Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CorbinDrums

New to the forum

Question

Hi guys :) I'm new to this forum so I don't really understand how it works. I've been smoking hookah for awhile now and would love some brand / flavor options from you wonderful people. Unfortunately my stores don't carry much selection on brands :/ I've been wanting to try Social Smoke, Hookafina, & Tangiers for awhile, but I don't know what flavors are good. Any help is appreciated, thank you :)

11 answers to this question

That's the way it goes with stores man! I have to bug the owners for about a month each time I want something new. You should checkout online hookah shops, if you have a few friends that smoke you can get a ton of hookah for cheap with a mass order.

Tangiers:

Melon blend - it's like sour patch watermelon with honeydew and cantaloupe.

Kashmir Peach - A very floral and spicy blend with a sweet peach.

Cane mint - regarded as the most mint available by the majority of the hookah world. It's not for the average mint smoker

Maraschino cherry - as close as you can possibly get to eating a real candy cherry.

Social Smoke:

Voltage - a blend of sweet sweet lemon, a touch of amaretto, and hints of watermelon. To me it taste like a twinkie with a watermelon glaze

Mobster - If you like monster whatsoever this flavor is so accurate you'd swear you just chugged one

Blue raspberry - self explanatory, but very delicious. Paired with mobster it'll leave your mouth watering

Citrus peach - this one is just flat out good, perfect for parties, and a nice balance of sweet to sour

Hookafina:

Cucuber lemonade - god is this one good. It should be on a list of flavors to try once you buy a hookah. You actually taste crisp cucumber and something similar to canned lemonade mix if you have ever smelled that.

Pinkberry - I'm not sure what they were going for but this taste like runts to me. It's an awesome flavor

Spiced Chai - many other brands make this, but nearly every falls short within 45 minutes. This stays true to the end which is why you should try it.

Peppermint - Not too minty but very sweet. It's like cane mint's distant cousin once removed.

That's about it. It all depends on your taste really. You should look into Nakhla and Haze as well.

Welcome to the forums! I would suggest looking online too if your local shops dont have much, there is tons out there to be tried!

My favorite Hookafina flavors that I've tried have been Cucumber Lemonade, which sounds weird but it is soooo good, one of their most popular too. Im also a fan of their Root Beer Float flavor, but it is kind of a light flavor.

I've only tried one Social Smoke flavor and that is cola, its okay but its more of a spice flavor than a soda.

And for tangiers, my favorite is orange soda but I also really enjoy horchata and pinepas. You cant really go wrong with Tangiers flavors, if it sounds good it most likely is.

If you take a look around the blog section here on hookah.org there are tons of reviews on all brands. You can probably find some stuff you want to try there =)

Hi guys :) I'm new to this forum so I don't really understand how it works. I've been smoking hookah for awhile now and would love some brand / flavor options from you wonderful people. Unfortunately my stores don't carry much selection on brands :/ I've been wanting to try Social Smoke, Hookafina, & Tangiers for awhile, but I don't know what flavors are good. Any help is appreciated, thank you :)

Welcome to the forum. 

When it comes to hookah tobacco it's just a matter of trying a few of each brand to find out what you really like. At least that's how I'm going about it, then when i find really good ones I mix the different brands together. 

I'm a HUGE Social Smoke fan and everything I have is SS name brand, so I'm kind of bias towards them because in my eyes they can do no wrong. :) 

Welcome to the forums!

As far as the brands you're interested in:

Tangiers is very finicky and requires some prep work.  You need to acclimate it, and the packing technique is very different than any other shisha for it to work right.  It also requires a phunnel bowl of some sort (I'd recommend the Alien Mini).  Tangiers also has a lot of nicotine, and will probably hit you really hard if all you've been smoking is Starbuzz, Fantasia, AF, and other modern shisha tobaccos.  The Birquq line is a little less buzzy, but still has more nicotine content than most other brands.

Agreeing with Dude, Tangiers Cane Mint is fantastic.  It is one of the best mints out there.  Other good Tangiers flavors are Orange Soda (a little sweet for some, but I liked it), Horchata (based on a cinnamon and rice milk drink of the same name), and, if you want something really interesting, Kashmir (not Kashmir Peach, Apple, etc.) is this strange middle-eastern spice blend.  Some like Kashmir, some don't.  I've heard good things about Kashmir Peach, but I haven't personally tried it.

I haven't had any Hookafina flavors, but I've heard good things.

As far as Social Smoke is concerned, they've got some great flavors.  Vanilla is a good mixer, their coffee flavor (Arabian Nights) is really nice, and their Chocolate Chill (Chocolate Mint) is really nice too.

If you're looking to get into Tangiers, I'd recommend checking out Nakhla first.  They've got some great flavors (Mizo Mint is one of my favorite all-time flavors), and it has a nicotine level between modern tobaccos and Tangiers.  Strawberry + Mizo Mint is one of my party mixes that everyone seems to absolutely love.

The options are almost endless for a newcomer to hookah smoking, it can be a little over whelming haha

Most brands are decent though. The best thing to do when you aren't sure of a flavor or brand is to search for reviews on YouTube or on here and find some honest opinions. That's what I have always done and it helps a lot with flavors that don't have names that describe how it tastes.

That's what I usually do. I mostly go to HookahRev, HookahNuckuh, HookahJohn, and your channel for reviews on products.

Those are all good channels, check out the Hookah.org channel too, Paul does an awesome job with reviews over there.

Thanks for supporting my channel too, I really appreciate it! =)

Welcome to the forums :) 

If you ever have any issues with your account or the website, ill be more than happy to help out (as well as the moderators)

Those are all good channels, check out the Hookah.org channel too, Paul does an awesome job with reviews over there.

Thanks for supporting my channel too, I really appreciate it! =)

You're welcome :)