Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jHookah

Herbal shisha

Question

Hey guys, I have recently came across a new brand of herbal shisha called The King and was kind of interested in trying it. I have tried some herbal shisha from other brands and wasnt to pleased with them. (Only good for mixing with tabacco based shisha in my opinion) Have any of you tried this brand? I would love to hear from you all. On a side note im only interested in the mint flavour as that is what i smoke the most.

Hey guys, I have recently came across a new brand of herbal shisha called The King and was kind of interested in trying it. I have tried some herbal shisha from other brands and wasnt to pleased with them. (Only good for mixing with tabacco based shisha in my opinion) Have any of you tried this brand? I would love to hear from you all. On a side note im only interested in the mint flavour as that is what i smoke the most.

I have seen them around, they are a newer brand. They actually contacted me to offer me a discount so I would do a review for them, but I told them no. All herbal is the same really, shredded up sugar cane. Which, if you look it up, actually has some health issues with it as well. If you want a good mint flavor thats cheap, just get nakhla mizo mint, its good, strong, and cheap. 

I've never heard of that brand. If you haven't liked herbal before chances are you won't like it here. If it's cheap is say go for but like Hooligan said Nakhla would be a much better choice and it isn't herbal.

That is the most expensive herbal shisha around, the dude that creates it never gets off the internet and hypes it everywhere I see all day long, he only offers mint and as others say herbal isn't significantly better for you.

Shisha fruits are great however they are hard to pack correctly plus 50 grams cost about as much as 250 of the nak mizo mint.

Just get mizo mint, it's the best out there for the price.

That is the most expensive herbal shisha around, the dude that creates it never gets off the internet and hypes it everywhere I see all day long, he only offers mint and as others say herbal isn't significantly better for you.

Shisha fruits are great however they are hard to pack correctly plus 50 grams cost about as much as 250 of the nak mizo mint.

Just get mizo mint, it's the best out there for the price.

Yeah you're right they are really expensive. The site only lists four flavors, and $10 for 100g. That's ridiculous.

The cost and the longevity are the downsides for me. I can never get herbal, save for steam stones, to last longer than one round of coals. I can go through a 250 in about a week and a half but I smoke more than average.

I really want to try the fruits but can't find them anywhere near me.

I got lucky and my shop happened to buy them when they first came out so I tried raspberry, mint, and banana. I only was able to get one successful bowl of the fruits by themselves with a lotus severely under-packing. They are like impossible to get smoking without any tobacco to soak up the bubbles the glycerin makes when its heated.

They work really really well with nak which is what you like anyway so if you were to order them I don't THINK you would be disappointed but then again I really can't say. Some flavors like banana you have to cut up for a funnel because its far too big of a piece to smoke successfully.

Raspberry shisha fruit and raspberry mizo is one of my favorite combos I've tried this year. when I had the mint shisha fruit it was really good as well. Similar notes to regular nak mint yet more herbal with mint tea notes. They aren't bad products, just need more babying than tangiers in my opinion.

How would you mix it with shisha? A complete mix or a layer or shisha on top?

I'm going to be making my first ever order soon since no place near me carries a wind cover large enough for a KM. Might as well make the order large enough to justify spending roughly ten bucks in shipping.

I always did it on the bottom, maybe a few grams and some drops of the juice then nak to the top. You hardly need any to get the taste, they are strong in that aspect.

Who are thinking of ordering from? I'm in the market for a windcover as well but I really don't know what size to get. My tallest Egyptian clay funnel bowl is about 5 inches.

I'll keep that I'm mind.

Well hookah-shisha doesn't have one large enough for my needs. I was thinking about hookahset or honestly anywhere that has one over 8.5" tall. I measured from my tray to the top of my bowl and the total size is roughly 8" give or take a few centimeters. I found one on amazon that looks like the one Paul uses in his videos for $15 plus 5 in shipping

I'll keep that I'm mind.

Well hookah-shisha doesn't have one large enough for my needs. I was thinking about hookahset or honestly anywhere that has one over 8.5" tall. I measured from my tray to the top of my bowl and the total size is roughly 8" give or take a few centimeters. I found one on amazon that looks like the one Paul uses in his videos for $15 plus 5 in shipping

Don't order from hookahset. Trust me. They are constantly messing up peoples orders and they have horrible customer service. I think 5 star and hookah john both have those XL windcovers. Or amazon works too if you found one.

The fruits are okay. I like them better than herbal for sure. They are best when mixed with tobacco like dude said.

Yeah that kings guy is hyping his new tobacco a lot, but I haven't heard about anybody having tried it. Not all herbal is bad. I've only had one flavor from hydro herbal but I enjoy that particular flavor a lot. One of my sisters smokes different hydro herbal flavors which she mixes with the wet stones and that's all she smokes and loved it. I will need to try more flavors before I can make and educated judgement on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hydro is good, their flavors are delicious. I haven't had one that tasted bad yet but like I said they don't have any longevity. That combined with the fact that I cannot find any near me that is over 50g means it is on my do not smoke list. Stones on the other hand are great. They last for a while, taste great and mix wonderfully with shisha. I'd get them more often but they just so don't compare to tobacco based shisha.

Yeah that kings guy is hyping his new tobacco a lot, but I haven't heard about anybody having tried it. Not all herbal is bad. I've only had one flavor from hydro herbal but I enjoy that particular flavor a lot. One of my sisters smokes different hydro herbal flavors which she mixes with the wet stones and that's all she smokes and loved it. I will need to try more flavors before I can make and educated judgement on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hydro herbal is pretty good flavor wise. I've had a good handful of their offerings. The tangerine one is really good.

Hydro is good, their flavors are delicious. I haven't had one that tasted bad yet but like I said they don't have any longevity. That combined with the fact that I cannot find any near me that is over 50g means it is on my do not smoke list. Stones on the other hand are great. They last for a while, taste great and mix wonderfully with shisha. I'd get them more often but they just so don't compare to tobacco based shisha.

I had some shiazo steam stones, and... honestly, I didn't care for them.  The flavor, even with 3 or 4 coals on the bowl, was too light for my tastes.  It was missing some balls or something.

I had some shiazo steam stones, and... honestly, I didn't care for them. The flavor, even with 3 or 4 coals on the bowl, was too light for my tastes. It was missing some balls or something.

Did you make sure they were coated in the juice? Stones need to be soaked to work properly. I've only smoked them by themselves a couple times though. I always paired them with the same flavor from tobacco based shisha.

Did you make sure they were coated in the juice? Stones need to be soaked to work properly. I've only smoked them by themselves a couple times though. I always paired them with the same flavor from tobacco based shisha.

Yeah they were.  I just didn't like them.

I had some shiazo steam stones, and... honestly, I didn't care for them. The flavor, even with 3 or 4 coals on the bowl, was too light for my tastes. It was missing some balls or something.

That's odd. I've always had good experience with them as far as flavor strength. But I've only had a handful of flavors so I probably just haven't had the same ones as you lol

OK so since I'm the one to be trying the put into my lungs anything that will stop me from going outside and having a real cigarette, I bit the bullet and ordered two half pound flavors from the King Shisha. I ordered the apple and the coconut. Shipping was only $3.90 and the discount brought the half pound price to $9.75 each. The half pound translate to roughly about 226g of shisha so that's not a bad price for that amount.

Now I was wondering if maybe Nima wants me to send them to him so Paul can review them since I'm not yet doing video reviews. The only purpose I bought them was so that we can have the official reviews of their shisha on our site so if you guys have any suggestions, please let me know. I think I might really have to start doing video reviews now. LOL '

Nima what say you? 

I also bought a half pound if mint just because of the deal they had. If i didnt like it it was just under 10 buck. Not as big as a loss as the original price

I also bought a half pound if mint just because of the deal they had. If i didnt like it it was just under 10 buck. Not as big as a loss as the original price

but i did get the mint flavor as thats what i smoke. I will inform you all to tge best as i can how well this product is. Right out of tge bag it does have a really strong molasses smell to it

but i did get the mint flavor as thats what i smoke. I will inform you all to tge best as i can how well this product is. Right out of tge bag it does have a really strong molasses smell to it

I got the coconut and the apple. From what it says on the tracker I should be getting the apple tomorrow. I'm actually excited to taste it, but like you said, it's only $10 if we don't like it. 

It seems weird to me that they sell it in half pound, or one pound packs instead of the usual 50g, 100g, 250g, etc. 

Yeah it's weird; half a pound or quarter  pound. Right now he's only got 4 flavors. Mint, Grape, Apple and Coconut. it's a herbal shisha like hydro herbal so I'm hoping that it tastes good and I don't have to really acclimate it like I did with the Kali Drizzle. 

So far right of the bag the mint flavor is there but the molasses is way too strong. Im going to acclimate it and see if that will work. S.N. i hate the taste of and smell of molasses so thats why im doing this might be fine for others. Also the clouds are pretty good

So far right of the bag the mint flavor is there but the molasses is way too strong. Im going to acclimate it and see if that will work. S.N. i hate the taste of and smell of molasses so thats why im doing this might be fine for others. Also the clouds are pretty good

I get my package tomorrow and I can't wait to try it out.