Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SmokeKing

Lust Halo Hookah Giveaway Nov 2014

Just wanted to let everyone know that through November SmokeKing.com is giving away a Free Lust Halo Hookah.  Head over to our Facebook page to check out the details but we will be announcing the winner on Nov 23rd.  You can enter once per day and you get 2 bonus entries for each person who enters from a link you share so you can rack up those entries.  Let us know if you have any questions and what Hookah would you like to see us possibly giveaway over Christmas?

www.Facebook.com/smokekingcom

54553a255ba26-Nov-Sweepstakes-Giveaway1.

Just wanted to let everyone know that through November SmokeKing.com is giving away a Free Lust Halo Hookah.  Head over to our Facebook page to check out the details but we will be announcing the winner on Nov 23rd.  You can enter once per day and you get 2 bonus entries for each person who enters from a link you share so you can rack up those entries.  Let us know if you have any questions and what Hookah would you like to see us possibly giveaway over Christmas?

www.Facebook.com/smokekingcom

54553a255ba26-Nov-Sweepstakes-Giveaway1.

OMG I think I just creamed my pants!

TMI man, TMI.

ROTFLMAO!!! well it wasn't literally... well almost. I love glass hookahs and I'm sure they smoke great. This one I would love to win, and with my luck  I would win it and it would be the one my sis will take to Japan with her. LOL 

I would totally enter, but I dislike the idea of making it so you have to like them on Facebook.

Facebook tends to publish every single action you do on the site.  That's great for general stuff, like sharing a link or a photo album.  But, I have friends and family that hate the idea of smoking at all, or carry a stigma against it - particularly my immediate family and my wife's friends.  I don't want any of that to ever populate my feed.  I don't want that whole "so, you smoke now huh?" conversation with someone that really has no business knowing or caring.  I'm a fanatic about it, sure, but that's why I interact here.  That's why I changed my username a while back.  That's why I created my own Instagram account under this user name just for hookah-oriented stuff (I don't use it often, but hey, it's there).

So, nice contest, but I will most certainly be passing on it.

I would totally enter, but I dislike the idea of making it so you have to like them on Facebook.

Facebook tends to publish every single action you do on the site. That's great for general stuff, like sharing a link or a photo album. But, I have friends and family that hate the idea of smoking at all, or carry a stigma against it - particularly my immediate family and my wife's friends. I don't want any of that to ever populate my feed. I don't want that whole "so, you smoke now huh?" conversation with someone that really has no business knowing or caring. I'm a fanatic about it, sure, but that's why I interact here. That's why I changed my username a while back. That's why I created my own Instagram account under this user name just for hookah-oriented stuff (I don't use it often, but hey, it's there).

So, nice contest, but I will most certainly be passing on it.

I hate that about FB too. I comment on one thing that has nothing to do with most of my friends and its all over the place for like 2 days. Like if I wanted everyone to see it I would have made a status update, not a comment in a conversation among a few friends.

If I like one page then the whole world knows in 5 seconds. I avoid liking hookah pages from my personal account for that reason too.

It's not required to Like us on Facebook to enter the contest.  Facebook does not allow contest to do that anymore as of Nov 1st.  You can also enter on our website as well.  Of coarse we like the followers on Facebook or on Instagram but again it's not required to like to be able to enter.  I understand as their are pages I visit that I would rather not always show up in my news feed because of some family members that would not understand.

On a related note I find that if i set my general posts to friends except restricted then most things I comment on or like do show to everyone.  Restricted being those like my mom :D

It's not required to Like us on Facebook to enter the contest.  Facebook does not allow contest to do that anymore as of Nov 1st.  You can also enter on our website as well.  Of coarse we like the followers on Facebook or on Instagram but again it's not required to like to be able to enter.  I understand as their are pages I visit that I would rather not always show up in my news feed because of some family members that would not understand.

On a related note I find that if i set my general posts to friends except restricted then most things I comment on or like do show to everyone.  Restricted being those like my mom :D

I really could care less what people on my page think about what I do so I'll definitely be entering. Hell, sometimes my girlfriend parents and friends repost my hookah posts and they don't even smoke. They know that I always say only god can judge me. So yeah, I'll be entering every day and posting it all over the place. 

Cool response, guys.  For real.  Most companies would be appalled and wouldn't respond to that.  However, going to your website still says "you must like SmokeKing.com" as an error when submitting the form.

I'm an IT professional, and I know how web sites work.  I get Facebook's privacy stuff.  It's just not as comprehensive as it should be.  It still will show off pages you like.  You can't limit a group of pages.  And if you limit all of your pages, you also limit a lot of your personal information as well as a side effect.  It's a real domino effect, and I would rather just leave it how it is instead of spending hours messing around with a social networking site.

I really could care less what people on my page think about what I do so I'll definitely be entering. Hell, sometimes my girlfriend parents and friends repost my hookah posts and they don't even smoke. They know that I always say only god can judge me. So yeah, I'll be entering every day and posting it all over the place. 

Good for you.  I unfortunately don't have people in my life that are quite as understanding.  I have those that would come to my house and trash my hookah stash because it's bad for me.

Cool response, guys. For real. Most companies would be appalled and wouldn't respond to that. However, going to your website still says "you must like SmokeKing.com" as an error when submitting the form.

I'm an IT professional, and I know how web sites work. I get Facebook's privacy stuff. It's just not as comprehensive as it should be. It still will show off pages you like. You can't limit a group of pages. And if you limit all of your pages, you also limit a lot of your personal information as well as a side effect. It's a real domino effect, and I would rather just leave it how it is instead of spending hours messing around with a social networking site.

Good for you. I unfortunately don't have people in my life that are quite as understanding. I have those that would come to my house and trash my hookah stash because it's bad for me.

Damn. Maybe they care about you a little too much lol

Hey Smoke King, is this for Facebook only or will you also be advertising it on instagram?

Hey Smoke King, is this for Facebook only or will you also be advertising it on instagram?

I think its open to Instagram too 

I think its open to Instagram too 

That would be cool. I was just wondering to see if he needed reposting and likes over there as well.