it's sturdy enough to handle a lot thrown at it.  And the clouds are pretty impressive.  It's one of the shorter Myas, which I chose on purpose for size.  I use it sometimes on my desk at home instead of my KM just for a change of pace.

If you're looking for something a little more budget-oriented for a home hookah, Nammors are pretty decent as well, but maybe not as nice as KMs.  You should also look at the Social Smoke Pro line.  Those are all really solid hookahs.

Oh some of those Nammor hookahs look really nice, I'm a big fan of simplicity in a hookah.

I was eye balling the Piccolo before looking at the petite. How much does it weigh compared to lets say, a QT?

Oh some of those Nammor hookahs look really nice, I'm a big fan of simplicity in a hookah.

I was eye balling the Piccolo before looking at the petite. How much does it weigh compared to lets say, a QT?

I've never held a QT, but the QT is Mya's most popular hookah. I personally think it looks like antique lamps, which led me away from it. The piccolo is pretty heavy. It's surprisingly heavy for the size. But that's a good thing. Its nothing you'll regret throwing in your backpack though.

Welcome to the forums =) I would agree, Mya is great for a small sturdy travel pipe. I had a Mya Petite for a long time and it served me well, if you take care of it they last a while. KM is great too though, but a little large for traveling easily.

I've never held a QT, but the QT is Mya's most popular hookah. I personally think it looks like antique lamps, which led me away from it. The piccolo is pretty heavy. It's surprisingly heavy for the size. But that's a good thing. Its nothing you'll regret throwing in your backpack though.

I'll see if I can find it locally and give it a look.. I'm not too big on the QT's aesthetics either lol.

Welcome to the forums =) I would agree, Mya is great for a small sturdy travel pipe. I had a Mya Petite for a long time and it served me well, if you take care of it they last a while. KM is great too though, but a little large for traveling easily.

What happened to the Petite? And yeah KM is way outside of my travel range (day or two long hikes and then setting up camp) but for "at home"

the brand is very high on my list of possibilities.

Hey, welcome to the forum. glad you think we're friendlier than other places :)

We some really awesome (and helpful) members here. 

That's what we strive for. I'm not sure if you know this or not but we have an app for Android. iPhones and windows phone can use Tapatalk( android users can do that as well). So you can have the forum in your pocket.

wooohoooooooo, fresh blood! :) .

Welcome to the forum and we hope that you are enjoying yourself on here. I too stumbled across this site when I got my first hookah this past February. I was looking to learn more, and I just hung around because people are sooooooo helpful here. I did try some other forums at the same time I had signed up for this one, but the others were.... not so helpful and very belittling to me. I remember the tongue lashing I got for re-opening an old post just because I had the same question. Here that doesn't happen, and we welcome the interaction even if the post is very old.

So have fun, and don't be afraid to asks any questions you might have.

Wazzup.

Hi, welcome to the forum. hope you enjoy our community and don't be afraid to ask any questions.