Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HookahNuckuh

Get ready for THE STRONGEST MINT out there, FML Mint by PURE Tobacco

It's unreleased currently but it's hitting the shelves soon!  This to me is BY FAR the strongest Mint on the market!  I was able to review a sample before the release.  I compared it to Fresh Mint, another more mild mint in the Pure Tobacco line.

I'm going to include the review, and video after the review here...  Hope you enjoy and let me know if this is something you would be interested in!

HN-

Who's the company behind PURE Tobacco? What's their tobacco generally like?

Also moved this to the Shisha Review category..

Who's the company behind PURE Tobacco? What's their tobacco generally like?

Also moved this to the Shisha Review category..

Their company name is Pure Tobacco.  5StarHookah.com carries their product.  I believe it's unwashed tobacco, medium cut.  Pretty juicy pack as well... 

I don't feel like pure has built a solid enough brand and have only focused on a few flavors to really get right instead of their whole line. It's always the same 3 flavors that alex from 5star is smoking along with the majority of youtube. 3 flavors (Mint, morangie, and orange) can't make an entire line of modern tobamel haha

I've had extreme cane mint and that was perfect for me, but I'm fine with a strong mint flavor and menthol cooling. I feel like this flavor is only here to battle the availability of extreme cane mint and cane mint itself.

I don't feel like pure has built a solid enough brand and have only focused on a few flavors to really get right instead of their whole line. It's always the same 3 flavors that alex from 5star is smoking along with the majority of youtube. 3 flavors (Mint, morangie, and orange) can't make an entire line of modern tobamel haha

I've had extreme cane mint and that was perfect for me, but I'm fine with a strong mint flavor and menthol cooling. I feel like this flavor is only here to battle the availability of extreme cane mint and cane mint itself.

I hear ya, and remember, everyone has to start somewhere....  The thing I love about Pure is that the CEO himself is out there getting real customer feedback trying to meet our wants and needs...  No other company have I seen be more involved like this personally.  I will admit that Fresh Mint and Morangie have been my fav 2.  I've also smoked Mojito, Firefly & Pineapple...  Those weren't as awesome as Morangie and FM, but to make a whole slew of flavors and hit only on a few is worth it to me...  I have melon Blue and Perfect Peach to smoke next.  I think those will be really good.

I think my biggest gripes with even wanting to try Pure is:

1. The name.  Pure Tobacco?  Sounds like they couldn't come up with anything catchier.  To me, it sounds like an herbal tobacco.  I know that's not the case, but the name implies that.

2. The packaging.  I swear, it looks like a rip-off of Social Smoke with a bad graphic designer.  I know most of the hookah world doesn't get into the aesthetics of marketing a product, which is really a shame.  It looks like a poor man's rip off of Social Smoke, which makes me believe the brand won't be around long enough to get exposure.  Haze did a great job with unique packaging and unique flavor names, as well as having a street team out there selling to stores; I haven't even heard of Pure until this review.

I'll probably still try it if it ever comes to hookah-shisha, but until then, I'm more than likely not interested.

Eric of tangiers used to be really into the forums and asking about his products. He is still is completely about the customer at his lounge but has died down a bit on real company to customer relations. I've taken pure out of my cart so many times, I can't bring myself to spend that much on just 100 grams when I can get 250s from other brands that hit almost all of their flavors. It's cool that they are trying though. FML will probably be a big hit if they can stock it more so than tangiers

I think my biggest gripes with even wanting to try Pure is:

1. The name.  Pure Tobacco?  Sounds like they couldn't come up with anything catchier.  To me, it sounds like an herbal tobacco.  I know that's not the case, but the name implies that.

2. The packaging.  I swear, it looks like a rip-off of Social Smoke with a bad graphic designer.  I know most of the hookah world doesn't get into the aesthetics of marketing a product, which is really a shame.  It looks like a poor man's rip off of Social Smoke, which makes me believe the brand won't be around long enough to get exposure.  Haze did a great job with unique packaging and unique flavor names, as well as having a street team out there selling to stores; I haven't even heard of Pure until this review.

I'll probably still try it if it ever comes to hookah-shisha, but until then, I'm more than likely not interested.

They've survived for a while now and are catching a lot of peoples attention since the guy from 5 star promotes them so much, as well as all of their reviewers. I would definitely give it a try if hookah-shisha carried it, but I won't be placing a separate order at 5 star for it. I will ask Katie, the lady who deals with my sponsorship, if she knows if they'll be getting it any time soon.

As for the packaging/branding, I think the name is cool but maybe thats just me haha I feel like they went for something simple when everyone else goes for some cheesy flashy name that doesn't really mean anything. But I do agree, their cans could use some work, they don't feel like Social Smoke rips to me, because social smoke uses plastic twist off containers and not metal tins. Honestly, when it comes to label design I think both of them need help haha

Honestly, when it comes to label design I think both of them need help haha

Totally agree.  It's ridiculous how little effort is put into design of this stuff.  That's why Starbuzz and Haze are so popular - bright, colorful packaging in a quality container.  Someone that doesn't know much is going to make their decision on what looks like it's the best quality.  Starbuzz and Haze both put so much into the design of their cans that it looks professional, whereas AF or Nakhla suffers a lot of times because it looks like it's bargain tobacco.

Totally agree.  It's ridiculous how little effort is put into design of this stuff.  That's why Starbuzz and Haze are so popular - bright, colorful packaging in a quality container.  Someone that doesn't know much is going to make their decision on what looks like it's the best quality.  Starbuzz and Haze both put so much into the design of their cans that it looks professional, whereas AF or Nakhla suffers a lot of times because it looks like it's bargain tobacco.

Very true. I think thats part of the reason AF totally changed their packaging for that new line I posted about too.

Check it out, head over to 5star and order some Pure fresh mint, I'm almost positive you will enjoy it if you miss the old AF mint. I'll even get u 15% off your order by you typing in JNUC as a discount code. So now you're getting it at a deal price and embarking on a great brand and flavor. What's the worst that could happen? Also 5star is a great site, I've used HS and 5star both and have had no problems with either site. 5star actually ships better IMO. But check it out and let me know what u think, I'm issuing a challenge lol. Besides that's the fun part about hookah, experiencing new things. New site new brand. Tell me what flavors u like some can suggest some Pure flavors I think you'd enjoy. Hope to hear back from ya.

All love here. No hate.

that's also why reviewers are here to educate brother...  Can't have people missing out due to a can design right?  I mean who cares what the can looks like at the end of the day?  I wouldn't associate my name with something I didn't fully stand by.  Just give it a try and see what happens.  As goes for 5star.  Why limit yourself to 1 site and a limited selection of brands?  I've had a dope looking Starbuzz can with a terrible flavor inside...  Just be open is what I'm trying to say.  Hope you get to try out some stuff man.

All Love, no hate....

so with that being said, you gotta try FML when it drops on 10/31 right?  It's the cane mint killer in my opinion... 

that's also why reviewers are here to educate brother...  Can't have people missing out due to a can design right?  I mean who cares what the can looks like at the end of the day?  I wouldn't associate my name with something I didn't fully stand by.  Just give it a try and see what happens.  As goes for 5star.  Why limit yourself to 1 site and a limited selection of brands?  I've had a dope looking Starbuzz can with a terrible flavor inside...  Just be open is what I'm trying to say.  Hope you get to try out some stuff man.

All Love, no hate....

I think the idea of people watching all videos by one particular reviewer is off.  I don't subscribe to people that only review shisha tobacco on YouTube.  I Google a flavor I'm interested in and find good reviews.  I honestly don't care if it's you or some stoner in Nebraska that thinks hookah is a magical experience into the ether.  As long as they are acting somewhat professional, and the quality isn't 240p, I'll watch it.  But I'm probably not going to watch a flavor review on Fumari Citrus something or another because I don't like citrus, even if I were to follow that person.

I care what the packaging looks like.  And here's why - I have to look at it.  If none of us cared what things looked like, we would all have broken, rusted hookahs, be eating milky gray colored chicken, and have unfortunate-looking significant others.  It matters a little less to me if the packaging is beautiful if I like the tobacco, but I have to actually try the tobacco to get past that.  If people didn't care what their packages looked like (either for tobacco or anything on a store shelf), big corporations wouldn't spend millions of dollars on marketing.  If your box of Oreos was in a white plastic bag with "Oreos 24.6oz" printed on the front in small, black, System font, I guarantee you that people would switch over to anything else.

I agree that looks can be deceiving, but regardless, you did purchase that package of Starbuzz tobacco after all, even if it did taste bad.

And finally, I don't limit myself to just hookah-shisha.  I just bought a base from thehookah.com.  I often purchase from socialsmoke.com.  But why would I pick a different retailer just because it's a different retailer, especially when there aren't really any products I want from there, and the selection is a little meager in comparison?  Plus, 5 Star's website is very difficult to navigate, and even worse on mobile.  I get frustrated even trying to use their site.

I think the idea of people watching all videos by one particular reviewer is off. I don't subscribe to people that only review shisha tobacco on YouTube. I Google a flavor I'm interested in and find good reviews. I honestly don't care if it's you or some stoner in Nebraska that thinks hookah is a magical experience into the ether. As long as they are acting somewhat professional, and the quality isn't 240p, I'll watch it. But I'm probably not going to watch a flavor review on Fumari Citrus something or another because I don't like citrus, even if I were to follow that person.

I care what the packaging looks like. And here's why - I have to look at it. If none of us cared what things looked like, we would all have broken, rusted hookahs, be eating milky gray colored chicken, and have unfortunate-looking significant others. It matters a little less to me if the packaging is beautiful if I like the tobacco, but I have to actually try the tobacco to get past that. If people didn't care what their packages looked like (either for tobacco or anything on a store shelf), big corporations wouldn't spend millions of dollars on marketing. If your box of Oreos was in a white plastic bag with "Oreos 24.6oz" printed on the front in small, black, System font, I guarantee you that people would switch over to anything else.

I agree that looks can be deceiving, but regardless, you did purchase that package of Starbuzz tobacco after all, even if it did taste bad.

And finally, I don't limit myself to just hookah-shisha. I just bought a base from thehookah.com. I often purchase from socialsmoke.com. But why would I pick a different retailer just because it's a different retailer, especially when there aren't really any products I want from there, and the selection is a little meager in comparison? Plus, 5 Star's website is very difficult to navigate, and even worse on mobile. I get frustrated even trying to use their site.

I can understand your points and where you're coming from. I was trying my best to address some of the issues expressed as a whole, not just your post.

So the packaging for example. Yes it may not catch the eye of some folks, BUT that's why there are reviewers to help those people get passed that. I would hate for someone to miss out on a potentially great product due to packaging not meeting expectation. To me personally the Pure can is simple and clean, a "Pure" look so to speak, so it works for me.

By no means was I suggesting for you to start watching tons of reviewers on YT, I was just saying that's why we're here, to inform people. We're here to help man.

I preach this cause I had never gave Pure a chance till I watched a review. I decided to try it and now it's my fav brand. It may not be your cup of tea and that's okay, I just rather you try it and not like it versus to not try it and never know, especially if it's due to the packaging.

You kind of ripped the brand without even trying it, or that's the impression I got from your post (or maybe someone else) so I decided to try and rebuttal in hopes to change the perception of the product.

I am not paid by Pure nor a Pure fan boy, so at the end of the day, I want you to smoke what you want. It just kind of bothers me when someone rips a product without trying it. Like no one on here can rip FML cause it's not out. How do you know it's not better than cane mint? I've had both, and formed my opinion. That's all. I do however appreciate your time and feedback, I enjoy the discussion and hope more like this pop up on this site.

All love, no hate.....

All I was trying to make a point of, originally, was the simple aspect of first impressions.  I did, in fact, "rip" the brand before I tried it.  First impressions are everything.  With any hookah tobacco, unless someone just loads it up, doesn't tell you what it is, and passes you the hose, your first impression is the name and the packaging.  I didn't try Chronic coals for a long time because the name alone sounds like they are for a market of people that smoke more "herbal" blends.  That, and HJ seemed like a giant douche (but, let's be honest, he totally is).  But, I tried them and liked them.  I won't have a box sitting around my apartment that says "chronic," lest I give my mother in law a heart attack (she thought my hookah was a bong the first time she saw it and freaked out), so they get repackaged in an old case I had for a Stargate hookah.

I can't say I won't like Pure, because, honestly, if and when I ever do try it, I'm sure it will be pretty decent, great, even.  But I like my Nak and Tangiers, and I don't feel the need to go exploring every single new thing on the market.  Personally, I like unwashed tobaccos, and Pure is a washed tobacco.  All my washed tobaccos sit in the back of my drawer very lonely.  I just don't enjoy them as much.  The flavor of AF Mint or Starbuzz Blue Mist (just to name a couple) will always have a special place in my heart, but I won't actively go to them for my normal sessions.