Nima

New Giveaway Idea Thread

oh yeah the fruit head hookah is a great idea. That will motivate me to use my pumpkin head that I haven't used yet lol 

Our April giveaway is turning out to be really good with all the new YouTube viewers entering it. 

Let's keep the momentum going with another good giveaway. What are your suggestions? Ideally it should be simple and fun to enter

• Like 1

I'd like to hear what types and brands of bowls people use. Paul's videos are awesome, but he tends to stick to his typical bowls and, especially as a beginner, I sometimes feel I'm in a different boat. I'd like to see a review and proper packing of something like a Social Smoke Hemi bowl, or even the standard MYA bowl. Hey, someone out there is using one!

• Like 3

I'd like to hear what types and brands of bowls people use. Paul's videos are awesome, but he tends to stick to his typical bowls and, especially as a beginner, I sometimes feel I'm in a different boat. I'd like to see a review and proper packing of something like a Social Smoke Hemi bowl, or even the standard MYA bowl. Hey, someone out there is using one!

So a contest on the different type of bowls out there that people use? 

So a contest on the different type of bowls out there that people use? 

Maybe, pack a bowl and take three pictures of it? (before packing, packed with no foil, after packing and foil)

• Like 1

Maybe, pack a bowl and take three pictures of it? (before packing, packed with no foil, after packing and foil)

Yeah I can see that. I personally only own 4 but I use the same 3 bowls and rotate them as I use them and wash them. So if I smoke out of my vortex tonight, I'll wash it and let it sit to dry. Then the next night I use the Funnel and repeat the process. 

The April contest has really prove itself to be a great hit, so we have to be diligent in picking the right contest for May. 

• Like 1

Soon i'll have a fumari bowl to compare to an alien and 80 feet. I can definitely provide some packing insight once I have it. That being said I hardly ever use a phunnel. I can see this being a good contest because Egyptian/hemis are the most widely used bowls. I'm always watching egy packing tutorials. My entry would be a phunnel packing probably wetter like tangiers or fumari then adding a section for a nakhla style pack in my egy maybe even af packing since not everyone gets how to do it.

This site has always boasted more in depth reviews and information, this contest seems to only further this. I'm down for the idea completely

• Like 3

The after shot with foil should also include holes. So we can see everyone's method/pattern.

Yeah I can see that. I personally only own 4 but I use the same 3 bowls and rotate them as I use them and wash them. So if I smoke out of my vortex tonight, I'll wash it and let it sit to dry. Then the next night I use the Funnel and repeat the process. 

The April contest has really prove itself to be a great hit, so we have to be diligent in picking the right contest for May. 

I own 7 bowls and I almost always use my phunnel. My stargate hookah has a male/Syrian style bowl which was a bit of a pain to find in a local store. 

• Like 1

If we're looking for something as ultra-simple to enter as the last contest, we could even just post our top 3 bowls. Would be a way to see what our members are using, like we just did with brands and flavors of tobacco. A number of people would probably also provide more detail (and/or pictures) like they did for April.

• Like 1

If we're looking for something as ultra-simple to enter as the last contest, we could even just post our top 3 bowls. Would be a way to see what our members are using, like we just did with brands and flavors of tobacco. A number of people would probably also provide more detail (and/or pictures) like they did for April.

You know that's not a bad idea at all. That way we can see what they have for future how to guides and reviews

• Like 2

I agree with the post above. For the next giveaway. Comment what bowl you are using and why that is the best bowl on the market right now. This could also gice Paul some ideas to review bowls as most of his reviews are on shisha which i still like

• Like 2

if I smoke out of my vortex tonight, I'll wash it and let it sit to dry. Then the next night I use the Funnel and repeat the process..

That's how I am with my pipes dd haha

• Like 1

That's how I am with my pipes dd haha

LOL I need more pipes to be able to do that. my first hookah is harder to clean than my social smoke right so I use that one the most. When I get another one I'm sure I'll do the same thing. Hell, I even do that with my hoses. I hang them on the office door and after I wash them I put them to the right and grab from the left on my next session. I'm weird like that. 

Time for another giveaway guys. What should we have for the month of June?

• Like 2

Not sure what to come up with. I've been toying with the idea that perhaps some sort of contest of posting a picture of yourself holding/smoking your hookah anywhere. Nothing particular just an active hookah and smoke. However I feel that's more geared for overseas fans that like to post pictures of themselves smoking. 

I say I've been toying with that idea because some fans/readers lately have been emailing their photos of their hookahs through the Facebook page asking if I can post it on our page for them. I started doing so this month and that's what got me thinking about that idea. 

That's all I have for right now, but I have been thinking for a few days what else I can think of that might get everybody's juices flowing for ideas. :) 

• Like 1

Not sure what to come up with. I've been toying with the idea that perhaps some sort of contest of posting a picture of yourself holding/smoking your hookah anywhere. Nothing particular just an active hookah and smoke. However I feel that's more geared for overseas fans that like to post pictures of themselves smoking. 

I say I've been toying with that idea because some fans/readers lately have been emailing their photos of their hookahs through the Facebook page asking if I can post it on our page for them. I started doing so this month and that's what got me thinking about that idea. 

That's all I have for right now, but I have been thinking for a few days what else I can think of that might get everybody's juices flowing for ideas. :)

What about a promotion contest - share a Facebook post from hookah.org?  You can track who shares what posts, and if something's shared X amount of times, the winner gets whatever the contest winnings are.  It'd be a good way to promote the forums.  Or share, and require a hashtag and the user's forum screen name, which would mean someone would have to sign up on the forums :)

• Like 1

What about a promotion contest - share a Facebook post from hookah.org?  You can track who shares what posts, and if something's shared X amount of times, the winner gets whatever the contest winnings are.  It'd be a good way to promote the forums.  Or share, and require a hashtag and the user's forum screen name, which would mean someone would have to sign up on the forums :)

Yeah I thought something like that but I think all interactions should be limited to hookah.org for now. The point was to bring in active members. If people post on other social networks on behalf of hookah.org then it will take away from our forums. At least that's my personal opinion. There are hardcore Facebook users that no matter how much I tell them to just come and chat on the forum they still communicate via Facebook only. We want to take them away from there and into our forums. 

• Like 1

Yeah I thought something like that but I think all interactions should be limited to hookah.org for now. The point was to bring in active members. If people post on other social networks on behalf of hookah.org then it will take away from our forums. At least that's my personal opinion. There are hardcore Facebook users that no matter how much I tell them to just come and chat on the forum they still communicate via Facebook only. We want to take them away from there and into our forums. 

I guess what I was getting at was share it on Facebook and mention your username on hookah.org in the message.  Something like a little advert photo with the text:

Look me up on Hookah.org - My screen name is ___ #hookahorgjuly2015

This way, we can make them at least sign up.

On Facebook though, it would be great if we would syndicate more of our posts.  I never see any comments on them (I don't comment on nearly anything on Facebook), and it would be a great point of discussion.  Or even point users to the "Smoking Right Now" thread on "I'm loading up a bowl of..." posts.

• Like 2

Who won?

I have't announced the winners yet. I will by end of the week.

I guess what I was getting at was share it on Facebook and mention your username on hookah.org in the message.  Something like a little advert photo with the text:

On Facebook though, it would be great if we would syndicate more of our posts.  I never see any comments on them (I don't comment on nearly anything on Facebook), and it would be a great point of discussion.  Or even point users to the "Smoking Right Now" thread on "I'm loading up a bowl of..." posts.

Yea, we can do something like share one of our articles on Facebook or Google+ and then mention it in a thread. I can give 10 or 15 hookah.org magnets away. 

• Like 1

Ah yes I see what you mean now. I can see how it could work. 

• Like 2

You actually can't see everyone who shares it, only if they have their privacy settings set to allow others to see what they share. But that is still a cool contest idea.

• Like 1