Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jHookah

Glass hookah

Question

Im looking into getting an all glass hookah and im calling out to all of you for suggestions on a good entry lvl hookah. Ive been smoking hookah for 2 years almost and have had those cheap chinese hookahs all the way up to a KM and now im hoping to expand my collection. I want to spend around 200 to 300 and i know some of these bad boys go for more

10 answers to this question

An old friend of mine had a Fumo, it smoked wonderfully and has a simple design. The Art hookah looks great and had a nifty little LED in it.

I would go with either Lavoo, Fumo, or Art Hookah. Zarah's seem nice too. But I like the looks of the Art Hookah the most. Try to get one that you can use any bowl with, you dont want to be stuck using the one that comes with it since it might not be the best bowl. Some brands sell adapters so that you can use any bowl as well.

The glass bowls that many of these hookahs come with are not good whatsoever. I hear of more people dropping the bowls altogether than actually using them. I would personally stay away from lust, fumo, and lavoo. Lust needs to perfect their glass and designs (All the reviews paul uploaded with it I found that his clouds were indeed less pronounced than with his Halzone or Magdy), and fumo/lavoo are the high end car companies of hookah. Sure they look nice but you really don't need them. This brings me to another point. Hoses.

The hoses that come with many of these brands Suck royally. They give you the cheapest thinnest black silicone and tiny glass tip. Plus in many of the models you are forced to use a silicone hose with a glass connection because a standard Egyptian won't fit the glass on glass connection.

I have found in 2 years of searching hard that the art hookah is THE glass pipe to own. You get the luxury of a well built hose but the addition of being able to use a Egyptian and no sub par vortex funnel shit bowl comes with it lol you still can use the bowls you've grown as a hookah smoker on.

Lastly the art hookah sells out each time they make them, and they have copy cats under the brand heavy hitter. Art hookah is a revolution in glass yet still functions like a sturdy km. trust me it is your best bet for a glass hookah that actually works first bowl and every bowl!

I'd recommend a few, depending on your budget:

If you can swing $200, I'd certainly go for the Art Hookah.  They are fantastic, and they're beautiful, not too big (but not too small), and relatively inexpensive on the glass hookah market (I've seen them go above $1000 easily, and most are in the $300-$400 range).  You will need to buy a bowl for it though.

If you want something that feels a little more traditional, check out Spyro.  They have their TNT stem + vase combo on thehookah.com.  I have the Aladdin vase on my KM hookah and it's beautiful and is built very well.  They also have a "monster" hookah that's more of a travel size, though I'd worry about how you'd actually clean that thing out.

The Lust Halo XL that Paul has been using in his videos is also over $200 - it runs about $270 on smokeking.com.

Round Hookah is a nice brand that HookahNuckah has reviewed in the past - I'm not crazy about their designs, but they can be had for $150-$250.

Good luck!

Thank you all and will definitely look into these brands. With the halo xl im the same way as paul an ash tray is highly demanded but i understand a lot dont have them. Once i make a decision ill let you all know

I'd still rather have a nice traditionalEgyptian km than a glass hookah

I want a glass hookah just so that I can say I have one. 

I don't really understand wanting one for the "cred" of it...

Because a lot of them are sooooooo PURDY!!!!!. I'm not sure how much more it will enhance my smoking experience, but they sure are awesome to look at.