Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wvloony

Hookah dooka Harrisonburg va

Ok here is my review of hookah dooka...it sucked.

Now to the serious side. First, the place doesn't open till 8pm. Which to me is late if you dont want to make an entire evening of it. The location is very difficult to find. It is in what used to be foyr adjoining office spaces on n older part of Harrisonburg. The owner is a nice guy, but while I believe he knows what hes doing, he sure stretches to get the buck. I will explain.

So upon first blush, his menu is typical, starbuzz, and al fakhar, and some house blends. Here is where I believe he stretches it to much. I order a bowl of starbuzz giesha. Now instead of using Egyptian bowls, he uses a deeper deezer bowl, I watch as he loads it, and instead of loading the bowl to just under the rim, he only puts a light amount in the bowl, his foil covers are like pre-molded so he can reuse them over and over. And slapping on a ql he brings the bowl out to your table where the hookah is sitting, I would have to believe he doesn't change the water very often.

Now I was completely put off bu the fact that his method of loading a bowl, left a very large air space between the tobacco and the heat source. Making the draw very hard and the smoke ehh at best. If im gonna pay 16 bucks for a night in a hookah lounge, I want, no check that, expect to get my moneys worth. I mosr definitely will not be returning. On a different note, started my night off at alsultan, so glad I had a good hookah first, and was so very very glad to see that the new manager ditched the qls for coconaras. Made my night all worth the drive in

Yes, if you remember where ollies outlet is, its only two doors down

Don't remember ollies. I remember one hookah place in the downtown area in that busy intersection 

And the one your probably thinking of was big dogs, I think. Its been gone for some time now. All thats left is the vibe, which used to be an Indian restaurant near wendys on south main, then hookah dooka and alsultan