Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CorbinDrums

My hookah. (I think it's a KM)

This is my hookah setup. Bought it from the local hookah lounge (used) and it works great :) I use 3 cocos, phunnel bowl (Chinese but it works nice) and my Dream Hose. Currently smoking Starbuzz Safari Melon Dew.

Nice pipe! It does definitely look like a KM, but the best way for us to tell you is to take a pic of the tray rest with out the tray. Then we can tell you if its genuine KM or something else.

Nice pipe! It does definitely look like a KM, but the best way for us to tell you is to take a pic of the tray rest with out the tray. Then we can tell you if its genuine KM or something else.

Here is it

post-9560-14142939349646_thumb.jpg

That definitely looks different from most kms I've seen but I think it may be one. Anyone on here read Arabic? Lol it looks too clean to be a KM almost they always have messy welds and engravings this one is great.

Either way as long as it smokes well who cares haha

That definitely looks different from most kms I've seen but I think it may be one. Anyone on here read Arabic? Lol it looks too clean to be a KM almost they always have messy welds and engravings this one is great.

Either way as long as it smokes well who cares haha

That's what matters :) aslong is works I'm happy. Even tho, the welding around the purge, hose port, and the down stem are pretty noticeable.

I don't think it is one. I could be wrong but the engravings look different than what I've seen on the top of KMs. I've never seen English on their trays too, it's always been Arabic. If it didn't come with a KM tray or hose chances are the store owner you purchased them from did not sell them separately (some cases sure but I've never seen a KM tray by itself for sale in a shop) pointing to this being an Egyptian knock-off KM.

Nonetheless it looks solid.

A great place to relax, but the owner is quite an [no profound language please]

It does look different than normal. But it has the lotus flowers which are their normal marking. I'm not sure about this one its bothering me haha honestly someone from hookahpro can probably ID it but posting over there is like trying to join some elite group or something.

Given they are all made by hand NONE I've seen have had English on the tray stand. It says trade too, why would KM want to engrave that in it?

I see more pointing that its not than it is. KM is well known to have knock-offs. Paul has a pretty good article about them

It looks awesome and I don't know much about KMs but they wouldn't use english markings unless they are registered which it seems they are. Anybody knows the correct spelling? if the correct spelling is "Khalil Mamoon", then they are definitely a registered trademark as of 2010. Their USA trademark serial is 85161699 and it's still active. Any trademarked goods sold in the USA has to be branded as such, so I can see how their hookahs shipped here would be branded in English. 

Dude, you are right I guess I didn't see that last night. There is no reason for the trade to be there. I will say that now my opinion is going to be that it may be a knock off. That being said though, if it smokes well and is a high quality don't worry about it.

DD, I do believe that KM is spelled Khalil Mamoon. The problem is that even on genuine products the spelling will vary slightly because it is not a perfect translation into English.

www.thehookah.com/khalil-mamoon-hookahs-disclaimer.html

That may not be the best for determining its authenticity but Corbin check that out.

Genuine KMs have many spellings of the name, like Chernobyl said it simply doesn't translate well. But they never ever put English on them which is why I think its something else.

I'm so curious about this now lol

I could see "trademark" but not just "trade" it seems too odd to count it towards just being a KM English translation thing. It HAS to be a knock-off.

No ash tray.

No hose.

No Arabic.

No Km.

It's a nice Egyptian hookah that will smoke well. It's simple :thumbsup: