Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stevenyee

My impression on the 40 inch Metallic Black Hookah as a first time hookah owner

So a while back, I won a contest hosted here where I had to review a website, and the prize was a 40 inch monster of a hookah.  

The post, here-    

And the hookah here- http://www.smoking-h...glass-hose.html   

After waiting a few weeks, the hookah finally came in and to be honest, being a hookah novice at the time, felt pretty underwhelmed with the packaging.  But after assembling the hookah, my roommate and I soon found that the shear height and design of the hookah made it the center of attention of our dorm.  We did find that during assembly, the downstem did not go straight and had to sort of jam it into the housing since the internal hose grommet part interfered with the downstem's placement.  Fortunately, my roommate's friend told us that that would not be a problem.  As suggested by my local hookah lounge on what flavor of shisha to buy, I ended up buying a small tub of Al Fakher Cherry and some quick lights. After a few tries getting the hookah to work, we finally had it barely running.  Our first session ended with pretty weak smoke but by the end of the week, we were smoking like hookah pros.  

Everything with the hookah worked perfectly for the next few weeks, people would come by our dorm to smoke it and several people even made offers for it.  However, the hookah wasn't perfect. Sine the shaft is composed of three removable pieces, during the cleaning process, I found one of the shafts had been screwed on too tightly by one of my friends.  After a few minuets of twisting and trying, the shaft snapped.  So now I am currently contacting the manufacturer on the issue.  

So, after my experience with this hookah, here are the pros and cons that I've encountered with it:

Pros:
You will instantly become the coolest kid in your residence hall floor
2 coal trays
Awesome looking glass hose
Smokes well
Cool, non traditional design

Cons:
Glass hose is suspiciously phallic and the shaft looks like anal beads
The middle shaft snapped apart

Overall, the hookah is amazing but the fact that the shaft snapped in half so easily made me question the quality of the build.post-9358-0-58260400-1404246442_thumb.jp

post-9358-0-99151400-1404246461_thumb.jp

Thanks for coming back and sharing your thoughts on the hookah. Sorry to hear it broke on you =(

Honestly, thats the reason I don't like most Chinese made hookahs, they tend to be made with lower quality materials and they just don't last. The only exception is Mya, some of their pipes are actually pretty good.

Anyway, I hope they help you out and can get you some replacement parts or something.

That no fun man. Sorry to hear that. 

Have you checked eBay? Sometimes you can find the stems for a pretty decent price. How about Smoking-Hookah? Do they not have a replacement stem for it?

Let me know if you want me to contact them on my side too. I know the owner of Smoking-Hookah.com. He is a good guy and would help out (sell the stem separately) if he has it in his warehouse 

I contacted the website and left them a message a few days ago.  I got a call back a day later asking me for the order number and pictures of the hookah order.  The guy, Nick, said to email him the information so he could get back to me on the situation.  Since I didn't order the hookah myself (as I got it from the contest), I'm hoping there may be some sort of warranty on the hookah but if not, I guess i'll start shopping on ebay.  I will say though that the guys at Smoking-Hookah.com did have pretty good customer service though so that's a plus.

I contacted the website and left them a message a few days ago.  I got a call back a day later asking me for the order number and pictures of the hookah order.  The guy, Nick, said to email him the information so he could get back to me on the situation.  Since I didn't order the hookah myself (as I got it from the contest), I'm hoping there may be some sort of warranty on the hookah but if not, I guess i'll start shopping on ebay.  I will say though that the guys at Smoking-Hookah.com did have pretty good customer service though so that's a plus.

There is no warranty on the hookah (specially for incidents like this). What i was saying was that they might sell the stem separately themselves. Its not always easy to find the right stem for your hookah since they change depending on the particular shipments the suppliers get 

If it comes down to having to buy a new stem, I would just buy a different hookah all together. Why buy another one if you weren't satisfied with it, ya know?

That really sucks that it broke like that. A friend of mine did something similar to his but instead of it breaking, it got bent into almost a ninety degree angle.

If they do have a stem you could buy and it is cheap sure but otherwise I agree with Hooligan. You should probably just get a new hookah.

Sent from my XT1060 using Hookah.org mobile app

That sucks that it snapped like that. I LOVE the look of that hookah, and to be honest I would just get it even if it breaks so easily just because of the way it looks. At least you and your friends got to enjoy it a lot before it broke.

Good news! I finally contacted the supplier and they managed to hook me up with a spare shaft piece so in the end, everything worked out fine.  I'd also like to say that the service I received from smoking hookah was fantastic and would definitely recommend shopping from them!

Good news! I finally contacted the supplier and they managed to hook me up with a spare shaft piece so in the end, everything worked out fine.  I'd also like to say that the service I received from smoking hookah was fantastic and would definitely recommend shopping from them!

I'm so glad to hear that everything was worked out for the better. That's really a pretty hookah and they stand by the products they sell. Two thumbs up to smoking hoookah for such great customer service.