Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cameronscottsummers

Edward Butterfingers BROKE My Bowl

Question

So my roommate managed to knocl my HJ Alien Phunnel off of the kitchen counter today while I was at work and broke it. He has agreed to replace it but quite honestly I want a larger phunnel anyways... So what would you guys suggest? I'll buy literally any bowl that is some kind of phunnel. So shoot it at me. Until I agree with someone I'm stuck smoking out of my good ol' Egyptian clay. Lol

13 answers to this question

Now let me qualify that statement with this. I have never regretted spending the money to get this bowl, its one of my two go to bowls, the other being a ss large hemi, for the dryer tobacco of course. Maybe one.day I will get a tangiers phunnel but I doubt it

The Alien is a great bowl, and I think, for anyone serious about hookah, particularly if they're serious about Tangiers tobacco, it's a must-have.

However, I will second the Harmony as a nice larger bowl.  It takes 30-35g of tobacco, so unless you're always wanting longer sessions, I would advise against it, as you will go through your tobacco stash FAST.

Of course, if you have other bowls, definitely go for the Harmony.  I'm just partial to my Alien.  I wish it were slightly larger, but regardless, it's my favorite bowl.

I love the alien. I hardly use for anything but tangiers however when I first got it, it would be the only bowl that I use.

The harmony is huge. You can't buy 100 gram or 50 gram bags because you will be going through so much to load it. It was a great bowl, I gave it away within two weeks because I couldn't afford to keep it haha

The Crown classic version 3 is a really unique glass phunnel. I have no idea how well it works but it does get bought enough to keep it around while other versions have outdated it. It's beautiful. The holes are at the top instead of a spire design, you won't see another like it.

The tangiers small is a great bowl too, kind of in the middle of a harmony and alien depending on your luck of the draw when ordering.

People like the dream silicone phunnels but I don't hahaha they are about the size of the harmony,

it's all up to what you want to look at and smoke!

Was it an alien or the alien mini? Anyways i would stick to the alien, 80 feet or harmony the 80 is just a mini of the harmony but it packs about 10 grams less

Honestly I have wanted a harmony for a while but I think I'm gonna go for the 80feet. I used to smoke 3+ hours straight but with work I don't lately. Also, I had brain surgery in 2012 and tangiers has too much nic for that situation so I used my alien mostly for Fumari, which it smokes fucking incredibly by the way. It looks like the 80feet is the way to go. That's a lot guys! And I'll tell my roommate to stay the fuck away from this one, I don't care that he's paying for it lol

The 80 is okay. It's really small. It's pretty much a two coal bowl. It holds just a touch more than an alien but can't usually take the extra coal. Depends on how wet the tobacco is. Haze fumari and tangiers will use three but will need a lot of attention. Nak or af will be two coals. They look really nice but eh I can never find a reason to use it. It's smaller around than an alien so no lotus but holds more it is just odd. Haha

I agree with Dude, whereas the Harmony is a great size, and the Alien Mini is a great size choice, the middle ground option between the two... isn't.

If you're smoking Fumari, a Harmony would be a great choice.  You'll find the 80feet isn't much of a size upgrade over the Alien Mini.

Was it an alien or the alien mini? Anyways i would stick to the alien, 80 feet or harmony the 80 is just a mini of the harmony but it packs about 10 grams less

Alien = Alien Mini.  There is no "Alien" bowl, at least not that has ever been produced by HookahJohn.  There have been several variations throughout the years, but it's always been the Alien Mini.  Often times, knockoffs will list it as an "Alien" bowl, because most people just say that, and don't typically include the "Mini" portion of the name of the product.

Alien = Alien Mini. There is no "Alien" bowl, at least not that has ever been produced by HookahJohn. There have been several variations throughout the years, but it's always been the Alien Mini. Often times, knockoffs will list it as an "Alien" bowl, because most people just say that, and don't typically include the "Mini" portion of the name of the product.

i wasnt sure because ive seen some good youtube reviewers all have different looking aliens and some looked a lot bigger then others

Perfect example my friend orders the red one from hookah john, it's tiny. I order a tigers eye from 5 star and its much deeper. He orders a sherbet one next from 5star and its the same as my tigers eye. 5star says alien HookahJohn says alien mini. I believe some confusion may be solved here with what doug said, makes sense.

The Alien Mini is the original one, which was made by HJ.  They are all hand-made, but if 5star's are significantly larger, they're making their own versions.

The Alien Mini is the original one, which was made by HJ. They are all hand-made, but if 5star's are significantly larger, they're making their own versions.

Which wouldn't be the first time they ripped an original HJ product... Just saying. And yeah...I had some confusion about the mini thing for a bit too until I decided people just said "alien" cause they were lazy. My roommate is ordering my harmony today hopefully lol