Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BipolarAxe

Hookahset.com Trusted Vendor or Bunch of Crooks?

Almost two weeks ago I placed an order with Hookahset.com.  They were having a sale and the price could not be beat.  I had no reservations about the purchase because they are a "Trusted Vendor" of Hookah.org.  The shipping was meh, They were poor in getting shipping information out to me in any kind of timely manner.  My package arrived by the time I got the information, five days later.  I guess the shipping was fast but they were pretty slow, so like I said, meh.  While opening my package I noticed that I had a shisha leak,  It didn't seem bad at first.  I kept unboxing, and the juices got worse.  So, while I'm wiping down my entire order I'm taking inventory.  I got everything I had ordered except for a 50 of AF Mojito, I received a 50 of AF Mint instead.  There was no explanation as to why, I just assumed the AF Mojito was out of stock.  Cool, no big deal.  Then I find the reason for the leak, it was one of my 100g cans of Haze.  I opened the can only to discover that the plastic bag has been cut open, and when I weighed it, it only weighed about 75 grams.  This leads my to believe that someone was smoking out of it.  Now I'm angry.  I go to the web page and start searching around and discover that there was quite a few bad reviews about there costumer service and there products.  If I would have seen these sooner I would not have placed my order with them.  I would have used Texas Hookah or one of the other more popular sites.  Over the past week I have sent them 7 emails expressing my concerns about how disgusting and unsanitary this was and requested a replacement for the ruined Haze shisha.  I haven't heard a single peep out of them.  That just shows me that their quality control, costumer service and their all around caring about their customers is shit. Not to mention how bad this makes them look, but it's obvious they don't care.  It seems as though they are ignoring me in hopes that I will give up and go away.  "Trusted Vendor" I think not!  I don't know what other people would do, I just know that I'm not about to smoke something that someone I don't know may have had their grubby hands in.  Would you go to your favorite restaurant and eat something that some stranger has already taken a huge bite of?  No? Well, that's how I feel about the opened shisha, gross!  I would advise people to shop around on 'The Real Trusted Vendor" sites, and STAY COMPLETELY AWAY FROM HOOKAHSET.COM!!  I would say it's better to spend a little more money to get great products and great costumer service that we all deserve.  I've learned my lesson, I will NEVER buy from Hookahset,com again!  Thanks Hookahset.com for stealing my money!  YOU BUNCH OF CROOKS!

I'm not sure how the trusted vendors work around here but they are a separate business from hookah.org. I totally understand your pain, and it sucks when no one will listen to you, but I feel like posting this here isn't going to get you heard (unfortunately).

I've heard some similar things through the grape vine about these guys but I don't have any first-hand experience. Nima is the admin around here; he might be able to point you in the right direction or might have a contact over there.

hope you get things figured out - that really sucks.

Sadly I have seen the same thing happen to so many people over and over from Hookahset, they are a horrible vendor and people still order from them because of the lower prices. I have literally never heard a good thing about them. I tell anyone I can to not order from them.

I have no idea how they became a hookah.org trusted vendor because there are threads on every hookah forum complaining about them over and over again. Stupid that they are even still open for business. 

Almost two weeks ago I placed an order with Hookahset.com.  They were having a sale and the price could not be beat.  I had no reservations about the purchase because they are a "Trusted Vendor" of Hookah.org.  The shipping was meh, They were poor in getting shipping information out to me in any kind of timely manner.  My package arrived by the time I got the information, five days later.  I guess the shipping was fast but they were pretty slow, so like I said, meh.  While opening my package I noticed that I had a shisha leak,  It didn't seem bad at first.  I kept unboxing, and the juices got worse.  So, while I'm wiping down my entire order I'm taking inventory.  I got everything I had ordered except for a 50 of AF Mojito, I received a 50 of AF Mint instead.  There was no explanation as to why, I just assumed the AF Mojito was out of stock.  Cool, no big deal.  Then I find the reason for the leak, it was one of my 100g cans of Haze.  I opened the can only to discover that the plastic bag has been cut open, and when I weighed it, it only weighed about 75 grams.  This leads my to believe that someone was smoking out of it.  Now I'm angry.  I go to the web page and start searching around and discover that there was quite a few bad reviews about there costumer service and there products.  If I would have seen these sooner I would not have placed my order with them.  I would have used Texas Hookah or one of the other more popular sites.  Over the past week I have sent them 7 emails expressing my concerns about how disgusting and unsanitary this was and requested a replacement for the ruined Haze shisha.  I haven't heard a single peep out of them.  That just shows me that their quality control, costumer service and their all around caring about their customers is shit. Not to mention how bad this makes them look, but it's obvious they don't care.  It seems as though they are ignoring me in hopes that I will give up and go away.  "Trusted Vendor" I think not!  I don't know what other people would do, I just know that I'm not about to smoke something that someone I don't know may have had their grubby hands in.  Would you go to your favorite restaurant and eat something that some stranger has already taken a huge bite of?  No? Well, that's how I feel about the opened shisha, gross!  I would advise people to shop around on 'The Real Trusted Vendor" sites, and STAY COMPLETELY AWAY FROM HOOKAHSET.COM!!  I would say it's better to spend a little more money to get great products and great costumer service that we all deserve.  I've learned my lesson, I will NEVER buy from Hookahset,com again!  Thanks Hookahset.com for stealing my money!  YOU BUNCH OF CROOKS!

I'm sorry to hear that. I'm going to email the owner of HookahSet.com and have him post a reply to your message here.

Sadly I have seen the same thing happen to so many people over and over from Hookahset, they are a horrible vendor and people still order from them because of the lower prices. I have literally never heard a good thing about them. I tell anyone I can to not order from them.

I have no idea how they became a hookah.org trusted vendor because there are threads on every hookah forum complaining about them over and over again. Stupid that they are even still open for business. 

Well, we don't have any requirements other than providing customer support by phone and providing support to our members if they ever have any issues (like this one). Trusted Stores might not have have the same quality of service as each other but I've checked their licenses and business and at least know they are not scams. We also place annonymous orders on their sites and post reviews ourselves. I know Paul placed an order on Hookahset.com last month so he'll be writing a review of them this month too. 

I'm going to give HookahSet.com a chance to reply and make this right before making any further decisions though.

I will gladly go and collect a huge list of links to threads just like this one where they have never attempted to correct the situation if it means they will no longer be a trusted vendor.

They outright send the wrong products and refuse to respond to customer service inquiries. Its unacceptable.

I hope they fix this persons problem, but it won't change my mind about them even if they do.

I will gladly go and collect a huge list of links to threads just like this one where they have never attempted to correct the situation if it means they will no longer be a trusted vendor.

They outright send the wrong products and refuse to respond to customer service inquiries. Its unacceptable.

I hope they fix this persons problem, but it won't change my mind about them even if they do.

Let's see if he responds to this thread or not. Rest assured we won't risk Hookah.org's reputation for a few dollars a month 

I'm sorry to hear that. I'm going to email the owner of HookahSet.com and have him post a reply to your message here.

I appreciate the help and concern. Although it is close to Xmas I'm not expecting any miracles.

HI I am sorry to hear that and took long to answer. usually these things don’t happen as we get on the issues as fast as we can , Unfortunately the week was black Friday cyber Monday and we took more business then we can anticipated I saw your request and I have replied to your email requesting the flavor of the one that came leaked so i can send you one right away I also ask to except my obliges for the inconvenience we usually check every can before shipping and somehow it fell through the crack please keep my contacts if you have anything to get to me

HI I am sorry to hear that and took long to answer. usually these things don’t happen as we get on the issues as fast as we can , Unfortunately the week was black Friday cyber Monday and we took more business then we can anticipated I saw your request and I have replied to your email requesting the flavor of the one that came leaked so i can send you one right away I also ask to except my obliges for the inconvenience we usually check every can before shipping and somehow it fell through the crack please keep my contacts if you have anything to get to me

Thanks for getting back to our member. I hope this gets resolved fast.

I appreciate the help and concern. Although it is close to Xmas I'm not expecting any miracles.

Let us know how it all goes. I hope your issue is resolved.

Thanks for getting back to our member. I hope this gets resolved fast.

Let us know how it all goes. I hope your issue is resolved.

It's not going well.  Now he wants a photo. I explained that it has been a week and I have not heard from him so I threw it in the trash. His words were (copied & pasted from his email) "am sorry to say we needed those pictures to open a report , at this moment we will not be able to help you out in this situation.Sorry for the inconvenience"  What am I supposed to do?  Keep it for ever in hopes that some day he will contact me.  So I dug through the garbage found the package and sent a photo.  However I have a feeling that will not be good enough for him.  There's been one excuse after another and I'm sure there will be another yet.  His apology looks good in writing but there is no sincerity in it.  How hard can it be for one person to just do the right thing?

It's not going well.  Now he wants a photo. I explained that it has been a week and I have not heard from him so I threw it in the trash. His words were (copied & pasted from his email) "am sorry to say we needed those pictures to open a report , at this moment we will not be able to help you out in this situation.Sorry for the inconvenience"  What am I supposed to do?  Keep it for ever in hopes that some day he will contact me.  So I dug through the garbage found the package and sent a photo.  However I have a feeling that will not be good enough for him.  There's been one excuse after another and I'm sure there will be another yet.  His apology looks good in writing but there is no sincerity in it.  How hard can it be for one person to just do the right thing?

Yupp, just what I always see happen with them, they make it seem like they'll fix it but they never do, or take forever to do anything. 

Yupp, just what I always see happen with them, they make it seem like they'll fix it but they never do, or take forever to do anything. 

It takes a pretty shrewd person to screw so many people over just to make a buck... and not feel bad about it at all. I guess practice makes perfect and according to all the reviews I've read, they get a lot of practice. 

BipolarAxe... this sucks for you.  And these guys should just flat-out go out of business.  They remind me of the people that work at hookah lounges when the boss isn't there; they don't care at all except to smoke some stuff.  They want to sit in the back and alienate customers and hope their boss doesn't come in unexpectedly and catch them smoking in the boss's chair in the back room.

Except the boss is no better.

It's been 4 days since you've posted this.  I understand its been the weekend, but that's still unacceptable; this should be resolved by this point.  I second Hooligan here.  I move to say these guys are goners.

After doing some review on them, it looks like there are many positive reviews out there... in 2010.  There was a bad review here or there before mid-2011.  Something changed around that time, and nearly every review 2012 and newer is horrible on them.  There was a hookahset vendor account on one of the forums I read through; he/she was active in responding to stuff for a while, then flat out stopped.  I'm guessing someone else runs the business now and is driving it into the ground.

TheEightyFour

Thanks for the support. I agree this should have been resolved already but now they have me jumping through hoops. I feel that no matter what I do it's not going to be enough please them. If that is the case I will do whatever I can to advise people of there horrible business practices and to buy from a vendor that will appreciate there business. It's a real shame, with their low prices, sale prices, and package deals they could be on of the top rated vendors in the market. Running the business the way they do will eventually alienate all hookah smokers. From the looks of the research that you have done it look like it has already started. Thanks again...

I am sorry agin

But i have contacted you directly !!!

that is an email from our online support , is a known fact that we asks to all buyer that needs to take a picture for all damaged items ,glass ,hookah or anything they get inorder for us to investigate with FedEx and get replacment going to them it might take longer then excepted but we intend to keep clients happy

Nevertheless your complaint came to me , I take care of all forum members personally ,or similar situations .

I looked at my sent emails and checked that i email you to send me a flavor that you would like instead , Nevertheless i shipped another 100g same flavor + another one free of charge for the inconvenience

Tracking # 9405516901323004472476  

Should arrive no later then tomorrow or day after 

i urge you to contact me directly if you need any thing else

[email protected]

It's similar on other forums; there's comments, questions, whatever.  They don't respond unless it's about something that will directly affect mass business.  They don't answer basic questions.

It's similar on other forums; there's comments, questions, whatever.  They don't respond unless it's about something that will directly affect mass business.  They don't answer basic questions.

yea I know, I still think they need to go, replace them with 5 star, an actual real good trusted vendor. They meet all the requirements Nima mentioned but they arent in the list.

EDIT: Actually, I just checked and they have moved to the TOP of the list since yesterday. And their discount code is now worth 25% instead of 15% like the others. How do they even make money.

I have a limited view on online ordering since I still haven't made my first ever order. I actually was thinking of ordering from hookah set but because of this I'm looking elsewhere. It is surprising seeing them give that much off, that's a heck of a deal, but they must think it will bring them more business. From seeing this post and seeing other bad reviews I can only see them being in this business purely for money without caring much for customers.

I have a limited view on online ordering since I still haven't made my first ever order. I actually was thinking of ordering from hookah set but because of this I'm looking elsewhere. It is surprising seeing them give that much off, that's a heck of a deal, but they must think it will bring them more business. From seeing this post and seeing other bad reviews I can only see them being in this business purely for money without caring much for customers.

Hookahset? Put down the mouse and slowly back away from the computer.

Yeah dude, if you're interested in buying online, spend a few extra bucks and go to hookah-shisha.  Their customer service is good (I wouldn't call it great because they're a little slow, but they've resolved my issues in the past usually within a few days), and you'll get exactly what you ordered.  And a lollipop.  You can't beat that.  Plus, they have a huge selection.  If something's out of stock, give it a week, and most of the time it'll be back in stock.

yea I know, I still think they need to go, replace them with 5 star, an actual real good trusted vendor. They meet all the requirements Nima mentioned but they arent in the list.

EDIT: Actually, I just checked and they have moved to the TOP of the list since yesterday. And their discount code is now worth 25% instead of 15% like the others. How do they even make money.

I'll be glad if 5 Start Hookah chooses to be one of our trusted vendors. I'll contact them to see if they're interested or not.