Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

remz247

Tangiers

Question

Hey has anyone noticed that when you smoke a Tangiers Bowl at a lounge the flavor is epic but then when you smoke it at home it's just bland.....Am I doing something wrong????  Please Help.  And btw the mix New Lime, Tropical Revenge, Peach, and 2% cane mint is epic.

6 answers to this question

Well in eric's words you need a quality bowl. Just because you have a Chinese funnel doesn't mean his product will automatically perform to it's potential. I suggest getting the small tangiers bowl or medium if you use a lotus.

Youtube has TONS of methods to acclimate and it's really just finding one that works for you and sticking with it. Tangiers is all about repetition, finding the perfect method and not changing it at all afterwords.

For example to get noir melon blend smoking I acclimated it until my room smelt like the three different melons present in the smoke, dense packed a Egyptian large funnel similar to what eric uses in the lounge only 10 grams smaller, and added 5 holes with a toothpick for the lotus "bumps" to sit in.

Oh, the coals you use are also a big part. At the lounge they use golden's. Small low heat charcoal similar to what fumari makes and uses at their place. Anything coco related eric will stay away from because of the size, heat output, and overall smoke with his product. Maybe pick up a small box of fumari's with your next flavor choice and try out.

Those are all the tangiers tips I know haha good luck and happy smoking!

You use foil when you use your lotus? I thought getting the lotus would get rid of the need for foil.

Yeah it does, I was unclear as to what I poke the holes in.

I just meant that I poke 5 small holes in the tobacco because the bowl is so big that I feel the third round of coals needs the added air flow to keep the flavor going. I got that tip from a mike hookah video and some other tangiers loading videos for the lotus.