Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dd0723

Heading out to Myrtle Beach in two hours

so I'm all packed... well, my hookah and accessories are packed, I still have to finish packing my bags. Myrtle Beach here I come!.

I'm taking 3 Social Smoke flavors with me, Dulce de Leche, Mobster and The Edge. I don't think I'll get to smoke every night specially after Friday when her aunt comes into town, but better be safe than sorry.

post-9346-0-70553700-1410029301_thumb.jp

post-9346-0-94857700-1410029310_thumb.jp

post-9346-0-25264500-1410029319_thumb.jp

So we are in virginia right now and I love that the 7-11 here sells wine and beer.

788bba2ea6ea59ce4e2d4ded53926b6a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nc is weird on their alcohol laws. sc is the same way.

also be careful with that social smoke bag. that bag's strap snapped on me, causing my recent vase breakage.

haha, nice.

711s dont sell wine/beer in NC?

Not sure if they do or not. We are in Fredericksburg, VA right now. That's usually where we stop for the night. Jersey definitely doesn't have that.

We just had an awful breakfast and are getting ready to drive the rest of the way.

nc is weird on their alcohol laws. sc is the same way.

also be careful with that social smoke bag. that bag's strap snapped on me, causing my recent vase breakage.

Thanks for the tip. I double bubble wrapped the base just in case but I did notice the strap is a bit... Flimsy or too thin. So I'm just grabbing it from the top when I carry it.

So after a nice dinner with the girlfriend's family we are in our villa and I'm debating calling it a night, jumping in the hottub or setting up the hookah. We are tired lol.

We did stop at J&R on our way here and their smoking section now has hookahs, accessories and TONS of vaping stuff. Unfortunately their hookah section is not as big as the vaping section but is growing. They only have jewels brand quick lights. As for tobacco they only have voodoo, jewels and kasbah. I don't know any of those brands so i picked up some voodoo strawberry. If i like it I'll pick up a bunch on our way back.

So far though that voodoo sinful strawberry shisha smell perfectly of strawberries and is super juicy. I'll upload a picture of it on here so you can see it. I can't wait to try it.

I also picked up a 1lbs bag of regular, unflavored tobacco for $7 which I'm going to use to experiment on making my own shisha when I get home. Can't go wrong for $7.

A member of the Facebook page told me of a wine tasting place called coastal wine boutique that also offers hookahs in their lounges. I might try them out specially since they are not far from where we are staying.

So that's about it for now, I'll keep you guys posted of any lounges or shops that I visit that might be of use to our members.

P.S. I'm sorry for the quality of the pictures, but I'm sitting out on the balcony with my iPad and wireless keyboard and I don't want to move to a section with better lighting. I'll take better pictures tomorrow when I'm trying out the Voodoo Shisha.

post-9346-0-52483500-1410139349_thumb.jp

post-9346-0-86209000-1410139366_thumb.jp

post-9346-0-75608400-1410141129_thumb.jp

post-9346-0-93192200-1410141145_thumb.jp

So after a nice dinner with the girlfriend's family we are in our villa and I'm debating calling it a night, jumping in the hottub or setting up the hookah. We are tired lol.

We did stop at J&R on our way here and their smoking section now has hookahs, accessories and TONS of vaping stuff. Unfortunately their hookah section is not as big as the vaping section but is growing. They only have jewels brand quick lights. As for tobacco they only have voodoo, jewels and kasbah. I don't know any of those brands so i picked up some voodoo strawberry. If i like it I'll pick up a bunch on our way back.

So far though that voodoo sinful strawberry shisha smell perfectly of strawberries and is super juicy. I'll upload a picture of it on here so you can see it. I can't wait to try it.

I also picked up a 1lbs bag of regular, unflavored tobacco for $7 which I'm going to use to experiment on making my own shisha when I get home. Can't go wrong for $7.

A member of the Facebook page told me of a wine tasting place called coastal wine boutique that also offers hookahs in their lounges. I might try them out specially since they are not far from where we are staying.

So that's about it for now, I'll keep you guys posted of any lounges or shops that I visit that might be of use to our members.

P.S. I'm sorry for the quality of the pictures, but I'm sitting out on the balcony with my iPad and wireless keyboard and I don't want to move to a section with better lighting. I'll take better pictures tomorrow when I'm trying out the Voodoo Shisha.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

haha, jewel went out of business I thought? they used to send out free 50g sample packs but never saw it sold anywhere.

also, JR is amazing - it's like the flea market from hell.

I've had VooDoo steam stones but not their shisha, the strawberry steam stones are awful, they taste like burnt nothing even though they smell really sweet. Hopefully the tobacco is better for you.

haha, jewel went out of business I thought? they used to send out free 50g sample packs but never saw it sold anywhere.

also, JR is amazing - it's like the flea market from hell.

I think they are not going out of business and they just didn't sell well since J&R is a discount store and all, I can only imagine that they picked that brand because they can sell it cheap. I just don't see them picking a brand that is out of business to then have to re-image their store with a different brand. You can even order it online too which I might do when I get back home now that I know they have cheap hookah tobacco.

I think Jewels signed up with J&R for more exposure on their brand. I'll be glad for them if it all works because the prices are right.

I've had VooDoo steam stones but not their shisha, the strawberry steam stones are awful, they taste like burnt nothing even though they smell really sweet. Hopefully the tobacco is better for you.

I hope so as well. The smell of the shisha reminds me of a very strong Naklah and the cut is like Othmani, very fine. I've never had fumari but I can only imagine it looks as juicy as this pack of voodoo does.

I think they are not going out of business and they just didn't sell well since J&R is a discount store and all, I can only imagine that they picked that brand because they can sell it cheap. I just don't see them picking a brand that is out of business to then have to re-image their store with a different brand. You can even order it online too which I might do when I get back home now that I know they have cheap hookah tobacco.

I think Jewels signed up with J&R for more exposure on their brand. I'll be glad for them if it all works because the prices are right.

I actually enjoyed Jewels so I'm glad its not going out of business.  I might have to stop by on my next trip down to the Carolinas and pick some up.  Then again, it's been years since I've had it so I dunno if I have the same taste for it as I used to.

I actually enjoyed Jewels so I'm glad its not going out of business. I might have to stop by on my next trip down to the Carolinas and pick some up. Then again, it's been years since I've had it so I dunno if I have the same taste for it as I used to.

I hope they didn't change the recipe because I'm picking up a couple of tins of that on my way back.

Doug was absolutely right about smoke shops down here not having a big selection in hookah tobacco, however, they are trying.

Myrtle beach is ripe for the picking as far as hookah stuff is concerned, but they are catching on. I Went into a local smoke shop tonight that didn't have anything hookah related two years ago and I was able to pick up some shisha. They also had quite a few hookahs on display for sale. They also now have a section for anything vaping related. I'm glad to see that other places are growing and embracing the smoking community especially when it's only a cigar shop.

Just like J&R, this shop had a small selection, very small but it was still larger than J&R's. They definitely had a few hookahs on display but they were mostly small no-names, pretty nonetheless.

At the time of my visit he only had a few Al Fakher flavors and a few Nile brand flavors. Now I don't know this brand but I ended picking up two flavors; tropicana and peach. I also picked up a box of Al Fakher vanilla which I wanted to try for a long time but is not available in my local shop.

Another thing I should mention is that what I've seen so far are just the 50g box. I guess they are testing the waters with smaller portions to see how they do with them. But remember, these are strictly cigar shops that are expanding their inventory to accommodate all smokers. For some reason their vaping section seems larger than the hookah section.

In all honesty I figured that because they are also a college town that they would have a much larger selection by now, but myrtle beach is mostly a tourist town.

I'm here until next Tuesday so I will try to visit some more shops while I'm here to see if they carry hookah stuff.

b0fcf7b6617e98d5e6207b5aad1112ba.jpg

I think, because MB is such a tourist destination, most tobacco shop owners in MB think:

A. Hookah is for weed.  We sell cigars in our store that has bars on the windows.  That makes us classy.  MB is classy.  That makes everything right.  Weed isn't classy.  We don't sell that.  Get lost.

B. Hookah is for weed.  We sell bongs in our store, but I guess not everyone wants to get high off a bong ALL the time.  MB is full of tourists and college kids that want to get stoned, so here's some cheap options, and a meager tobacco selection so we look like we're not selling illegal products.

C. We sell every cigarette on the market.  I don't care if you smoke weed, cigars, pipe tobacco, or a damn kazoo - we sell cigarettes.  If you want anything besides a cigarette, get bent.

C. Tourists don't want to buy a $200 hand-made hookah and a kilo of tobacco for a weekend trip.  Let's sell some small hookahs if they don't have their own, and small packages of tobacco.  No one's gonna want a 250g container for a few uses.

I think, because MB is such a tourist destination, most tobacco shop owners in MB think:

A. Hookah is for weed.  We sell cigars in our store that has bars on the windows.  That makes us classy.  MB is classy.  That makes everything right.  Weed isn't classy.  We don't sell that.  Get lost.

B. Hookah is for weed.  We sell bongs in our store, but I guess not everyone wants to get high off a bong ALL the time.  MB is full of tourists and college kids that want to get stoned, so here's some cheap options, and a meager tobacco selection so we look like we're not selling illegal products.

C. We sell every cigarette on the market.  I don't care if you smoke weed, cigars, pipe tobacco, or a damn kazoo - we sell cigarettes.  If you want anything besides a cigarette, get bent.

C. Tourists don't want to buy a $200 hand-made hookah and a kilo of tobacco for a weekend trip.  Let's sell some small hookahs if they don't have their own, and small packages of tobacco.  No one's gonna want a 250g container for a few uses.

All very likely reasons. The first one made me laugh because its so different here, I've been living in Vancouver for almost 3 years now, and I've almost forgotten that weed is even frowned upon in others places. Its used so freely here. I mean, yea, you're supposed to have a medical card but that doesn't stop people. And the cops rarely care, I had a friend who was smoking on the sidewalk outside with some of his buddies and a cop rolled past and slowed down and yelled "HEY! You guys be careful with that stuff!" haha  But because of that, all "hookah" shops here are actually head shops with a few shitty chinese hookahs in the back and thats it.

Anyway, AF vanilla is pretty good, it tastes like cake frosting. Its good for adding sweetness to other flavors that might need some as well. I can't smoke it on its own because its too sweet for me, so you'll probably love it haha

hahahaha well said, and as always you are right. The places that did have some sort of smoking devices were only pipes for weed and nothing else.

I can see how that mentality fits right into the image of MB. It's either cigars, or cigarettes or get lost. I still like the fact that they are making some sort of effort towards the hookah community though because the same shop cigar shop I went to 2 years ago didn't have anything vape or hookah related at all. Now they at least have a little something.

putting the finishing touches on my written review of Voodoo Sinful Strawberry. I didn't make a video, but I will pick some more up on my way out and make a video review for it. :)

All very likely reasons. The first one made me laugh because its so different here, I've been living in Vancouver for almost 3 years now, and I've almost forgotten that weed is even frowned upon in others places. Its used so freely here. I mean, yea, you're supposed to have a medical card but that doesn't stop people. And the cops rarely care, I had a friend who was smoking on the sidewalk outside with some of his buddies and a cop rolled past and slowed down and yelled "HEY! You guys be careful with that stuff!" haha But because of that, all "hookah" shops here are actually head shops with a few shitty chinese hookahs in the back and thats it.

Anyway, AF vanilla is pretty good, it tastes like cake frosting. Its good for adding sweetness to other flavors that might need some as well. I can't smoke it on its own because its too sweet for me, so you'll probably love it haha

You are right! I will probably love the hell out of it. If it is as sweet as you say it is, then I can only imagine how good it will make my other not-so-sweet shisha. I can't wait to try it now.

I didn't smoke anything last night because I needed to go to bed early, but I'm planning on trying it tonight.

I'm safe and sound and in my own bed. We drove straight through because we wanted to get rid of her nephew who was hitching a ride back with us.

I did stop at J&R again and picked up another 2 bags of tobacco to make my own shisha.

I did pick up more sinful strawberry but they only had the 50g tins and nothing bigger, so I grabbed a few of those.

I decided to get a tin of jewels margarita because it was only $6.95 for 250g but margarita was the only flavor they had in that size. Great price but what if I didn't like it? It would be a shame to throw that much shisha away.

I was going to get some 50g boxes of jewels banana but that's the flavor I'm going to attempt to create on my own.

All in all I only spent $30.01 and got a boat load of new stuff. Can't wait to get started on making my own shisha. I got some mild tobacco and some regular flavor which I will probably wash anyway.

Been home for about an hour but I'm tired and I realized that I used all my natural coals in MB and all I have left is quick lights which I hate. So I'm just going to go to bed and tomorrow I'll stop by my local shop for some more coal.

With that I'll bid you all good night.

2dec5263945764decde5785be405a99f.jpg

I figured I would revive this thread instead of posting everything about my trip on the smoking thread....crap! I forgot that I can't post pics from the mobile app.

Well just wanted to mention that I'm at J&R store right now. ;)

I figured I would revive this thread instead of posting everything about my trip on the smoking thread....crap! I forgot that I can't post pics from the mobile app.

Well just wanted to mention that I'm at J&R store right now. ;)

I promise Ive submitted tickets with Taptalk about that. 

I promise Ive submitted tickets with Taptalk about that. 

No worries I believe you. I have to send you a message about Greg from the king brand. He's interested in advertising with hookah.org and I told him you would send him an email at [email protected]

Wanted to smoke a bowl tonight but too damn tired. I did pick up some jewels double Apple and some voodoo garden of Eden which smells like pure anise and I love that. Can't wait to try them.

Sad to say that the J&R selection of hookah products has not grown as much as their vaping section has which is now larger than the cigarette section.

They still carry only the voodoo brand hookahs and only one model. However it looks nice and sturdy for only $44.

Shisha selection is still only voodoo and jewels but I love both of those brands so we are good there.

I picked up some quick lights because I didn't bring my natural coals or my burner so I'm hoping the jewels brand of quick lights are half way decent.

I'll keep everybody posted on the new flavors