Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CommanderDennu

Hi

Hey guys

I'm AJ from Louisiana

I've been smoking hookah for about a year and a half. Right now, I'm using a Nammor Nile and a Mya QT

I checked out a few different hookah forums and this is the first one that seems to have really nice people so I'm excited. Yay

Hey guys

I'm AJ from Louisiana

I've been smoking hookah for about a year and a half. Right now, I'm using a Nammor Nile and a Mya QT

I checked out a few different hookah forums and this is the first one that seems to have really nice people so I'm excited. Yay

Hey AJ. Welcome to the forum. We definitely have a friendly community here (and VERY informative when it comes to hookahs)

Hey guys

I'm AJ from Louisiana

Hi AJ and welcome to the forum. 

Thank you for the nice compliments, we strive to be a fun community while at the same time sharing all of our experiences. We are very friendly and helpful. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask and feel free to browse around to see what we are doing and how we do it. Right now I'm posting about making my second batch of homemade hookah tobacco. 

So once again welcome to the forums, have fun and don't be afraid to ask us about anything. 

Thanks for the warm welcome guys

Welcome to the forum!
What is your favorite brand of shisha?

I'm pretty fond of AF and Fumari right now. I've recently had some Social Smoke and Haze flavors that were very good so I'll be exploring more of those.

You're welcome.

I haven't had much Fumari. I've had a lot of AF but I'm not a fan. Don't get me wrong, it is good just not my cup of tea. I haven't tried any Social Smoke, I should probably get some. Haze is good, hard to find in my area though.

I just tried the Social Smoke Mango Habanero and it was really good. It's really hard to find any brand other than Fantasia and Starbuzz in the smoke shops here so I order pretty all of my shisha online

Try checking out any middle Eastern shops near you. They typically carry a good amount of shisha.

Around my area Nakhla, AF, Starbuzz, Fantasia and some other smaller brands are very common. I smoke Nakhla almost exclusively so I don't order online.

I just tried the Social Smoke Mango Habanero and it was really good. It's really hard to find any brand other than Fantasia and Starbuzz in the smoke shops here so I order pretty all of my shisha online

Social Smoke is awesome. I'm pretty much the Social Smoke fanboy here. I've tried a boat load of their flavors and pretty much everything I use is Social Smoke brand. I do try different flavors and different coals because I do reviews on them on here, but other than that, I always stick to that brand. 

Al Fakher is a hit or miss with me. right now my rate of luck has been in favor of Al Fakher 70/30 so I never know what to expect when I try one of their flavors. Right now I'm in love with their vanilla which is very sweet and their blueberry with mint flavor. 

I haven't had Fumari or Haze yet, but I hear great things about them. Eventually I'll try them when I'm back down to about 10 flavors or less in my cupboard. 

Welcome! Happy to see a new face around here :) we are definitely a friendly bunch and there's contests too, make sure you check out the one we have going for Halloween.

Try checking out any middle Eastern shops near you. They typically carry a good amount of shisha.

Around my area Nakhla, AF, Starbuzz, Fantasia and some other smaller brands are very common. I smoke Nakhla almost exclusively so I don't order online.

There a few decent smoke shops in New Orleans that have good selections but often it's just not worth the 40 minute drive and crazy city parking. 

I've been thinking of trying some Nakhla and Tangiers. I hear good things about both brands.

I haven't had Tangier's because it isn't carried in local stores, although I plan on ordering some. Nakhla is amazing, it's my favorite brand. The flavors are usually spot on. Their Mizo mint is in my opinion one of the best mint flavors you can get.

I'd get tangiers birquq. It is less nicotine and if you only smoke modern style tobacco it won't knock you out like noir would.

I would definitely pick up nakhla mizo and the ice line. Those have a bit less nicotine than regular nakhla, plus regular nakhla isn't known for their clouds so it could be disappointing to the average modern smoker. I'd say it is kind of like al fakher minus the crazy red dye (Mizo is pretty red however) and the cut is larger like starbuzz I guess you could say.

When I first tried it I didn't like the fact that I didn't get huge clouds but now it is one of my favorite brands because the flavors don't quit. That being said I don't smoke regular nak too often, mango nak was amazing though regardless of clouds.

BTW If you don't smoke a funnel bowl already you will need one for tangiers.

I don't think there is a big difference in the nicotine, they all claim to have .5% nicotine. I haven't noticed smaller clouds, they seem comparable to me. When it starts to die down there is a difference though. Nakhla will keep its flavor well into the clouds dying.

Funnel bowls and natural coals are a must

I don't think there is a big difference in the nicotine, they all claim to have .5% nicotine. I haven't noticed smaller clouds, they seem comparable to me. When it starts to die down there is a difference though. Nakhla will keep its flavor well into the clouds dying.

Funnel bowls and natural coals are a must

I actually noticed a difference in clouds when I had Naklah strawberry, but you are right about the flavor. No matter what the flavor is always spot on. I don't have a clouds issue with any of the other Naklah flavors I've had.

I have to agree with the Nakhla strawberry, that doesn't have the best clouds. But it does make for an amazing mixing shisha.

All the regular ones I had (mixed fruit, fahkfahina, mint, mango, coconut, and lemon) were are very very dry and I didn't get mizo sized clouds I'm used to now. It could be my climate being so dry and they could have been old also because I bought them at a shop I had never been to before. My last mizo mint purchase online had an entire pool of glycerin in the container.

That being said I'd just mix them with a fumari or haze flavor and I'd have great clouds.

Nak is top tier shisha, plain and simple :D

Their normal line is known to be very dry, but they smoke wonderful for being like that. It might have been the climate because I get pretty good clouds from just about any Nakhla flavor, except for when the humidity goes all crazy. My current box of Mizo Mint had the same thing, the glycerin was pouring out of the bag after I opened it up. 

Top tier shisha with low tier prices. 

Fumari - amazing, very tasty, and light. very expensive.

Social Smoke - all around an awesome brand. Post a lot here and you can cash in your forum points for a gift card for them!

AF - has some great flavors and some... not so great flavors. I think their mint and apple are classics; the rest are just ok.

Haze - my favorite modern style tobacco these days. I like Fumari better, but for the price, I can get 3x the tobacco.

I would agree with dude's comment about Tangiers Birquq. While they are all labeled as .5%, it does have less of a punch and throat feel. If you smoke more than a few times a week, you'll probably be ok with the noir, but you'll definitely get a buzz. Tangiers Lucid's also good for starting with Tangiers, but it's no longer being made and hard to find.

If you haven't had Nakhla, I'd recommend that before Tangiers. Mizo Mint is my absolute favorite flavor of all time, and mixing it 50/50 with Nak Strawberry is wonderful. You won't get as huge of clouds with Nakhla, but it's inexpensive and a high quality brand.

I think Chernobyl was big on Nakhla Flames for a while. I don't know much about that flavor but probably something else to check into.

You'll need some sort of Tupperware (I'd recommend glass and not used for any food) to store any Nakhla or Tangiers since they don't come in resealable containers.

Hope that helps!

I'd get tangiers birquq. It is less nicotine and if you only smoke modern style tobacco it won't knock you out like noir would.

I would definitely pick up nakhla mizo and the ice line. Those have a bit less nicotine than regular nakhla, plus regular nakhla isn't known for their clouds so it could be disappointing to the average modern smoker. I'd say it is kind of like al fakher minus the crazy red dye (Mizo is pretty red however) and the cut is larger like starbuzz I guess you could say.

When I first tried it I didn't like the fact that I didn't get huge clouds but now it is one of my favorite brands because the flavors don't quit. That being said I don't smoke regular nak too often, mango nak was amazing though regardless of clouds.

BTW If you don't smoke a funnel bowl already you will need one for tangiers.

I would agree with dude's comment about Tangiers Birquq. While they are all labeled as .5%, it does have less of a punch and throat feel. If you smoke more than a few times a week, you'll probably be ok with the noir, but you'll definitely get a buzz. Tangiers Lucid's also good for starting with Tangiers, but it's no longer being made and hard to find.

I've heard that the birquq line is a little more heat sensitive than the noir line. Have any of you experienced that?

At first I did with a lotus, I could never get it smoking right. Since I've been back on foil I've purchased white summer mixed fruit birquq and had amazing sessions with it.

I smoke noir tangiers usually though because I feel it smokes better IMO. Not that birquq is bad at all.

Also It says on the package it requires less heat but I run the same setup of coals for noir and birquq alike.

Maybe the people you heard it from had some problems with acclimation, that is a key part to getting it smoking correctly. Every time I smoke I let my tobacco sit out uncovered for at least 20 minutes to an hour. When I first open the package at least 3 hours. I live in such a dry place compared to the san diego weather that it is produced in so it has taken all day before I could smoke it. You might be okay with the southern climate :thumbsup: 

Tangiers is all about conquering the learning curve and repetition. Just be patient with it and you'll have some of the most flavor you can ever get out of a shisha. It's unlike any other tobacco.