Razerline

Ice in the Base, or ice hose?

Question

Iv been looking around and it seems there are a lot of ways to cool smoke. What is your favorite way? I know both ways would be best but i want to see which one way everyone enjoys! 

13 answers to this question

I have a hookah that has an ice tray built in under the ashtray. That is my preferred way of cooling smoke but if I didn't have that I would go with ice in the base

I have a hookah that has an ice tray built in under the ashtray. That is my preferred way of cooling smoke but if I didn't have that I would go with ice in the base

Can you send me a link to one? i may have to end up getting that since my base's opening is to small for ice >.<

Im looking at it and i don't see how it works. Can you explain for me please?

That large bell shaped area under the tray is hollow. So when you take off the tray you can put ice inside. The ice lasts for roughly an hour before it melts in there.

It works just like putting ice in the base. Except that it doesn't affect water levels and more can be added mid session

Ice hoses are weird. You can't leave them in the freezer all day. You have to plan out a session almost 4 hours ahead so that it can freeze long enough. At least ice itself you can leave there.

Ice chiller hookahs are THE way to go. I don't own one but they look very appealing and smoke well, most models of Egyptian hookahs will have a standard model then the chiller model anyway.

That large bell shaped area under the tray is hollow. So when you take off the tray you can put ice inside. The ice lasts for roughly an hour before it melts in there.

It works just like putting ice in the base. Except that it doesn't affect water levels and more can be added mid session

yes but does it cool the smoke as it goes down the mid pipe? 

Of course it does. It does an amazing job at chilling the smoke.

Ok ill have to get it. I love cooled smoke even in the winter. 

Ok ill have to get it. I love cooled smoke even in the winter.

As do I. Which was the exact reason I got this hookah. I recommend using those plastic ice cubes that are filled with water. They don't melt so no messy cleanup and are reusable. I keep two bags in my freezer so I can have a good couple hours of chilled smoke Edited by chernobyl
  • Like 2

I might would suggest looking into something like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Cubette-Mini-Ice-Cube-Trays/dp/B000I1ZXIK

I've got something similar here for my first hookah, a chinese with a rather small vase.  Sure, they melt a little faster, but you end up with something akin to crushed ice.  And, depending on how much you put in your vase, can act as a diffuser (at least until it melts).

• Like 1

I agree with chernobyl on the ash tray as the best form of cooling, we normally use Ice tips at my hookah lounge and I find that it takes away from the flavor too much.

Absolutely.

• Like 1