Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wvloony

My review of Alsultan iraqi restaurant and hookah cafe.

Well I finally got to spend some time here today. And it was a wonderful experience. First let me describe the place. Its a very open place, not a few small rooms. They have normal seating around the outer walls in the middle, they have like a wicker sofa and coffee table. The back of the main room is their arabic style seating.

Ordered the house blend, in the hookah, very flavorful. The hookah was a Babylonian hookah, a large floor model, only downside was the use qls.

The food was good, tried fatoosh, and some baba ganoush. The major selling point is that everything, total bill was 25 bucks...yeah im going back

post-8941-14204199842657_thumb.jpg

post-8941-1420419999643_thumb.jpg

post-8941-14204202169704_thumb.jpg

Nice!  Besides the quick lights, sounds like a great experience.  And, unlike a lot of places, it sounds like the food (which they actually had - I'm sick of hookah lounges/bars/whatever not having food) was authentic.

Nice. I like the traditional section.

One of the main reasons I dont go to lounges is they charge way too much for a hookah ($18, $25, and higher) which looks like thats not the case here. 

Oh no, they only charge $12 for a hookah, the first cup of either tea or coffee is complimentary. The only thing on their menu that was not authentic cuisine was french fries. There flavor selection was limited, but I believe rhat was due to there holding to a more traditional/authentic feel. I do also believe that the proprietors are iraqi American, so their desire was to create an atmosphere more to their liking and not the westernized hookah bar style. I also am pleased with the fact that, 1 they dont sell any hookahs or related products. And 2 not a single piece of "glass" to be seen. That showed me that to them its all about the food, the nargile, and the culture.

wow that looks like a very relaxing place. Would love to go there and have a smoke. 

Oh it is, I cant wait to go back and enjoy it again, would love to sit and pick er I mean do a quick q&a with the owner