Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Astano Vidatu

two+ hose hookahs.

Question

Would anyone happen to have a good recommendation for these that are preferably around the $50-75 region? People from my gaming group have been getting into using my single hose hookah during game nights and having to pass one hose around to 3-5 ppl isn't very practical and is kind of a chore in between dice rolls and all that fun stuff. I did just try out an Egyptian style one from hookah-shisha.com called a "Scarab" but it was horrible so I sent it right back and need something to replace it.

Thank you in advance.

6 answers to this question

If you're playing games, a multi-hose hookah probably isn't that great.  With these, you typically have a couple options:

1. Each hose port has a ball bearing in it to close up the seal between draws.  Makes it great for anyone to draw on at any time, but pretty drastically restricts airflow.  Cleaning the ports out is near about impossible, and the ball bearings will eventually rust or get stuck.

2. There are no ball bearings, and you have to cap each hose with your thumb or with a hose cap.  If you're playing anything fast-paced, this will be more of a nuisance than anything.

However, if you really want to go down that road, I would recommend looking at Social Smoke's website (socialsmoke.com).  Their Modern Pyramid hookah is more of an economy line hookah from them and doesn't represent the quality of their higher-end models, but they have a 2-hose version for around $45.  I had a single hose one of these a long time ago and it was pretty decent.  The metals were a little cheaper, but, in the $50 range, you're not going to get a KM or a Regal.

I like to take a small piece of rubber tubing and put that where my other valve would normally go, then I attach the other end to a hose. It's a cheap simple way to get a two hose but you do have to cover the tips with your fingers.

Thank you for the replies.

I was looking around and there are companies like NeverXhale and a couple others (I am not sure if I spelled that correctly) that have multi hose hookahs, some of them are pretty nice looking. I did see a few from a vendor with over 10k sales and 99.7% positive feedback on ebay that had 2-4 hose set ups relatively inexpensive. The only reason I didn't grab one right off the bat was because I read that the stem was nickel, I am not sure if that's safe or if it will corrode after a month or two of use, Otherwise they were really nice looking.

Any experience with nickel on hookah hardware?

Thank you for the replies.

I was looking around and there are companies like NeverXhale and a couple others (I am not sure if I spelled that correctly) that have multi hose hookahs, some of them are pretty nice looking. I did see a few from a vendor with over 10k sales and 99.7% positive feedback on ebay that had 2-4 hose set ups relatively inexpensive. The only reason I didn't grab one right off the bat was because I read that the stem was nickel, I am not sure if that's safe or if it will corrode after a month or two of use, Otherwise they were really nice looking.

Any experience with nickel on hookah hardware?

The problem with nickel plating is that if its not done well it will wear off and then it will just rust, which most of the time it does. If I were you I would just get a second hookah, its better to have 2 good hookahs rather than 1 crappy one just so that you can have two hoses. 

I'd second Hooligan on this one.  Having two hookahs allows you to not have to worry about a ball bearing that will eventually rust, or stopping the hose.  You can get a better quality smoke without potential restrictions or drawing at the same time, and you can smoke a different flavor if you choose.