Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NewHookaprncs

Hi Everyone

Welcome to the forums! My advice is to try new things, new flavors, new coals, everything. It will help you learn your way around the hookah world and decide what kind of flavors and stuff are for you. And of course you can always come to us with any questions :)

Welcome to the forums!!!!!!!

Any particular area of hookah smoking that you need help with?

Glad that you joined us and feel free to read around and ask us questions.

Welcome!  To follow up with Hooligan and dd:

- What's your current setup (what hookah, hose, and bowl are you using)?

- What brand(s) and flavor(s) of shisha tobacco do you enjoy?

- What kind of coals are you using?  Quick lights or naturals?

- How often do you smoke?

There's so many things to enhance your experience, and we all have our own ways.  I think some generic guidelines that most of us here would agree on would be:

- You should invest in a washable hose, which provides a wider gauge and easier draw, and is washable to get rid of left-over flavor (ghosting)

- Your hookah doesn't matter (at least not dramatically), as long as it is built well and cleaned on a regular basis

- You should always, always, always use natural charcoal instead of quick lights

- Phunnel-style bowls are fantastic for wetter tobaccos and are a worthwhile investment, as long as a quality one is purchased (off-brand ones seem to mismanage heat a bit)

We all have different opinions on other things, but those should be a few things to help you out until we find out more about your setup.  Again, welcome!

My biggest form of advice to a complete noobie is buy the cheaper brands to get a feel for what fruits you like. When I started I could only get starbuzz and with the price range that it is I couldn't smoke very often and my sessions would suck because I didn't have enough tobacco to play around with packing.

I'd buy al fakher and nakhla first, they are very cheap and great quality. I'd get a few Tupperware tubs so you can store the tobacco properly as well. Nak always needs another package but al fakher you can get away with leaving it in the bag.

Look online as often as you can for deals. 9 times out of 10 you will be able to get it cheaper online. Hookah-shisha.com and 5starhookah.com are pretty much the only places we all order from consistently but other sites will be okay for certain items.

DON'T BUY QUICK LIGHTING CHARCOAL. That needs to be capitalized haha

Welcome to the forum!

I agree with Dude, buy al fakher or Nakhla. Both of which are great for even experienced smokers. I don't put my tobacco in another container but that is because I smoke it before it can lose juices or go bad.

I think I'm that 1 out of ten because it is cheaper for me to buy locally. Check your local stores as well as checking online. Always compare prices. It's your job as a consumer to find the best product for the cheapest price. Remember that being a member here gets you discounts at online retailers like hookah shisha.

Doug, TheEightyFour, is completely right. Take all of his advice.

Hello All. I am a new Hookah user. Any advice? :unsure:

Hey, welcome to the forum. Have you bought a hookah yet?

Welcome to the forums!!!!!!!

Any particular area of hookah smoking that you need help with?

Glad that you joined us and feel free to read around and ask us questions.

I just purchased a hookah online, it seems like I was getting more air than smoke. I checked the ball in the value and use two charcoals but it just taste burnt.

Welcome to the forums! My advice is to try new things, new flavors, new coals, everything. It will help you learn your way around the hookah world and decide what kind of flavors and stuff are for you. And of course you can always come to us with any questions :)

Thank you. You all are awesome

What kind of charcoal? Ate that quick lights or natural? Sounds quick light to me, of they are you should change to using natural coals.

Stick around, ask questions we love to help.

before your next session, assemble the hookah except for water and the bowl. taking a drag on the hose should be wide open. if you put a finger over top of the stem where the bowl goes, you should not be able to inhale at all. if you can, you have an air leak somewhere and you probably need new grommets.

as far as the burned taste, be sure to stir up your tobacco (what kind?) before use. pulling from the top will just get you easily burned dry leaves. no good.

also, your coals should sit toward the outside of your bowl. putting them closer to the center may start the bowl off ok, but it's going to die quickly because the heat is directly affecting the tobacco and not warming the bowl enough.