Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest boxoldnn

Water in hoses

Question

Guest boxoldnn

Hey, I just had a quick question about hose cleaning. I see that on the website you recommend cleaning hoses with water pressure and even soaking them -- on another website I visited yesterday it said that you shouldn't do that unless they are sold as washable hoses. Does it not really matter? Are they just trying to get people to buy new hoses?

I had always washed mine out in the tub and had no problems with them...

6 answers to this question

Guest AsDaylightDies

well, I soak mine as well, the only reason i would think that they would say that is because water MIGHT weaken the materials used to make the hose.

never had a problem with mine *knocks on wood*

I always run water from the sink through them and blow the water out. Also, the BEST way I've found is after running water through them, fold it into a loop holding both open ends in your hand, and beat the loop part on a wall or on the sole of your shoe. This knocks all the debris loose so you can rinse it out. Make the loop again further down the hose and repeat. Do this several times. You'll be amazed at how much shit is in there that you didn't even know was there.

To dry them, I always simply hold the middle and swing the ends around in a circular motion, one at a time. Be careful if you do this inside an enclosed area, because you could break things. :)

Then hang it up by the middle, letting the water drain out of the ends.

I think the most important thing is to wash the hookah (including the hose), right after smoking. because when you leave it for a while, it is harder to clean it.

Guest Roomys

i know this might sound strange to the "elderly" smokers of hookah pipes,but from day one i have never used the conventional pipe to smoke through, instead i use piping for fish tanks from your common DIY or hardware shop.

Why i hear you ask?!, because it is see through and you can pick up if there is water inside also the color of the pipe after a few times using with go a redish brown indicating its time for a clean or time to replace it, it never frays like most animal hide pipes and it doesnt absorb the flavour of other tobaccos if washed regularly.

As for cleaning the Hookah i have another weird feeling about them, i dont clean my water for at least 3 month intervals, this is because i only smoke 1 flavour and i find the smoke is richer and thicker if the water is not cleaned for a while. Just a thought :)

Roomys

Smoking Since 2004

Im not sure about the pipe you use, but I definitely think you should change the water more often.

For many reason mainly that fresh water helps for a smoother smoke and also cooler new water helps for better smoke (of course you can fix that by adding ice to the old water).

But I personally don't like the old smoke and flavor to stay in my hookah, because I like the fresh smoke.

Guest Roomys
Im not sure about the pipe you use, but I definitely think you should change the water more often.

For many reason mainly that fresh water helps for a smoother smoke and also cooler new water helps for better smoke (of course you can fix that by adding ice to the old water).

But I personally don't like the old smoke and flavor to stay in my hookah, because I like the fresh smoke.

This is completely true and i i could not agree more with you, but personally i prefer the build of nicotine in the water as it amplifies the heaviness of the smokem mine never gets "hot" so it doesnt burn but the smoke is much stronger and satisfies the craving i have, i am YES highly addicted to it :)