Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sweetshisha

Tobacco leaf shredding

Question

Hi guys,

I have no idea where to put this to I am going to put it here.

I would like to know if anyone has an idea of how I can shred tobacco leafs into finer strands to use in roll your own cigs. As in is there a decent automatic electric machine which ca get the job done. Ive seen some small manual ones but the are tiny, lol.

Thanks

SS

11 answers to this question

I have no idea. I buy leaves to use in shisha every few months but I and other users here don't need to cut them up like a cig, I even stay away from shisha that has them (argelini, fantasia, the older cut of Haze). I don't smoke those cancer sticks so I have no clue how to help.

what do you need to cut the leaves into strips for? Maybe we can help with that.

Dude, I'm pretty sure a typical tobacco cut for cigars, pipes, and cigarettes is more strip-like.  Thus why the cut.

sweetshisha - I've been to Miami and talked to some of the guys on the street in Little Havana where they roll their own cigars.  They usually have a blade like this one:

https://www.leafonly.com/cigar-tobacco-leaf/tobacco-accessories/chaveta-knife-cigar-cutter?classurl=chavetta_cigar_leaf_cutter

...and a board with a slight inner bevel to it (but that just might be from years of use).  Then you just roll your hand back and forth over the tobacco until you get your desired cut.  I can't imagine it'd be hard, but I've never had experience with it, and, I'm sure, just like anything else, you won't be great at it the first time.  A machined method would probably be very expensive, but, I've never seen anything smaller than the machines they have at Philip Morris.

I'm also only stating this on the basis of what I know from cigars.  Good luck.

I saw somebody on instagram put the shisha in a container and then take a pair of sheers and cut them up some more right in the container... just a thought. 

Hi

Thanks for the above info. My main focus is on making shisha flavours but just was thinking about if its possible to shred the leaves smaller into strands to make cigs that you roll yourself. anyways, nevermind! make to my main focus! thanks

Oh for shisha it's however you want. You don't have any set method on cutting. The way you cut it will depend on how you pack it though.

But yes for cigs you would need to cut it a certain way. i have no idea how to do it lol I have no interest! I'm a hookah dude

How about getting tobacco's from popular reseller like [sPAMMER]

How about not spamming our forum?