Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HookahHooligan

Starbuzz "Dark Leaf" Tobacco??

Question

I caught wind of this promo image on Starbuzz's facebook page, looks like they will be trying their hand at some dark leaf tobacco. No word on if it will be like Tangiers or something else but color me intrigued. I am always curious about new stuff though, what are your thoughts?

I cant find any info on it other than this image, I guess they have just announced it. I'll keep an eye out for any new intel lol

8 answers to this question

I saw that earlier myself.  I'm guessing they announced it at TPC (I have no idea why it's TPC, when it's the Tobacco Plus Expo, but I digress), which is going on right now.  To me, this sounds exciting.  Starbuzz, no matter how much you like or dislike them, has flavors that are very bold and distinct.  You know when there's Starbuzz in the bowl.  Hopefully, they bring some bold flavors to this line.

I'll definitely give this a try, but it'll have a hard time trying to beat out Tangiers.

I saw that earlier myself.  I'm guessing they announced it at TPC (I have no idea why it's TPC, when it's the Tobacco Plus Expo, but I digress), which is going on right now.  To me, this sounds exciting.  Starbuzz, no matter how much you like or dislike them, has flavors that are very bold and distinct.  You know when there's Starbuzz in the bowl.  Hopefully, they bring some bold flavors to this line.

I'll definitely give this a try, but it'll have a hard time trying to beat out Tangiers.

I think it was originally called tobacco plus convention(thats a giant guess lol). But yes they probably announced it there first. Odd that I havent seen anyone talking about it before this though, I follow a lot of people who were there and even at the starbuzz booth and didnt see anything about it.

And I agree, starbuzz does have some good flavors that are unique, which is why Im curious to see what they do with this. I'm assuming its going to be an unwashed tobacco, and not actual dark leaf(usually called black leaf), but we'll see. I dont think they can top tangiers but they certainly can try.

I think it was originally called tobacco plus convention(thats a giant guess lol). But yes they probably announced it there first. Odd that I havent seen anyone talking about it before this though, I follow a lot of people who were there and even at the starbuzz booth and didnt see anything about it.

And I agree, starbuzz does have some good flavors that are unique, which is why Im curious to see what they do with this. I'm assuming its going to be an unwashed tobacco, and not actual dark leaf(usually called black leaf), but we'll see. I dont think they can top tangiers but they certainly can try.

Yeah, it didn't seem to have as much press this year.  Last year it was a huge deal - things like the Hookafina black leaf came out, Titanium coals, the 80ft bowl, a lot of people were hyping it up.  This year, not so much.

I'm a guitar player, so I follow what goes on at the NAMM (National Association of Music Merchants) convention as well, which was last week.  Also, mostly a yawn fest.  A few new cool things, but nothing I was super excited about.  Meh.

Anyway, back to topic, I think, if they're labeling it "dark leaf," it will probably be more along the lines of a Nakhla Mizo.  I think, their "twice the buzz" slogan means it's probably unwashed or only lightly washed, and not a super-strong black tobacco like Tangiers is.

Yeah, it didn't seem to have as much press this year.  Last year it was a huge deal - things like the Hookafina black leaf came out, Titanium coals, the 80ft bowl, a lot of people were hyping it up.  This year, not so much.

I'm a guitar player, so I follow what goes on at the NAMM (National Association of Music Merchants) convention as well, which was last week.  Also, mostly a yawn fest.  A few new cool things, but nothing I was super excited about.  Meh.

Anyway, back to topic, I think, if they're labeling it "dark leaf," it will probably be more along the lines of a Nakhla Mizo.  I think, their "twice the buzz" slogan means it's probably unwashed or only lightly washed, and not a super-strong black tobacco like Tangiers is.

I saw tons of people posting about it but it was mostly just selfies and meet ups and stuff. Nothing about new products. But there is no lack of good products being released, I think for some reason they just dont seem to be getting much attention at the convention. I did catch a few things though, Regal has a new smaller stem coming out, called the prince that actually looks like it will be offered with some different woods as well. Zarah has some new models, but the glass ones all look the same to me so what do I know lol

And then the titanium cubes, but we already knew about those. I'm wondering if Hookah John will give more info about his new hookahs now that they were likely shown off at TPC. 

I caught wind of this promo image on Starbuzz's facebook page, looks like they will be trying their hand at some dark leaf tobacco. No word on if it will be like Tangiers or something else but color me intrigued. I am always curious about new stuff though, what are your thoughts?

I cant find any info on it other than this image, I guess they have just announced it. I'll keep an eye out for any new intel lol

Have you found anything about it on Instagram? I know that you are active on there. 

Have you found anything about it on Instagram? I know that you are active on there. 

I dunno. I'm sure they probably posted the same image on instagram lol