Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jamalis

Buying a hookah - for beginners

Question

Hello everybody,

Just wanted to share a simple tutorial I wrote for every hookah beginner out there. I am posting this here for two reasons - in hope that my article my be useful for someone and I would like to know your opinion on my article overall. Please keep in mind I wrote this for complete beginners, I know I could have included things like bowl types and more advanced stuff but In my opinion that stuff is more of a taste choice and it is the best way to choose what you need by experimenting with hookah.

Link to the article: chilloutattic.com/choosing-hookah-hookah-buyers-guide/

Any feedback is welcome, and if you find it good or useful, please share it !

6 answers to this question

To start, welcome to the forum.

Right of the rip you start off saying that the main reason to go with a washable hose is the smell. Yeah non washable hoses can start to stink but the biggest part is the ghosting, or old flavors sticking to the hose. You will taste it before you smell it.

Plus you say it is for beginners but say that they should start off on a KM or other big name hookahs. While I believe every hookah enthusiast should have one, they are not the best for beginners. Beginners need to learn through trial and error and it's better for them to potentially break a cheap MYA than a semi-expensive KM.

It could also use some editing, I saw a bit of errors that should be fixed.

Hello everybody,

Just wanted to share a simple tutorial I wrote for every hookah beginner out there. I am posting this here for two reasons - in hope that my article my be useful for someone and I would like to know your opinion on my article overall. Please keep in mind I wrote this for complete beginners, I know I could have included things like bowl types and more advanced stuff but In my opinion that stuff is more of a taste choice and it is the best way to choose what you need by experimenting with hookah.

Link to the article: chilloutattic.com/choosing-hookah-hookah-buyers-guide/

Any feedback is welcome, and if you find it good or useful, please share it !

I've removed the hyperlink part of your link. You are welcome to post links to your blog after you've been active on the forum for some time 

Are you connected with the people at SouthSmoke.com?

To start, welcome to the forum.

Right of the rip you start off saying that the main reason to go with a washable hose is the smell. Yeah non washable hoses can start to stink but the biggest part is the ghosting, or old flavors sticking to the hose. You will taste it before you smell it.

Plus you say it is for beginners but say that they should start off on a KM or other big name hookahs. While I believe every hookah enthusiast should have one, they are not the best for beginners. Beginners need to learn through trial and error and it's better for them to potentially break a cheap MYA than a semi-expensive KM.

It could also use some editing, I saw a bit of errors that should be fixe

Thanks for the feedback! The reason I offer KM's because I found some cheaper ones online (not fakes or anything) and I believe cheaper KM's are best hookahs in that price range. (~50 usd).

I've removed the hyperlink part of your link. You are welcome to post links to your blog after you've been active on the forum for some time 

Are you connected with the people at SouthSmoke.com?

Just a customer. I liked the prices they offer. And I get some loyalty points if someone uses my link to buy something. Does not matter anymore haha

Nima, maybe they would like to be one of our trusted vendors? I see that they have an affiliate program too.... 

Nima, maybe they would like to be one of our trusted vendors? I see that they have an affiliate program too.... 

Maybe. They haven't really contacted me. I'm busy in the next couple weeks but I'll try to reach out to them sometime after that.