Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nima

Say Hello to the new Social Smoke Page

They look awesome. The only minor problem I see is if you did this for a brand like nakhla or al fakher that has tons of flavors, it could make for a lot of scrolling to get to the extra info at the bottom. I really like how it looks though, we need to get some people to start rating flavors for sure.

They look awesome. The only minor problem I see is if you did this for a brand like nakhla or al fakher that has tons of flavors, it could make for a lot of scrolling to get to the extra info at the bottom. I really like how it looks though, we need to get some people to start rating flavors for sure.

Speaking of this actually. I just tried rating a flavor and it's still having issues with the "buzz" category, its not an option in the form you fill out yet somehow it ends up filled in for you. I rated shisha fruits raspberry - http://www.hookah.org/decloud-raspberry-shisha-fruits-review/

There shouldn't be any rating for buzz because they don't give you a buzz, no tobacco or nicotine = no buzz. So some how it is putting in a number for that but I'm not sure from where.

I was going to rate a bunch more flavors but I'm not going to do that until the form is fixed because I dont want to put bad information out there.

Speaking of this actually. I just tried rating a flavor and it's still having issues with the "buzz" category, its not an option in the form you fill out yet somehow it ends up filled in for you. I rated shisha fruits raspberry - http://www.hookah.org/decloud-raspberry-shisha-fruits-review/

There shouldn't be any rating for buzz because they don't give you a buzz, no tobacco or nicotine = no buzz. So some how it is putting in a number for that but I'm not sure from where.

I was going to rate a bunch more flavors but I'm not going to do that until the form is fixed because I dont want to put bad information out there.

Thanks for pointing it out. I'll have the developer who made the plugin fix that by adding a "Buzz Rating" option in the "Submit You Rating" part. For things like Shisha Fruits people can put "0". 

I've asked him (the developer) to give me a quote on having "Sorting" options too. So you can sort by flavor accuracy or overall rating. 

Perhaps if there are too many flavors we can put the flavor boxes at the end of the page but keep in mind this page is serving as the Company Profile page and the Category page for that shisha at the same time.

I've completely deleted the Social Smoke and Shisha Fruits categories. The only way to browse for those flavors is through these new pages. 

I've asked him (the developer) to give me a quote on having "Sorting" options too. So you can sort by flavor accuracy or overall rating. 

Perhaps if there are too many flavors we can put the flavor boxes at the end of the page but keep in mind this page is serving as the Company Profile page and the Category page for that shisha at the same time.

I've completely deleted the Social Smoke and Shisha Fruits categories. The only way to browse for those flavors is through these new pages. 

Yea, either way the page will be really long, I guess you just need to find the best order to put the stuff in. Put the things that people will want to see the most at the top and then work downwards. 

When will the pages like that be out for the other brands? No rush, it just makes it much easier to rate the flavors because I can find them in a few seconds rather than clicking around all over the place.

When will the pages like that be out for the other brands? No rush, it just makes it much easier to rate the flavors because I can find them in a few seconds rather than clicking around all over the place.

I'm planning to convert two or three brands a week. I'm also working on the new Beginner Hookah guides page and a few other "hub" pages. 

We've come to a point that we actually have too many GOOD articles so I want to improve our navigation and other ways for visitors to find those articles. 

The Tangiers page says "there are three lines:" then procedes to list 4 (though Lucid is truly out), and burley is missing.

Just made that change.

Would you please write a few sentences describing the Tangiers Birquq and few lines for Tangiers Burly?

Thanks

Just made that change.

Would you please write a few sentences describing the Tangiers Birquq and few lines for Tangiers Burly?

Thanks

Already done!  

Awesome. Do I have your permission to combine that into our article? 

Wow I'm loving the new pages and the sorting. Things are definitely looking better and better for the site. :)