Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nima

Halloween Hookah Contest (Oct 2014)

Hello everyone, for the month of October we will be running a Halloween inspired contest. There will be three rewards, which means three winners! To enter you simply have to decorate your hookah and snap a picture of it, with you in the picture, and upload it to this thread. If you don't want to be in the picture yourself, make a sign with your hookah.org user name on it and have it displayed in the picture 

The contest will end on October 31st. 

Decorations can be anything of your choice, so long as it is inspired by the spirit of Halloween. 
  • First place will win a beautiful 32" Rotating hookah from Smoking-Hookah.com.
  • Second place gets an interesting Flip Hookah Bowl from HookahHub.com.
  • Third place will receive a cool Mystique Hookah Ice Tip from HookahSet.com.

post-1-0-91385600-1412434799_thumb.gifpost-1-0-29745700-1412434800_thumb.jpgpost-1-0-72055200-1412434800_thumb.jpg

Here is a fun video from our channel on how to make a pumpkin hookah. You don't have to make a pumpkin hookah for the contest. Simply decorating your hookah will be enough. 

Woohoo! I'm going to think of something cool and enter for sure, I don't really need the prizes, I just want an excuse to decorate my hookah haha.

I'm not going to enter, this was my least favorite option out of the 3 I gave for ideas. I have been having way more fun mixing candy flavors and making fall mixes to even think about making a hookah costume, I hate taking pictures anyway lol.

Plus I personally don't care for the sites supplying the prizes, just my opinion.

I'm not going to enter, this was my least favorite option out of the 3 I gave for ideas. I have been having way more fun mixing candy flavors and making fall mixes to even think about making a hookah costume, I hate taking pictures anyway lol.

Plus I personally don't care for the sites supplying the prizes, just my opinion.

We can definitely do the flavor mix contest next month. I'm done with most of the new features in the website so I have more time to arrange contests and giveaways

I really liked the flavor mix idea too, so it would be awesome to do that next month. I like this idea though Im excited to see how creative people get.

I was going to do this, but I really don't care for any of those prizes, nor for having a picture with myself in it. I'll probably pass on this one.

a good solution if someone doesn't want to be pictured (of course, depending on what Nima says) would be to make a sign with your hookah.org user name on it and have it displayed in the picture. that would validate that it's yours.

I was going to do this, but I really don't care for any of those prizes, nor for having a picture with myself in it. I'll probably pass on this one.

a good solution if someone doesn't want to be pictured (of course, depending on what Nima says) would be to make a sign with your hookah.org user name on it and have it displayed in the picture. that would validate that it's yours.

That is a good idea, and definitely solves that issue. Also, even if you aren't interested in the prizes, it would still be awesome if you threw in an entry even without you in the photo, just to show some support for hookah.org and get the contest rolling. Its all for the fun, after all.

Great idea. Added that to the contest. Thanks

I really don't care for any of those prizes,

Honestly I chose all of those prizes myself (looks like i didn't pick the best prizes ). The stores sponsoring the giveaway would have agreed to almost anything I would have told them (within similar price ranges). So maybe for future we'll start a thread to ask what you guys want to see as a prize. Then I'll work on making it happen. 

Honestly I chose all of those prizes myself (looks like i didn't pick the best prizes ). The stores sponsoring the giveaway would have agreed to almost anything I would have told them (within similar price ranges). So maybe for future we'll start a thread to ask what you guys want to see as a prize. Then I'll work on making it happen.

that's cool - I like that idea. they're neat prizes but just not what I'm personally into.

AWESOME!!!!!!!!

I like the idea of decorating my hookah, and you get to win prizes. I'm going out tomorrow to pick up a few things to see what I can do to my hookah. :) 

So we are at the store picking up stuff to decorate the hookah and I realized how should we dress it up? Does the hookah need to be functional after the decoration? Do we have to be smoking it in the picture? My girl is giving me some great ideas on how to decorate both of them. This is going to be fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I I think I'm going to do mine tonight too if we finish cooking early enough. I was going to wait until we got our pumpkins and have them in the photo as well but I dont want to wait another week haha

I was hoping we would have some entries by now. Wheres everyone at? 

I I think I'm going to do mine tonight too if we finish cooking early enough. I was going to wait until we got our pumpkins and have them in the photo as well but I dont want to wait another week haha

I was hoping we would have some entries by now. Wheres everyone at?

I think everybody is waiting for the right time a little later on. We are going pumpkin picking on Tuesday so I figured I would at least start decorating one of the hookahs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I was waiting until I was able to go shopping. I told a few of my friends though so hopefully they sign up

I picked up a bunch of really cool stuff to decorate my hookahs. What we ended up doing was picking up enough stuff to decorate my Egyptian no-name hookah which I only use every now and then, and some stuff for my social smoke one which I use every daily. 

I got a pretty awesome idea to do something with my Social Smoke Izmir hookah that I hope nobody else thinks about doing it because it's a pretty dope idea. 

I was thinking of posting the contest on Facebook but then I reneged the idea because I think people might get pissed off that we are announcing a contest on Facebook that only applies to members of hookah.org.  

I was thinking of posting the contest on Facebook but then I reneged the idea because I think people might get pissed off that we are announcing a contest on Facebook that only applies to members of hookah.org.  

What do you mean? Who would get pissed? 

It should absolutely be promoted on social media pages, how else are people going to know about it? After all it is meant to bring in new members and grow our community :)

What do you mean? Who would get pissed? 

Facebook readers. wouldn't that cause some issues about a contents that doesn't apply to them? 

It should absolutely be promoted on social media pages, how else are people going to know about it? After all it is meant to bring in new members and grow our community :)

you have a point there. It is to bring people to the site and not the online social media. 

Facebook readers. wouldn't that cause some issues about a contents that doesn't apply to them? 

It does apply to them. Facebook readers are fans of the website. We post links to our articles, they click on them, and read them. 

Same here. Facebook readers can find out about the contest from the FB page but will have to use their forum account if they want to enter 

It does apply to them. Facebook readers are fans of the website. We post links to our articles, they click on them, and read them. 

Same here. Facebook readers can find out about the contest from the FB page but will have to use their forum account if they want to enter 

OK, then I'll have to change the wording of it because a lot of the readers from facebook are over seas fans. As I understand it this would only be shipped in the US. or am I mistaken in that assumption? 

OK, then I'll have to change the wording of it because a lot of the readers from facebook are over seas fans. As I understand it this would only be shipped in the US. or am I mistaken in that assumption? 

You are right, For U.S. and Canada only.

Where are we uploading the pictures? are we going to create an album in the Gallery section?