Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DudeWhere'sMyHookah

Al Fakher Blueberry

Here is my first written review for all your viewing pleasure.

SO, it's Al Fakher. You all know the stuff by now. Chances are under your dresser a vacant colorful box is lying there in wait of a nostalgic spring cleaning day. Nonetheless I'm here to say their tradition of mislabeling the boxes for what the actual tobacco tastes like continues!!!

Now this is a review, not a slander piece of any kind. I personally love good ol' uncle AL. They have a large fan base that easily transcends three continents which makes it apparent that I'm not alone. Their peach is fantastic, but that is neither here nor there.

What is here, and is wafting about my house is Blueberry.

It's a very pleasant smell to be sitting in, the closest thing I could say that it smells like is a Sonic (fast food) Grape slushy with a hint of Blueberry candy. Not overpowering and not subtle by any means.

Nothing new from AL this time with the cut. I've had a few 50 gram boxes and now a 250 tub. I can say the cut still varies the same way with any other Al fakher flavor. With a box it'll be finer and with the tub you get a nice thick mass of medium to small leaves.

Now you would think after years of hearing it they would eliminate the dye in their product but they seem to be as stubborn as your first few smoke-resilient bowls of tangiers went.

Now to the taste. Whereas something like banana by Al Fakher you will get an entirely different taste than smell of latex gloves that first invades your nose upon opening the package, in Blueberry's case it is the same as the smell.

First off it's that Grape slushy taste. Ya know, like a Grape Gatorade type of artificial taste. It's oddly summer-y. Then BAM! Your clouds begin to take off and Blueberry candy takes over. I've never had blueberry candy but I can imagine that it would be very close to this. The taste is also similar to a Grape runt candy.

For a comparison to say fumari blueberry muffin, with this you'll be getting a candy texture and taste. It's not your standard molassel by any means.

8/10 I recommend it in your next al fakher buy. Alongside peach and mango all 33% mixed I see it being a great day in your neck of the woods.

Equipment: KM Kamanja, Starbuzz lightning hose v.1, Kaloud Lotus, alien bowl, 3 leo naras.

I'm not a huge fan of Al Fakher shisha but I will use it for making mixes. I have smoked this flavor before and I kind of agree with you about the taste. For me the taste wasn't very strong but it was easily identifiable.

Also you should check out some of the reviews over at the user blogs.

Sent from my XT1060 using Hookah.org mobile app

tried out the blueberry mint tonight and didn't get any hints of grape. the mint was also very subdued. to me, it tasted like I grabbed a handful of fresh blueberries with a slight earthy crispness. I rather enjoyed it, and I'm sad I only got a 50g :-/

In my opinion you will be hard-pressed to find a with mint flavor that is mixed the way it should be. Mimon by tangiers has been the exception for years.

I drank a grape Gatorade while I smoked it last night and it was the exact same taste for me and my girlfriend. Maybe tangiers will finally release a blueberry again after all this time.....

I've been curious about this flavor I'll probably get some in my next order to try out. I actually like AF but I agree some of their flavors can be hit or miss. haha *cough*like when grape tasted like ketchup*cough*

Ive moved the conversation to the "Shisha Reviews" category.