Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ecko_1

New user from South Africa

I don't recall posting here, so this may be a little delayed. 

I have been a part of the forum for a few months already.

I am from Durban, South Africa. A beautiful coastal city that has warm weather all year round. 

I have a 3 hose Egyptian Hookah from Nakhla. I smoke alone most of the time on weekends when chilling and watching TV. I will also pull out my hookah for social events like braai's (aka Barbeque's) and car club meets.

Other interests are cycling, gym and cars. I am the Chairman of my regions chapter of the VW Club Of South Africa. So I have a particular interest in all things VAG.

Thanks. I registered a while ago but didn't post much. I've just started a new job and I'm not very busy. Being a brewery everyone is quite busy and nobody has time to show me my job. So I sit on the Internet all day or walk around the brewery.

Thanks. I registered a while ago but didn't post much. I've just started a new job and I'm not very busy. Being a brewery everyone is quite busy and nobody has time to show me my job. So I sit on the Internet all day or walk around the brewery.

Sounds nice lol why would they hire someone if there's no one to train you that's dumb.

Shut up jen..:), I actually am jealous of him, getting paid to troll the internet and walk around. Damn can you put in a good word for me buddy, I need a new job

Shut up jen.. :), I actually am jealous of him, getting paid to troll the internet and walk around. Damn can you put in a good word for me buddy, I need a new job

Yea I guess I am weird like that, I hate going to work and having nothing to do. Even though I'm getting paid to do nothing lol 

Hey, im just glad you didnt get offended by me telling you to shut up, after I.read it I was like...ya know, that sounds better vocally than when your reading just words, oh shit I hope she gets my intent

Sounds nice lol why would they hire someone if there's no one to train you that's dumb.

I am a CA (SA), which is basically a CPA. in my previous job I was on a 3 month notice period. My employer was willing to let me go earlier, so my new company had to take me when I was available (my profile is something well sought after by companies). I started in December, which is obviously a breweries busiest time of the year with all the festivities going on. So no one has the capacity to train me. Fortunately the person I am replacing is still employed at the brewery in another capacity, and is doing the work I will be doing when I learn. 

Damn I need a job like that!

Its quiet for now. Once im in the swing of things I will be quite busy.People need their beer.

Correctish. SABMiller.

And I've just moved offices. Turns out the smoking room is about 10 metres from my office, and is enclosed. I think I may buy a cheap pumkpin Hookah to leave in my office for the occassional lunch time hookah session.

Correctish. SABMiller.

And I've just moved offices. Turns out the smoking room is about 10 metres from my office, and is enclosed. I think I may buy a cheap pumkpin Hookah to leave in my office for the occassional lunch time hookah session.

Haha I do the same thing

So you've got lekker beer connections bru?  :D

Sort of. 7 free cases in December. Free beer every month

What do you mean sort off! that's way unfair hahaha  :lol: