Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

alex in beijing

Help me identify these two Egyptian hookahs

Question

So I live in Beijing,China and hookahs are extremely cheap and usually ppl are not interested in Egyptian hookahs or good imported hookahs, so it's impossible to find something good so I asked my local vendor to get me two Khalil mamoons from Egypt (lol the guy didn't even know hookahs could be branded) so Ye he came back and brought me these two different designs from a local Egyptian vendor back in Cairo. But they are not km's I'm just wandering what brand could these be? And are they really worth 150$ each cus that's the price he's giving me with washable hose, Egyptian bowl, and base includedpost-9607-0-40216700-1419610092_thumb.jppost-9607-0-45098900-1419610124_thumb.jp

The first two look like al fakher solid hookah copies. Not KM whatsoever. I'm 100% positive.

The other four are not KM's. They look to be either shika brand or copy of shika, maybe just a high end unbranded Egyptian hookah. Km doesn't engrave like that on anything. 

Km is also a status symbol over there, many won't buy it because of the cost and other hookahs already look & smoke about the same because the craftsman ship is higher.

Overall I'd pick one of the four and cut off that gypsy looking crap on the ash tray. I bet it smokes well but who knows, I only buy KM because they last and for 150 you can get a damn fine KM that you know is real.

I had many a Chinese hookah and they have all been shit. Hopefully these models are not Chinese hookahs in disguise.

I dont think any of those are KM like Dude said, but to know for sure, can you post a picture of the top of the tray rest without the tray on? Maybe we can figure out what they are, but my guess is that they are just no name egyptian pipes, which isnt always bad, they could still be great hookahs just without a fancy name. As long as they smoke well, it doesn't really matter the brand. 

I would check to see what the downstem is made out of if I were you, if its copper or brass, then buy it, it will last forever and ever. If its just stainless steel or plated, then I would still buy it, but not for that price. 

I knew they weren't km's I'm pretty sure they're not Chinese since the guy showed me the pictures of him buying them in Egypt I'm just wandering if they are worth buying I'm still stuck with a rusty Chinese hookah since that's all u can find here

So I live in Beijing,China and hookahs are extremely cheap and usually ppl are not interested in Egyptian hookahs or good imported hookahs, so it's impossible to find something good so I asked my local vendor to get me two Khalil mamoons from Egypt (lol the guy didn't even know hookahs could be branded) so Ye he came back and brought me these two different designs from a local Egyptian vendor back in Cairo. But they are not km's I'm just wandering what brand could these be? And are they really worth 150$ each cus that's the price he's giving me with washable hose, Egyptian bowl, and base includedattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

The stems in the first picture look like a Faridian design, but they can't be because of the ball at the end of the stem. It doesn't look like anything Faridian would make. 

The stems in the first picture look like a Faridian design, but they can't be because of the ball at the end of the stem. It doesn't look like anything Faridian would make.

Lool that's exactly what I thought.. The hose port and the purge valve doesn't look like farida's tho

A lot better than this Chinese cheap stuff I had before. The guy that brought them here was actually not my vendor but his friend, and turns out he is a Khalil mamoon collectioner and owns about 20 km hookahs he didn't want to sell em to me tho

post-9607-0-30551100-1419993948_thumb.jp

Oh it looks just like a popular KM base that I see around a lot. Have you smoked with the new hookah yet?

Yes twice it works nice the only thing I don't like about it is the ball bearing in the purge valve it's to heavy and it's hard to purge with it I want to replace it with a plastic bi I or something...

Yes twice it works nice the only thing I don't like about it is the ball bearing in the purge valve it's to heavy and it's hard to purge with it I want to replace it with a plastic bi I or something...

Yes a Bb or one from an airsoft gun will work.

Very nice looking hookahs, can't tell wether Km or any other Egyptian because they are very smilar take a picture of the tray holder that might give you a clue

Very nice looking hookahs, can't tell wether Km or any other Egyptian because they are very smilar take a picture of the tray holder that might give you a clue

the engravings are not from km (i dont see the km leaf anywhere) theres just an egyptian hieroglyph-like  Pharaoh and arab writting... ill get a picture later (not at home)

here is the picture of the ashtray holder, it also comes in three screwable parts which is unusual, first downstem chamber and  ports, middle part and top part (tray holder), traditional chamber, the pipe is clearly handmade, stainless steel downstem, and the engravings look exactly like the ones found on the farida abu trika