Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Doreen

Anybody can suggest some brands of herbal non-tobacco shisha/hookah?

Question

19 answers to this question

Hey Doreen, welcome to the forums!  I think HookahHooligan smokes a lot of shisha gels/fruits/stones/whatever and might be able to help.  Paging HookahHooligan...

Hey Doreen, welcome to the forums!  I think HookahHooligan smokes a lot of shisha gels/fruits/stones/whatever and might be able to help.  Paging HookahHooligan...

Thank you! Wow, there have so many brands. Did you try these brands of hookah? Can you recommend something or tell more about their characteristics?

I got your page! lol

I do smoke herbal and other non tobacco alternatives, but I must stress that I don't prefer them. I haven't found one yet that could really replace actual tobacco for me. I buy them because they are easier to get in Canada.

The Soex brand is trash, that for sure haha If you are looking for something similar that actually tastes good then go with Hydro Herbal, or the herbal line of Fantasia. Both of those have pretty good flavor. Some other alternatives are steam stones, which require a vortex or phunnel bowl because they are very juicy so it will leak into your stem. I suggest Shiazo for those, they are the best from what I've tried so far. And then there are the gels as well, but they are expensive and honestly aren't really too great so I would skip them if I were you unless you are really curious.

Oh yea, and then there is also those new(ish) shisha fruits from DeCloud, which were okay, but I've only had 2 flavors. I think Paul did a bunch of reviews on them though so maybe check out the Hookah.org channel for some more opinions on those.

I got your page! lol

I do smoke herbal and other non tobacco alternatives, but I must stress that I don't prefer them. I haven't found one yet that could really replace actual tobacco for me. I buy them because they are easier to get in Canada.

The Soex brand is trash, that for sure haha If you are looking for something similar that actually tastes good then go with Hydro Herbal, or the herbal line of Fantasia. Both of those have pretty good flavor. Some other alternatives are steam stones, which require a vortex or phunnel bowl because they are very juicy so it will leak into your stem. I suggest Shiazo for those, they are the best from what I've tried so far. And then there are the gels as well, but they are expensive and honestly aren't really too great so I would skip them if I were you unless you are really curious.

Oh yea, and then there is also those new(ish) shisha fruits from DeCloud, which were okay, but I've only had 2 flavors. I think Paul did a bunch of reviews on them though so maybe check out the Hookah.org channel for some more opinions on those.

Thank you for detailed recommendations! And  I've ever heard you say that several brands. I was found DeCloud HookahHooligan which made with natural fruit. That sounds good. Where can I read about Paul's reviews of it? 

Thank you for detailed recommendations! And  I've ever heard you say that several brands. I was found DeCloud HookahHooligan which made with natural fruit. That sounds good. Where can I read about Paul's reviews of it? 

There are videos on the hookah.org youtube channel and some of the written versions can be found here - http://www.hookah.org/category/reviews/decloud-shisha-fruits/

Shiazo is wonderful. Xhale is ok in my book. I've tried a few decloud and I like them a lot. no tobacco just fruits which can be kinda hard to work with but a chef's knife and a little time you can chop it just like a shisha cut. As the others mentioned a funnel or vortex would be the best or you won't be using the product to it's fullest.

However for my results on decloud I used a kaloud lotus and a xhale steam stone bowl. I don't know how foil works with them but for shiazo and xhale it worked just fine.

Shiazo is wonderful. Xhale is ok in my book. I've tried a few decloud and I like them a lot. no tobacco just fruits which can be kinda hard to work with but a chef's knife and a little time you can chop it just like a shisha cut. As the others mentioned a funnel or vortex would be the best or you won't be using the product to it's fullest.

However for my results on decloud I used a kaloud lotus and a xhale steam stone bowl. I don't know how foil works with them but for shiazo and xhale it worked just fine.

Very good points here. The other thing I'd like to add about the shisha fruits is that I packed them to the same level as I pack shisha, and they boiled over and made a huge mess, I don't know if it was just the flavor I had or what, but its something to consider. Maybe pack it a little lower than normal.

That happened to me too my first bowl. I was smoking mint and it bubbled out of the sides and got super harsh instantly. I agree decloud should be packed quite a bit lower than regular ol' tobacco.

Raspberry and Mint mixed was really good. Like herbal mint tea and raspberry preserves. I heard good things about banana and lemon too.

That happened to me too my first bowl. I was smoking mint and it bubbled out of the sides and got super harsh instantly. I agree decloud should be packed quite a bit lower than regular ol' tobacco.

Raspberry and Mint mixed was really good. Like herbal mint tea and raspberry preserves. I heard good things about banana and lemon too.

Thats the exact mix I had, raspberry and mint. The mint is definitely very plant tasting, but thats not surprising since its made with actual mint leaves. I agree it was like a mint tea with a hint of raspberry.

My fav is Shiazo Steam Stones Eucalyptus Mint...  Jere is an unboxing video I posted of it, and I do a Bonus review on the flavor at the end...

My fav is Shiazo Steam Stones Eucalyptus Mint...  Jere is an unboxing video I posted of it, and I do a Bonus review on the flavor at the end...

Ive had the lavender sage flavor of those organic shiazo stones, so good! They are super refreshing for sure.

Ive had the lavender sage flavor of those organic shiazo stones, so good! They are super refreshing for sure.

I haven't ordered any in a while, it might be time!

As I was watching this all I kept thinking was where can I get a hat like that?! I want one. LOL 

As I was watching this all I kept thinking was where can I get a hat like that?! I want one. LOL 

I've seen that hat in Lidz before, you should be able to find them there if they still have them. Pretty much any medium to large sized mall will have one of those stores haha

LOL thanks!, This one was given to me as a gift so I'm not sure where my friend purchased it from. 

I've seen that hat in Lidz before, you should be able to find them there if they still have them. Pretty much any medium to large sized mall will have one of those stores haha

As much as I hate the mall, I think I'm going to visit one this weekend. The beautiful thing about living in NJ is that you have a mall every 5 miles. LOL 

As much as I hate the mall, I think I'm going to visit one this weekend. The beautiful thing about living in NJ is that you have a mall every 5 miles. LOL 

I don't know if thats what most people consider to be beautiful haha

I don't know if thats what most people consider to be beautiful haha

LOL you are right, I don't even consider that to be a "Beautiful Thing". I guess I meant to say "The convenient Thing is..."

Not even sure I'm going anyway unless my gf needs to get something as well. I avoid malls at all costs.