Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DudeWhere'sMyHookah

No smoke.

Question

Once again I'm at my wits end. I have no clouds whatsoever. I'm pumping my bowls with heat to the point where it's burning just to get a wisp. I thought it was the alien. Over the last few months my alien has not been pulling much of anything unless 4 coals are on it. Today I went back to straight nak raspberry on an Egyptian with foil and three cubes can't do anything. I cleaned out the pipe. The purge and hose port are completely clear. Still nothing. No vase full. The grommets are fine. The burner is set at the same temperature. Tested for air leaks and nothing. My hookah basically just stopped working.

So I ask of all of you just what the fuck is wrong. Sorry for the language but burning bowls and wasting everything goes right through me.

6 answers to this question

Wow, uhm... the only thing I can think of is maybe your ball bearing in the purge port is worn and letting air through even when it isn't supposed to, or it's not setting properly.

Also, if your alien is requiring 4 coals for any smoke... maybe you have a bad batch of coals?  4 will burn anything in an alien, unless you're putting like 2 grams of tobacco in the bottom.  Try a different coal.

Yeah I would try replacing the bearing, at least with foil. You can also try replacing the grommets, if you don't have an extra set Teflon tape and electrical tape work fine. If those don't fix it chalk it up to the Hookah Gods

I've been through a few coal types so far. Jamra some charco blaze black diamond and titanium. I wish it was that but when I checked the coals they were still distributing heat. I guess it has to lie in the purge.

I'll replace the ball and re adjust all the grommets and post my results. Thanks for the help so far!

I'm glad that the weather is overcast once again. I jumped in here too late but I was going to say the same thing about the ball bearing.