logicowl

Apple on top bowls

Question

This is the first post i e ever had on here so here goes.

Ine day i was at a local smoke shop and saw this epic bowl just chilling on a counter.

One look at it and i was ready to buy.

The bowl is complete stainless steal with a silicone grip on it so you can handle this bowl while its hot.

Its super easy to clean and usually just wipes clean with no chemicals nor water.

The bowl also allows for awesome smoke it has a single spire that points up from the center with 5 holes shooting down.

The bowl also vomes woth its signature apple leaf top so you dont need foils.

• Like 2

13 answers to this question

This is the first post i e ever had on here so here goes.

Ine day i was at a local smoke shop and saw this epic bowl just chilling on a counter.

One look at it and i was ready to buy.

The bowl is complete stainless steal with a silicone grip on it so you can handle this bowl while its hot.

Its super easy to clean and usually just wipes clean with no chemicals nor water.

The bowl also allows for awesome smoke it has a single spire that points up from the center with 5 holes shooting down.

The bowl also vomes woth its signature apple leaf top so you dont need foils.

Did you buy it? There's mixed reviews about it because some people say is not very stable with the coals on top, but quite a lot of people really enjoy using it and swear by it. I personally don't have one because I figured that for $39 I can get better bowls. 

I'm always going to say this bowl is just weird. I have two kaloud lotuses, I smoked the apple on top once but I found it to be troublesome compared to the kaloud heat management and stability. It looks really modern too which is something I try and stay away from.

People do like it. It has a few knock offs which means their business is good enough to copy.

• Like 1

I like modern (i.e. I would TOTALLY have one of those Porsche Design hookahs if they weren't like... $800), but I don't think the Apple On Top looks modern.  I think it looks cheap, mainly because it has their name printed on the side.  But that's my opinion.

I've heard a lot of things about them - some people really love them, some people hate them.  The biggest complaints I've heard have been regarding the screen/coal tray itself - turning it really doesn't adjust the heat that much, it's thick and sometimes doesn't let in enough heat (requiring more coals), and it can turn into a dirty mess really quickly.  Purchasing replacement screens/coal trays is $5/each, which is more than an entire roll of aluminum foil.  Purchase a few of those, and you could have had a nice wind cover and some foil to spare.

I personally have no experience with these bowls, but I feel a standard bowl and a Kaloud Lotus would do everything that this can do.  I like switching between using foil with a wind cover, and the Lotus, depending on what brand of tobacco I'm smoking.  You can adjust more variables that way, and, with a Lotus, you can choose whether or not you want to use it, unlike the Apple On Top, where if you want to use that bowl, you have to use their screen.

Edited by TheEightyFour
  • Like 1

Yeah, like everyone else has said, its one of those products that some people love and some people hate. I've never used one but it seems to me that its too finicky to be worth it, you have to pack it just right and use extra coals to get it smoking well. I would rather just stay with what I have that I know works.

• Like 2

Hibestly its not difficult at all perfect flow the bowl is so simple to clean and ot save money i used to use vortex signature bowls but they break to easily this has been THE bowl to conquer all bowls

• Like 1

Hibestly its not difficult at all perfect flow the bowl is so simple to clean and ot save money i used to use vortex signature bowls but they break to easily this has been THE bowl to conquer all bowls

I do like the fact that they don't break as easy as other bowls. I think I cried a little when I broke my social smoke vortex. I loved that bowl. 

I do like the fact that they don't break as easy as other bowls. I think I cried a little when I broke my social smoke vortex. I loved that bowl.

its one of the worst feelings ever breaking a bowl let alone a hookah(yes ive done that) but the biggest heart brake was when i came home to find my 2 year old Egyptian bowl(first bowl i ever bought) and my buddies hj harmony bowl broken on the floor =(
  • Like 1

its one of the worst feelings ever breaking a bowl let alone a hookah(yes ive done that) but the biggest heart brake was when i came home to find my 2 year old Egyptian bowl(first bowl i ever bought) and my buddies hj harmony bowl broken on the floor =(

Oh that really sucks!!! what the hell were they doing with the bowls, practicing for a greek wedding? (where they break the plates on the floor LOL)

Oh that really sucks!!! what the hell were they doing with the bowls, practicing for a greek wedding? (where they break the plates on the floor LOL)

nope no one confessed to the crime but i believe when someone moved the tv from my hookah room they hit it off the table.
  • Like 1

nope no one confessed to the crime but i believe when someone moved the tv from my hookah room they hit it off the table.

That's right I remember you telling us that you told your roommate to get you a new one or that he did get you a new one. Something along those lines. 

That's right I remember you telling us that you told your roommate to get you a new one or that he did get you a new one. Something along those lines.

you got me mixed up with someone else. I remember seeing a guy talk about that but it wasnt me
  • Like 1

you got me mixed up with someone else. I remember seeing a guy talk about that but it wasnt me

Opps.... my bad... I'm sorry.