Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jHookah

Wooden Hookahs

Question

Does anyone know of a website that sells wooden hookahs(or at least a place that sells a wooden hookah stem)? A friend of mine said they are amazing and i would like to try one out. 

5 answers to this question

Regal makes custom wood ones with stainless steel downstems. They have a website with the specifications. I know for a fact hookah-shisha.com has them though

Shisha kings from brazil also make a nice wood adorned stem with a stainless steel tube. 5starhookah.com has those in the made in brazil section.

Omar hookah recently came out with a cherry wood and steel adorned hookah at 5star as well.

Also madera makes full wood hookahs with bamboo downstems for about a hundred less than the other two above. 5star stocks those online. Pretty things but I'm unsure if bamboo would ghost/clean well.

Hope that helps, regal is the most well known.

It's great that modern brands are bringing back the original types of hookah.

Regal makes custom wood ones with stainless steel downstems. They have a website with the specifications. I know for a fact hookah-shisha.com has them though

Shisha kings from brazil also make a nice wood adorned stem with a stainless steel tube. 5starhookah.com has those in the made in brazil section.

Omar hookah recently came out with a cherry wood and steel adorned hookah at 5star as well.

Also madera makes full wood hookahs with bamboo downstems for about a hundred less than the other two above. 5star stocks those online. Pretty things but I'm unsure if bamboo would ghost/clean well.

Hope that helps, regal is the most well known.

It's great that modern brands are bringing back the original types of hookah.

thanks for the info i will look into those site. Im looking for a all wood hookah though so ill look at madera first

thanks for the info i will look into those site. Im looking for a all wood hookah though so ill look at madera first

Just be aware that wood is very absorbent.  If you purchase a hookah where the downstem is made from wood (and not metal), it will more than likely absorb flavors, which means every bowl you smoke will ghost it pretty much indefinitely.  If there's any sort of internal finish/sealant on the downstem to prevent this, it'll wear off eventually from use, and then you'll have the same problem.  You'll have to stick to one flavor or one family of flavors.  Like smoking mint, but are interesting in trying out a new, exotic coffee-guava-beer-bacon hookah blend?  You won't want to use this, or every bowl of mint you smoke afterwards will taste like... whatever that weird exotic mix is.

I'd definitely recommend Regal for that very reason - they're phenomenal hookahs (from what I've heard), and they have stainless steel downstems, not to mention they're beautiful.  You won't have a one-trick pony that way.

Just be aware that wood is very absorbent. If you purchase a hookah where the downstem is made from wood (and not metal), it will more than likely absorb flavors, which means every bowl you smoke will ghost. I'd definitely recommend Regal for that very reason - they're phenomenal hookahs (from what I've heard). You won't have a one-trick pony that way.

thank you for the tip but thats a big reason i would like one. I am exspanding my hookah collection so i have one for pan. For mint aka the wood hookah and another for mild flavours

thank you for the tip but thats a big reason i would like one. I am exspanding my hookah collection so i have one for pan. For mint aka the wood hookah and another for mild flavours

That's pretty dope dude