Nima

New Giveaway Idea Thread

I think this idea should be accepting of twitter or instagram posts as well. I personally don't have a facebook nor google+ just my opinion because I'd love to enter.

• Like 2

I think this idea should be accepting of twitter or instagram posts as well. I personally don't have a facebook nor google+ just my opinion because I'd love to enter.

yeah I've been thinking about that as well. Maybe we can have a contest for each social media somehow, Or promote them on all media but have them come to the forums so that we can track them easier. 

• Like 2

I think we're gonna wait until July before having our next giveaway. I need to catch up with all my work before starting something new. Sorry for the delays everyone

• Like 2

I think we're gonna wait until July before having our next giveaway. I need to catch up with all my work before starting something new. Sorry for the delays everyone

No worries Nima, handle what you have to handle and we'll pick up the contest next month. Did we end up picking a plan for the next contest? 

Edited by dd0723

No worries Nima, handle what you have to handle and we'll pick up the contest next month. Did we end up picking a plan for the next contest? 

Not yet. Lets see if I can manage to have the new blog design done by then. If so then we'll do something related to that. 

• Like 1

No worries Nima.  The forum will continue with or without a giveaway.  :)

• Like 4

I want to have a giveaway asking everyone to post "One thing they like about the new design and one thing that they don't".

In return for the feedback i want to give either 10 hookah.org coffee mugs, or 10 hookah.org mouse pads, or a 100 hookah.org magnets. The items will be give out by random selection (with the third option almost everyone will get something in mail). Which do you prefer? 

• Like 1

I think the mugs would be a better prize. While mouse pads and magnets are useful, everyone appreciates a new mug.

• Like 2

You guys are not making it easy for me. I'll go with coffee mugs this time and magnets next time. 

• Like 1

Im not a coffee drinker so the mug would have no use to me i would rather have the magnets or mouse pads

You can always do what I do and use it for vodka as well. :thumbsup: :evildancingbanana:

• Like 1

Alright, time to decide the theme for our next giveaway. I have really good sponsors lined up. I think I can get a nice hookah as a prize plus some smaller items. 

Any suggestions for the theme? It can also be "Instagram focused" or another social media focused giveaway. 

• Like 1

Alright, time to decide the theme for our next giveaway. I have really good sponsors lined up. I think I can get a nice hookah as a prize plus some smaller items. 

Any suggestions for the theme? It can also be "Instagram focused" or another social media focused giveaway. 

If we go the "Instagram" route, it seems that the most popular type of contest is to follow and repost certain pictures or the most likes or the most comments or something of the like related to Instagram. We can have a contest where the person HAS TO follow us on either Instagram/facebook/twitter AND MUST BE A MEMBER OF THE FORUM. The post can ask members to comment on the picture with their forum screen name so we can verify the validity of their entry. 

We can also just ask them to repost it as many times as they want and the more they post it the higher their chance to win. 

That's all I can think of right now for the next contest. I'll post other ideas as I think about them. 

How about a large video contest? If I can find close to $400 worth of prizes for three winners. To enter you have to create a holiday hookah music video. 

Edited by Nima
  • Like 2

I think we'll wait until after Thanksgiving to post the new giveaway. In the meantime I'll get the prizes and graphics ready for it. 

• Like 1

I have secured TexasHookah.com and Smoking-Hookah.com to sponsor a combined prize pool of $500 worth of products. Questions for you guys:

1) How many prizes should we have?

2) Browse the two websites and give me suggestions on what prizes you actually like to see for the upcoming giveaway

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tonyboy said:

What if the winners from a different country

Good point. What if we let them to cover extra shipping cost (domestic vs. international) and still get the prize? 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, tonyboy said:

What if the winners from a different country

Good point. What if we let them to cover extra shipping cost (domestic vs. international) and still get the prize? 

That's a great idea. I'll browse and see what they have. Hoses are always a good idea those never seem to be given away.

• Like 1

On Tue Nov 10 20:55:41, Nima said:

How about a large video contest? If I can find close to $400 worth of prizes for three winners. To enter you have to create a holiday hookah music video. 

That is actually a good idea and I'm sure that a lot of people would get creative with their videos

On Mon Nov 16 15:01:06, Nima said:

I have secured TexasHookah.com and Smoking-Hookah.com to sponsor a combined prize pool of $500 worth of products. Questions for you guys:

2) Browse the two websites and give me suggestions on what prizes you actually like to see for the upcoming giveaway

I think it would depend how you want to hold the contest. Somethings to keep in mind would be:

1. Which social media is it for? Would one price be for instagram and one for facebook/twitter? or both will be for instangram only?
2. if you split it would one be for social media and one for the forums?

I think your best bet would be to have them on Instagram with two distinct contests with distinct requisites for each contest. The point of having the contest is to raise brand awareness as well as traffic.

I think that "Dude" should jump on this one with his input because he's got a hell of a very solid following on Instagram.

22 hours ago, DudeWhere'sMyHookah said:

Those are great prizes!

I second that. Those are amazing prices. Now to put our heads together to really come up with a good way to get the people involved in the contest.

• Like 1

On Tue Nov 10 20:55:41, Nima said: How about a large video contest? If I can find close to $400 worth of prizes for three winners. To enter you have to create a holiday hookah music video. 

That is actually a good idea and I'm sure that a lot of people would get creative with their videos

On Mon Nov 16 15:01:06, Nima said: I have secured TexasHookah.com and Smoking-Hookah.com to sponsor a combined prize pool of $500 worth of products. Questions for you guys:

I think it would depend how you want to hold the contest. Somethings to keep in mind would be:

1. Which social media is it for? Would one price be for instagram and one for facebook/twitter? or both will be for instangram only?

2. if you split it would one be for social media and one for the forums?

I think your best bet would be to have them on Instagram with two distinct contests with distinct requisites for each contest. The point of having the contest is to raise brand awareness as well as traffic.

I think that "Dude" should jump on this one with his input because he's got a hell of a very solid following on Instagram.

22 hours ago, DudeWhere'sMyHookah said: Those are great prizes!

I second that. Those are amazing prices. Now to put our heads together to really come up with a good way to get the people involved in the contest.

I hope with prices like that people will definitely want to be involved with the giveaway I just recently saw what was happening at stepped away for a while but wow those are some amazing prizes tell me how to sign up and I want to do everything I can to win one of those amazing hookahs

• Like 1